You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:34am
It should be possible for Waterford fans to dislike Cork City 2011 too but with our experiences of Fordson , Athletic , Evergreen , Hibs ( taking the finest pitch & one of the best grounds with them ), Celtic , Alberts & the pre Foras Cork City ( interestingly a previous Cork City disappeared into the ether in the 30’s ) it is probably felt that such hatred may ultimately be wasted
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

It should be possible for Waterford fans to dislike Cork City 2011 too but with our experiences of Fordson , Athletic , Evergreen , Hibs ( taking the finest pitch & one of the best grounds with them ), Celtic , Alberts & the pre Foras Cork City ( interestingly a previous Cork City disappeared into the ether in the 30’s ) it is probably felt that such hatred may ultimately be wasted

A brave shout with your short term clubs business plan I'm enjoying this newfound rivalry I must say. I hope some of Albions 2920 new fans join the forum.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:55am
Few of the reds seemed harsh, both sides to blame and foolish to suggest otherwise
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Be interesting to see what Rennie gets out of it, the footage as clear as day shows his involvement limited to dragging Vigoroux away from the row before he ever got near it,

on the footage last night, you could see vigoroux going over at the end of the match to give the away end a bit of lackery. LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Be interesting to see what Rennie gets out of it, the footage as clear as day shows his involvement limited to dragging Vigoroux away from the row before he ever got near it,

on the footage last night, you could see vigoroux going over at the end of the match to give the away end a bit of lackery. LOL

I never mind that considering the abuse a lot of players take but it was a bit strange for a loanee to be at it.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:25am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

A brave shout with your short term clubs business plan I'm enjoying this newfound rivalry I must say. I hope some of Albions 2920 new fans join the forum.

Well that’s about as unlikely as Cork City 1984 ( the previous City having being disbanded in the 30’s ) paying it’s outstanding tax liability to the Irish public 😀
Cork - the City where football teams go to die !
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:58am

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Well that’s about as unlikely as Cork City 1984 ( the previous City having being disbanded in the 30’s ) paying it’s outstanding tax liability to the Irish public 😀
Cork - the City where football teams go to die !

If things go very well for you guys you might even make it to the five years that will allow you to play in Europe. In the likelihood that that doesn't happen I wouldn't be burning any bridges for when the buckets come out in the away end again

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 10 Apr 2018 at 10:58am
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:26pm
Speculative nonsense, same team - new name to reflect our history as Munster’s most successful team.
No Foras style bridging for us , no High Court appearances , no winding up orders , no forced demotion , no buying back rights to a name from a liquidated entity & no depriving the Irish taxpayers of badly needed revenues.
Hopefully buckets will not be needed , we are however eternally grateful for the €125,000 from the sale of Aaron Drinan to Ipswich ( hat trick last night for The under 23’s ) three months & three games after signing him from Cork.
Given the historical apathy of the Cork public towards it’s football teams we can only hope that the 11th Cork team to appear in the LOI outlive their predecessors.
If I remember correctly shortly before their demise Cork Celtic attracted some 50 odd people to a game at a time when they were the only team in Cork.
Oh & let’s hope the Yankee Flyer has learnt his lesson & confines himself to his technical area.

Edited by deiseblue - 10 Apr 2018 at 12:33pm
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:31pm

Speculative nonsense, same team - new name to reflect our history as Munster’s most successful team.
No Foras style bridging for us , no High Court appearances , no winding up orders & no depriving the Irish taxpayers of badly needed revenues.
Hopefully buckets will not be needed , we are however eternally grateful for the €125,000 from the sale of Aaron Drinan to Ipswich ( hat trick last night for The under 23’s ) three months & three games after signing him from Cork.
Given the historical apathy of the Cork public towards it’s football teams we can only hope that the 11th Cork team to appear in the LOI outlive their predecessors.
If I remember correctly shortly before their demise Cork Celtic attracted some 50 odd people to a game at a time when they were the only team in Cork.

Even though Fran Gavin confirmed that both yourselves and Wexford FC are new entities of 2017.

Anyway lads, enjoy the famous win. Maybe one day ye'll be a big club.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:39pm
Pure speculation, I haven’t seen any confirmation of Mr. Gavin’s assertion.
Maybe someday Cork City 2011 can go some distance towards the Blue’s 6 league titles in 8 years but ai wouldn’t bet on it .
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:53pm
Anyway lads, enjoy the famous win. Maybe one day ye'll be a big club.

Saturday 08th April 2018
Dr. Tony O'Neill U19 Southern Elite Division
Waterford 1:0 Cork City Colm Whelan 30 minutes.
I was concerned only one Waterford victory over Cork City in April 2018 would be remembered. And a welling-up of #Youth and #Future would be forgotton. Also the U19s was a famous win, Premier Division an infamous win.

Edited by UCDFAN - 10 Apr 2018 at 12:54pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:57pm

No Foras style bridging for us , no High Court appearances , no winding up orders , no forced demotion , no buying back rights to a name from a liquidated entity & no depriving the Irish taxpayers of badly needed revenues.
Oh & let’s hope the Yankee Flyer has learnt his lesson & confines himself to his technical area.

This is true and new clubs would do well to remember how we ended up there with outside investment from dubious sources and a lot of empty promises. 

The Drinan case is very interesting alright and we may never know what happened there. All seemed a bit dodge to be honest.

I'm surprised you'd bring up Celtic attendances from before I was born as that's what Waterford United had 2 years ago before they joined Celtic in the over-populated LOI graveyard. 

Perhaps we will learn the truth of this re-branding/franchising if Waterford come top 4, they have two big games coming up now if they wish to be there.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:08pm
Drinan signed for a resurgent Waterford as he felt that he had little chance of breaking into a very good Cork side , we were delighted to bank the €125,000 due to astute pursuit of the player by the management staff.
I appreciate the fact that this particular debate has become a matter of post & rebuttal in which I have undoubtedly played a part so perhaps it’s time to go back to the Waterford thread.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:11pm

Drinan signed for a resurgent Waterford as he felt that he had little chance of breaking into a very good Cork side , we were delighted to bank the €125,000 due to astute pursuit of the player by the management staff.
I appreciate the fact that this particular debate has become a matter of post & rebuttal in which I have undoubtedly played a part so perhaps it’s time to go back to the Waterford thread.

I thought it was reasonable enough by football forum standards. Until next time deise
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:12pm
Mod edit:

PM you usually cant wait to hit the report post feature when you deem something to be racist. Well, somebody has deemed your comment racist. In the context of the conversation/debate/sl*gging that has taken place so far between Cork/Waterford fans, I tend to agree. Post deleted.

Edited by Sham157 - 10 Apr 2018 at 3:37pm
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:58pm

Pure speculation, I haven’t seen any confirmation of Mr. Gavin’s assertion.
Maybe someday Cork City 2011 can go some distance towards the Blue’s 6 league titles in 8 years but ai wouldn’t bet on it .

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18336/fran-gavin-hails-brave-decision-to-go-ten-team-premier-division/

Scroll down towards the section which says "I can't believe it's not Wexford Youths"
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:18pm
4 games for Beattie, 3 games for Buckley, 1 game for Caulfield.

Seems fair to me.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

4 games for Beattie, 3 games for Buckley, 1 game for Caulfield.

Seems fair to me.
3 for Caulfield would’ve been fair. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 80>
  Share Topic