Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 80>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:21pm
Roddy is the only man to sort them out
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

rebel 88 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:05pm
Your talking rubbish UCD.Cork have teams under 19,17,15 and 13.Colin Healy is in charge of the football acadamy and doing a great job.Ronan Hurley,Shane Daly-Butz,Cian Murphy and Pierce Phillips,all given contracts this year after coming through the under 19 team.All have played this season.Promoting youth is the way to go.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

The points are all that matters for now

No change then.  John "Mr. Grassroots" Caulfield remained because of points gained, Mr. Grassroots left because of points lost.  The points are all that matters is a thing at Turner's Cross.  Youth, Development, Future, Progress not so much.  The immediacy of Outcome-led football has lost the argument at CCFC, yet still the points are all that matters for now.

There are alternative views.
Probably the best underage structure in Ireland, lots of feeder teams, half the squad comes from City U19's or UCC. 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by rebel 88 rebel 88 wrote:

Your talking rubbish UCD.Cork have teams under 19,17,15 and 13.Colin Healy is in charge of the football acadamy and doing a great job.Ronan Hurley,Shane Daly-Butz,Cian Murphy and Pierce Phillips,all given contracts this year after coming through the under 19 team.All have played this season.Promoting youth is the way to go.

If you believe that youth is the way to go you need to find the strength to challenge posters who say points are all that matters for now.
All SSE Airtricity League sides have teams at U19, U17, U15 and U13 so after mentioning those leagues what point do you wish to make.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

No change then.  John "Mr. Grassroots" Caulfield remained because of points gained, Mr. Grassroots left because of points lost.  The points are all that matters is a thing at Turner's Cross.  Youth, Development, Future, Progress not so much.  The immediacy of Outcome-led football has lost the argument at CCFC, yet still the points are all that matters for now.

Probably the best underage structure in Ireland, lots of feeder teams, half the squad comes from City U19's or UCC. 

As a football follower I credit the "lots of feeder teams" like UCC.  What leagues do UCC play in? this is the stuff I'm interested in.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by rebel 88 rebel 88 wrote:

Daly-Butz was let go from the 19s side. He was given a contract by way of his time with UCC.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:52am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As a football follower I credit the "lots of feeder teams" like UCC.  What leagues do UCC play in? this is the stuff I'm interested in.

As far as I know, UCC have a team in a simiar situation to the UCD team that plays in the LSL.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:04pm
Brilliant result on Friday, at this stage, it doesn't matter about the performance, the 3 points is all that matters. I'm sure we'll see a better performance next Friday. 

UCDFAN, it's a bit harsh to imply Caulfield never gave a chance to younger players. He has given debuts to lads such as Cian Murphy, Ronan Hurley, Darragh Crowley and Dale Holland, along with given Sean McLoughlin and Shane Daly-Butz contracts he could have looked elsewhere. 

As for UCC's teams, they have 3 teams playing in the Munster Senior League and 2 teams playing in the Cork AUL.

On an unrelated note, this article sums up the last few weeks at City nicely https://www.the42.ie/john-caulfield-cork-4617906-May2019/

Edited by adineen98 - 05 May 2019 at 6:06pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:23pm
so can Cotter manage in Europe? Is there anyone there with the required badges?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I'm not sure. He's currently studying for the Pro Licence I doubt that will be enough. Lisa Fallon does hold a Pro Licence, however.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I'm not sure. He's currently studying for the Pro Licence I doubt that will be enough. Lisa Fallon does hold a Pro Licence, however.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 12:04am
Good win tonight, there's been a definite change in style under Cotter; we seem to placing more of an emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground. It wasn't perfect, but we are definitely improving. I'm not expecting us to get anything next Friday, but stranger things have happened.
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:43am
Anyone know how Daire O Connor went last night? Taught him for a while in Secondary school!! 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:27am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Good win tonight, there's been a definite change in style under Cotter; we seem to placing more of an emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground. It wasn't perfect, but we are definitely improving. I'm not expecting us to get anything next Friday, but stranger things have happened.

Definite effort to play more and get the ball down. If we had scored a similar opener a month ago we'd have sat back all match and invited them on like the away game. Baby steps.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:00pm
Talk of Cork going bust again? 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Na, we're fine. I've seen the figures at the AGM, we'll be grand. We're in Europe again.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Going bust is completely blowing things out of proportion. I've also seen the figures, and they are manageable. As Anatoly Dyatlov would say, not great, not terrible. I've full confidence that the new board will have things under control soon. Any talk of us getting close to the wall is either based on misinformation or flat out lies.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:33am
Obviously I dont know the ins & outs of Corks accounts, but these rumors have been about since preseason and many different sources, including the clubs (very active) unofficial supporters twitter page. 
What seems to be behind the spread of misinformation and why has been sustained all season? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 80>
  Share Topic