You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

@superdave. Just watching Portillo’s Canadian rail trip programme on BBC 2. Would you prefer Portillo or Palin for the railway docs?
I think I like Portillo's shows in spite of him rather than because of him. He gets some great scenery and background to the area, but a lot of his interviews are very cheesy.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 8:25pm
@superdave. Just watching Portillo’s Canadian rail trip programme on BBC 2. Would you prefer Portillo or Palin for the railway docs?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 2:11pm
“America’s First Football Hooligan”.

It’s on Vice’s YouTube Channel.

It’s like performance art.

You can all thank me later.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Harlan County, USA - Documentary made during a coal miners strike in East Kentucky in 1973/74, includes company gun thugs, a crooked union leader and a glimpse of life in the Appalachians.

That sounds like the plot to a Steven Seagal movie.

The documentary reminded me of the film Matewan (1987) with Chris Cooper.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:32am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

A very good documentary and an incredibly strange incident.

That was brilliant. I remember the incident well. Bizarre!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

You obviously like Vice on Facebook also.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Harlan County, USA - Documentary made during a coal miners strike in East Kentucky in 1973/74, includes company gun thugs, a crooked union leader and a glimpse of life in the Appalachians.

That sounds like the plot to a Steven Seagal movie.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:34pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:51pm

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:34am
This is a very good documentary.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Three Identical Strangers.

Doc about identical triplets who were separated at birth and adopted by 3 different families .
They are reunited years later but then things take a strange turn.

Really good doc and probably best to watch it without knowing much more than what I have said above.
Where can one watch this?

Its on the usual streaming/torrents sites.I got it on Pirate Bay.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 5:13am
The Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix is worth watching.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:31pm

Doc about identical triplets who were separated at birth and adopted by 3 different families .

Really good doc and probably best to watch it without knowing much more than what I have said above.
Where can one watch this?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The Gambler available on the All 4 app.
3 parter following writer Johnny Rendall's gambling pursuits. Made in the early 2000's. He was provided with £12,000 by C4 to gamble with to see if he could turn a profit betting on various sports across the world.

That was excellent, I think it's still available on YouTube as well.

I have the book Twelve Grand ,if anyone wants it send me a PM.I only found it a few weeks ago when I gathering books to send to charity shop.
Johnny Rendall died aged 48 found alone after a number of days in his home. The obituary I read about him was very sad outlining how his life deterioated as his demons took hold.

He wrote a few good books,really worth checking out.This Bloody Mary and Scream are very good ,both boxing books.

Edited by rossieman - 23 May 2018 at 10:15pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:38pm

3 parter following writer Johnny Rendall's gambling pursuits. Made in the early 2000's. He was provided with £12,000 by C4 to gamble with to see if he could turn a profit betting on various sports across the world.

I have the book Twelve Grand ,if anyone wants it send me a PM.I only found it a few weeks ago when I gathering books to send to charity shop.
Johnny Rendall died aged 48 found alone after a number of days in his home. The obituary I read about him was very sad outlining how his life deterioated as his demons took hold.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:07pm

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:57pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic