You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I switched it off after a half hour. I knew the story and had read/watched a few interviews etc. 
She is just nuts and had zero sympathy for her. 

I actually did the same and went back to it. I felt the last hour was an interesting watch.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfklSB6cYs

Just noticed this is on youtube

Edited by horsebox - 30 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm
I always found her story as a fine example of the stupidity of racism and race.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I always found her story as a fine example of the stupidity of racism and race.

The thing is she didn’t need to culturally appropriate to do good work, and without the appropriation she would still be raising awareness and potentially making lives better. Instead she seems to be reduced to self publicity and doubling down on her absurdity.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:36pm
I'll have to watch the documentary, it was a very bizarre case but I do think her heart was in the right place, even of her head wasn't!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:39pm

I'll have to watch the documentary, it was a very bizarre case but I do think her heart was in the right place, even of her head wasn't!

I think the documentary did try to make that point. Unfortunately, I feel her ego prevented her from actually making amends and going forward with her work. The early part of the documentary did show a human side to her.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:02pm

Thought this was excellent, wonder how much Bucharest has changed since.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:04pm
Just finished watching Evil Genius on Netflix last night. The case is mental, it's like something from a saw film.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think the documentary did try to make that point. Unfortunately, I feel her ego prevented her from actually making amends and going forward with her work. The early part of the documentary did show a human side to her.
best comedy I've seen in years.

I self identify as a lesbian Swedish bird since watching it
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:11pm
Ah yes, the lesser known 'cygnus cunnilingus'.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:57pm
The Gambler available on the All 4 app.
3 parter following writer Johnny Rendall's gambling pursuits. Made in the early 2000's. He was provided with £12,000 by C4 to gamble with to see if he could turn a profit betting on various sports across the world.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

3 parter following writer Johnny Rendall's gambling pursuits. Made in the early 2000's. He was provided with £12,000 by C4 to gamble with to see if he could turn a profit betting on various sports across the world.

That was excellent, I think it's still available on YouTube as well.

I have the book Twelve Grand ,if anyone wants it send me a PM.I only found it a few weeks ago when I gathering books to send to charity shop.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:38pm

I have the book Twelve Grand ,if anyone wants it send me a PM.I only found it a few weeks ago when I gathering books to send to charity shop.
Johnny Rendall died aged 48 found alone after a number of days in his home. The obituary I read about him was very sad outlining how his life deterioated as his demons took hold.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:09pm

Johnny Rendall died aged 48 found alone after a number of days in his home. The obituary I read about him was very sad outlining how his life deterioated as his demons took hold.

He wrote a few good books,really worth checking out.This Bloody Mary and Scream are very good ,both boxing books.

Edited by rossieman - 23 May 2018 at 10:15pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm
Three Identical Strangers.

Doc about identical triplets who were separated at birth and adopted by 3 different families .
They are reunited years later but then things take a strange turn.

Really good doc and probably best to watch it without knowing much more than what I have said above.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:31pm

Doc about identical triplets who were separated at birth and adopted by 3 different families .

Really good doc and probably best to watch it without knowing much more than what I have said above.
Where can one watch this?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:13am
The Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix is worth watching.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:23am

Where can one watch this?

Its on the usual streaming/torrents sites.I got it on Pirate Bay.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic