Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 80>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:10pm
To sign An C.? That really depends on budget. I think we should avoid the LOI merry-go-round where possible. I know Beattie has been a good signing, in general though I would avoid it. I would love City to have a strong Cork/Irish core surrounded by ambitious talent from elsewhere.
Johnny has to go now, he was my favourite player growing up and got to know him fairly well over the years. Would hate to see his legendary status tainted
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:17pm
I meant manager but I would feel the same about signing one of the usual candidates. ROD will probably be mentioned again in the off-season, we just don't have the expertise to recruit fellas from abroad right now. I wouldn't be ruling out a decent cup run but our season could easily be over Friday night. If we win Friday I'll be back to my over-optimistic self.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:23pm
I would like a manager from outside the league and for the same reasons. Would love us to get a good continental coach who wants a 4/5 year project to build his name. More likely to be a familiar face though
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:44pm
Yes we should be looking at recent Uefa pro grads. Craig Bellamy would be entertaining
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 6:53pm
John Caulfield will be at the club for a while imo, to be fair the last eleven games were like cup finals knowing if we lost one our campaign is as good as over hopefully we can put a cup run together but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the average age of the team is too old and the season has caught up on many of our players.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 7:13am
Is the Cork City v Longford Towm match live on RTE tomorrow night?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:30am
nope

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:47pm
Eoghan O'Connell has joined on loan from @celticfc until July, great signing in my opinion
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:50am
Derry City Football Club will lodge a formal complaint over alleged sectarian abuse towards Kenny Shiels at Friday night's match against Cork City.

It relates to a touchline argument at the end of the match. The Derry manager wasallegedly called a "sectarian name" by a member of the Cork backroom team.

Cork chairman Pat Lyons said the club had no knowledge of the incident.

The complaint is to be lodged with the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) by Wednesday.

By that time, the FAI will have had time to read the reports of both the referee and the match delegate who was at Turner's Cross for the Premier Division game.

Derry City chairman Philip O'Doherty met Kenny Shiels on Monday and a decision was made to stand by their manager.

Friday's defeat was Cork City's first in three attempts against the Candystripes.

After the game, Shiels said he was disappointed with the home team's reaction after the final whistle.

"I'm really angry at their lack of hospitality towards me at the end as hosts," Shiels told BBC Sport NI.

"The way they treated me was outrageous but I'll not tolerate that. I'll fight my own corner. I'm not going to be walked over like that.

"I was absolutely disgusted with their behaviour and I'll be making decisions to see what we can do to get something done about it.

"They're not going to call me names down here."

Cork City manager John Caulfield told RTE he was "surprised" by Shiels' allegation.

"I think it was just excitement. He [Shiels] was obviously really disappointed.

"We were excited and probably some of our management were excited.

"At the same time there was nothing in it and I'm surprised with that comment."

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:49am
Caulfield did say to him that "we played you off the park" im not sure why there was need for that bit of needle as there has always been a fantastic relationship between the two clubs.  The alleged comments are supposed to have come from Cork City Assistant Manager John Cotter. It just dosnt add up for me, i am not saying nothing was said just cant see why it would have been said.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:25pm
Kenny Shiels always has been and always will be a grade a ****.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Kenny Shiels always has been and always will be a grade a ****.

theres that too 
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:38pm
Comes across as a bitter man. Has there been a game this season where he hasn't had something negative to say? 

He stormed onto the pitch at the final whistle and had a scream at the ref, calm word my bolloxs. He wont last long in this league if he makes a complaint over every little thing that doesnt go his way. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:40pm
That is exactly what he did in Scotland RK.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:11pm
Anyone know what was said?
Any bookies taking bets on it?
Nordie prick would seem the obvious choice.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:44pm
Derry and Sheils, a perfect storm.

Remember the whole false claims Zayed made against Turner?

If Cotter gave him sectarian abuse, throw the book at him. If it turns out he didn't, I assume some form of sanction goes to Derry for timewasting and mudthrowing? Won't hold my breath.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:14pm
Unless the ref heard what was said and put it in his report, then its Sheils and Derry's word against everyone elses. The chances of the ref even hearing that with the madness at the end is minuscule. I can only see one person coming out of this looking like a plonker, and its no one associated with Cork City or the refs team. 
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Unless the ref heard what was said and put it in his report, then its Sheils and Derry's word against everyone elses. The chances of the ref even hearing that with the madness at the end is minuscule. I can only see one person coming out of this looking like a plonker, and its no one associated with Cork City or the refs team. 

There was a case a couple of years ago in Scotland. Supposedly Aleksander Tonev called Shay Logan a black c***. Nobody else heard Tonev saying this, But it still resulted in a 7 game ban for Tonev handed down by the SFA. In this case it was reported to the ref.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 80>
  Share Topic