Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 80>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ffs i often wonder do some of these people running LOI clubs actually have a clue what they are doing? How many years there have cork been in europe getting big crowds at home games and from the outside things looking pretty good. Now there in debt. Sometimes you would wonder what is the point in this league. 
Yup, the idea of a fan owned club is great, until "being a fan" trumps "having a bit of cop on and business nous" in electing board members. Few of them, while they 100% had the hearts in the right place, were treating the club like a lemonade stall unfortunately.
Cork City have always had a large number of oddballs in their sport, as an oddball myself I could spot them a mile off. When the club died and the phoenix club was formed they were reasonably well run with some very knowledgeable people. As so often happens though, the lunatics began taking over the asylum.
To be fair I don't think is the case with the current board as it is clear to see the issues they inherited.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Ffs i often wonder do some of these people running LOI clubs actually have a clue what they are doing? How many years there have cork been in europe getting big crowds at home games and from the outside things looking pretty good. Now there in debt. Sometimes you would wonder what is the point in this league. 
Yup, the idea of a fan owned club is great, until "being a fan" trumps "having a bit of cop on and business nous" in electing board members. Few of them, while they 100% had the hearts in the right place, were treating the club like a lemonade stall unfortunately.
Cork City have always had a large number of oddballs in their sport, as an oddball myself I could spot them a mile off. When the club died and the phoenix club was formed they were reasonably well run with some very knowledgeable people. As so often happens though, the lunatics began taking over the asylum.
To be fair I don't think is the case with the current board as it is clear to see the issues they inherited.

Pity some of our own fans don't seem to realise this.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Current board is fairly solid. Some poor decisions were made by the precious board in terms of allowing wages to skyrocket and not banking enough cash when times were good. Sadly as is often the case in LOI we have little to show for 4/5 years of good money coming in. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 4:14pm

I didn’t mean any board in general, more that there has gradually been more and more people getting a larger say that would not have been listened to anywhere else. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Current board is fairly solid. Some poor decisions were made by the precious board in terms of allowing wages to skyrocket and not banking enough cash when times were good. Sadly as is often the case in LOI we have little to show for 4/5 years of good money coming in. 

Not sure if you've picked me up wrong with what I said, so I just want to clarify that I've no issue with the current board, my issues are with those who are oblivious to what the board were left with and lay the blame solely at their feet.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:16pm

Not sure if you've picked me up wrong with what I said, so I just want to clarify that I've no issue with the current board, my issues are with those who are oblivious to what the board were left with and lay the blame solely at their feet.

Sorry yes I wasn’t that clear, I was agreeing with you.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:27pm
I hear there is a buyout coming from a consortium lead by Johnnyccfc
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:40pm
It's the last board of management. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:25pm
seems like a bit of a shambles down there (again), massive losses, making settlements with revenue

And to think some of them langers had the cheek to be telling Dundalk fans to be preparing for the worst with our owners and to start getting a fans group in place for when it falls apart

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

seems like a bit of a shambles down there (again), massive losses, making settlements with revenue

And to think some of them langers had the cheek to be telling Dundalk fans to be preparing for the worst with our owners and to start getting a fans group in place for when it falls apart

I would still be of that opinion. Unfortunately being fan owned didn't prevent us from electing a few idiots. Current board are very solid though, settlement has been made with the revenue after some shocking accounting advice regarding vat payments, we're already heading back in the right direction. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:50pm

I would still be of that opinion. Unfortunately being fan owned didn't prevent us from electing a few idiots. Current board are very solid though, settlement has been made with the revenue after some shocking accounting advice regarding vat payments, we're already heading back in the right direction. 

How does a club get bad advice on vat payments? Who are they getting theor advice from? I don't get that one.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
We were given this advice by auditors who got it wrong,no longer the clubs auditors.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 8:57pm

How does a club get bad advice on vat payments? Who are they getting theor advice from? I don't get that one.

Clubs don't pay VAT on tickets, some genius accountant (I don't know the name) had thought that this was the same for merchandise. Apparently 3 other sport clubs clubs made this error too but from what I hear they were all golf clubs that might sell a handful of jumpers not a full blown professional sports club with a general manager and decent sized backroom staff. The outstanding VAT has been settled in full plus fees charged in relation to this cock-up. Full accounts will be available to members at the AGM when filed.

*as far as I'm aware this information is all public, if other city fans disagree DM me and I will delete

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I hear there is a buyout coming from a consortium lead by Johnnyccfc

No truth to this fortunately. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:19pm
Griffin and Ryan gone, Liam Bossin signed.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:14pm
McGlade a very odd signing, most Bray fans wanted rid, doesn't say much about their level 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

McGlade a very odd signing, most Bray fans wanted rid, doesn't say much about their level 
Don't know much about the lad, but he was in the First Division team of the year last year so can't be that bad. How come Bray fans wanted rid of one of the best players in the league? Fenn has worked with him previously at Longford too so hopefully know the lad has the right talent/attitude.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Don't know much about the lad, but he was in the First Division team of the year last year so can't be that bad. How come Bray fans wanted rid of one of the best players in the league? Fenn has worked with him previously at Longford too so hopefully know the lad has the right talent/attitude.

Mainly attitude related and him being a selfish player, never wanted to pass 

Would've kept him given the option myself but I would've been in the minority

Don't think it says much for Cork that they're going for lads like that, hardly pushing for the league type signings, hope he proves me wrong though 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 80>
  Share Topic