You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great doc on Netflix about French National Football Team history from 1996-2016.

Les Blues? Decent watch.

That's the one, I enjoyed it shows the history of football side by side the political and economical side of France and the ethical issues between the French born African players well worth a watch.

Karambeu's family history was shocking.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:53pm

Great doc on Netflix about French National Football Team history from 1996-2016.

Les Blues? Decent watch.

That's the one, I enjoyed it shows the history of football side by side the political and economical side of France and the ethical issues between the French born African players well worth a watch.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm

Les Blues? Decent watch.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:29pm
A shower of w**kers from 09-10.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:20pm

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:25am

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Watching World War two in HD colour is on Netflix and it is absolutely brilliant. The pictures are so clear and makes you feel like it's almost happening now the quality is so sharp.

It's brilliant. I liked how it started from the end of WWI, into the Spanish Civil War, etc. 

The BBC Auschqitz miniseries on Netflix is excellent too.

Yeah it was great that it started after WW1 and charted the way through, gave great context to the whole era. I haven't seen the Auschwitz one must check it out, cheers. Another one in I have seen is the Irish revolution 1912-1923 in colour. It is on the British pathe website though you have to sign up. It was on TV3 a few years back as well.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 07 Mar 2018 at 10:29am
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:03am

Watching World War two in HD colour is on Netflix and it is absolutely brilliant. The pictures are so clear and makes you feel like it's almost happening now the quality is so sharp.

It's brilliant. I liked how it started from the end of WWI, into the Spanish Civil War, etc. 

The BBC Auschqitz miniseries on Netflix is excellent too.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:59am
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Watched King of Kong on YouTube last night about lads trying to become the best in the world at Donkey Kong, surprisingly excellent

Yeah it's great but that game has more or less ruined that's lads life.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Watched King of Kong on YouTube last night about lads trying to become the best in the world at Donkey Kong, surprisingly excellent
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Started on 14 hour Doc on Roosevelts also made by Ken Burns. Very interesting and as usual well put together. I think the narrator makes these wonderful too as does the actors that do the quotes like Jeremy Irons or Paul Giamatti

Are any of Ken Burns' documentaries any less boring than his one on the US Civil War?

I watched the first episode of that series about a year ago. I found it excruciating. I didn't bother going on to episode 2. 

I find that in general, the Brits are infinitely better at making documentaries than the Yanks. 

Eh ? His civil war one was excellent
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Started on 14 hour Doc on Roosevelts also made by Ken Burns. Very interesting and as usual well put together. I think the narrator makes these wonderful too as does the actors that do the quotes like Jeremy Irons or Paul Giamatti

Are any of Ken Burns' documentaries any less boring than his one on the US Civil War?

I watched the first episode of that series about a year ago. I found it excruciating. I didn't bother going on to episode 2. 

I find that in general, the Brits are infinitely better at making documentaries than the Yanks. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What is 'Go' ?

It's a game from east Asia similar to chess in terms of it being a strategy game, but its about 'boxing off' territory against another player with stones. Really simple in theory but gets complex when its played. The number of different possible moves in a game is more than the number of atoms in the universe, so they thought that AI was years or decades behind being able to master it!

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 4:23pm
What is 'Go' ?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:33pm
dont know if its been mentioned here but AlphaGo - a documentary about the Google AI taking on the world's best Go player a couple years back - is on Netflix and is a compelling watch
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:20pm
Cheers for that.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:42pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC8-CcUJDNY
Came across this on youtube, looks like it is from the 70's or so. It is very good and the sole survivor gives a first hand account.

Also a brilliant documentary and happened not too far away from me.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:27pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC8-CcUJDNY
Came across this on youtube, looks like it is from the 70's or so. It is very good and the sole survivor gives a first hand account.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic