You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:18pm
I am assuming you haven't seen the incidents in question.

Against Shamrock Rovers, Cummins was taken down by Horgan, even the Rovers players knew it was a penalty, there was no complaining.

Against Limerick, Cummins was pushed in the box by Dennehy at a corner, with replays showing Dennehy was all over Cummins. Again, no question it was a penalty.

Today, I'm not sure which Bohs defender it was, I think it was Cornwall, must have thought they were Maradonna, as he punched the ball away from a cross, it was as blatant a handball as you'll ever see, and a stone wall penalty.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

What's the story with all the penalties? That 3 games in a row?

Well if you seen todays peno, havnt a clue what the bohs lad was at must have thought he was playing gaa and the one against limerick was a spotter all day long.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm
Was just asking, haven't seen any of them

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:47pm

[Meme taken from España '82 one cell Spainish newspaper cartoon.  After Spain received a penalty in their first two group games of the World Cup Finals]
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:41pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:37am
Are you suggesting he is a Cornish patsy?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:13am
Whole f**kin team of patsys atm!
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:02pm
Looking at the FAI rule book there, Caulfield might only get a 1 match suspension after Friday, if going on to the pitch while the match is underway is considered "unsporting conduct". Beattie and Buckley (and probably Hery and Aborah for Waterford) though will surely be looking at a 3 match ban each, and maybe a 6 match ban for taking part in a brawl.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Looking at the FAI rule book there, Caulfield might only get a 1 match suspension after Friday, if going on to the pitch while the match is underway is considered "unsporting conduct". Beattie and Buckley (and probably Hery and Aborah for Waterford) though will surely be looking at a 3 match ban each, and maybe a 6 match ban for taking part in a brawl.

That is certainly one interpretation of what may happen.
Certainly nobody can claim to be innocent in this unseemly matter however it is feasible to suggest that without Caulfield incursion onto the pitch the Ref would have diffused matters ?
It is also somewhat disingenuous of Caulfield to suggest that he merely went on the pitch to retrieve the ball as from the main stand it also appeared that he kicked Hery - certainly it should be interesting watching on Soccer Republic tonight !
Forgive me for saying it but you’d need a heart of stone not to laugh at Caulfield’s fall 😀
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:07pm
Time wasting happens in every game, and if over the top the ref will deal with it. It only becomes a brawl when someone of the bench gets involved.

I'm sure Caulfield didn't mean to kick Hery, he went for the ball and missed it, but once Hery was kicked by someone from the bench he was going to react, I think any player would.

Forget the bans, just give them a points deduction Big smile

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 8:00pm
Soccer Republic all but confirming that Hery started things on Friday. There was no need for him to knock the ball out of Griffin's hands and then try to dribble away with it. There's time wasting, and there's taking the piss, which is what Hery did. Again, I stress, City aren't innocent in this and I fully accept that, but the suggestions that it was Caulfield that kicked things off is laughable.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:07pm
Good interview from Caulfield after I thought, didn't claim City were innocent and accepted blame for our part. The Albion will be missing Hery and Aborrah for a few games I'd imagine, Beattie be gone for us for a good while too I'd imagine.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
On the contrary I feel that Caulfield exacerbated the situation by kicking out at Hery , without his involvement the referee would have diffused the situation , so yes Caulfield will have to shoulder much of the blame.
He should not have been on the field full stop & such being the case the army bargy would not have occurred.
I appreciate the reference to “ Albion “ from a city that was awash with Union Jacks for the Queens visit to the English market ! 😀
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:18pm

Soccer Republic all but confirming that Hery started things on Friday. There was no need for him to knock the ball out of Griffin's hands and then try to dribble away with it. There's time wasting, and there's taking the piss, which is what Hery did. Again, I stress, City aren't innocent in this and I fully accept that, but the suggestions that it was Caulfield that kicked things off is laughable.

Well he did kick Hery!!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Well he did kick Hery!!

It was only a forwards tackle.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:44pm

That's a fairly one eyed view there chief. If Caulfield does not come on to the pitch, the Ref either books Hery for timewasting/taking the ball away from Griffin or adds a few seconds onto the watch. Caulfield doesn't get involved and none of the rest of it happens, no brawl, no mass suspensions. It might be correct to say that he didn't start it, but he is responsible for the escalation of the situation, nobody else. 

Be interesting to see what Rennie gets out of it, the footage as clear as day shows his involvement limited to dragging Vigoroux away from the row before he ever got near it, and that was the extent of his involvement. Seemingly Griffin (fair play to him) even told the ref that. Yet something tells me he will end up with the same suspension as Caulfield. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:36am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

That's a fairly one eyed view there chief. If Caulfield does not come on to the pitch, the Ref either books Hery for timewasting/taking the ball away from Griffin or adds a few seconds onto the watch. Caulfield doesn't get involved and none of the rest of it happens, no brawl, no mass suspensions. It might be correct to say that he didn't start it, but he is responsible for the escalation of the situation, nobody else. 

Be interesting to see what Rennie gets out of it, the footage as clear as day shows his involvement limited to dragging Vigoroux away from the row before he ever got near it, and that was the extent of his involvement. Seemingly Griffin (fair play to him) even told the ref that. Yet something tells me he will end up with the same suspension as Caulfield. 

Fair enough, I get what you're saying. I should have made myself clearer in my original post. What I was trying to highlight was the fact that people are, in my opinion anyway, trying to paint Caulfield as the only villain in all of this, most likely due to a dislike for him. Fair enough if someone doesn't like him, that's fine, each to their own, but what's annoying me is the way people are seemingly seeing Caulfield was involved and immediately jumping to conclusions without watching the footage, or they have watched the footage, and are choosing to ignore Hery's actions. I'll fully accept Caulfield was wrong to go on to the pitch and seemingly kick out at Hery, but people must realise that both City and Waterford were in the wrong in this situation.

The best thing that anyone associated with both clubs can do now is try and move on from what happened. If there's any silver lining to this incident, it's that there is now some bite to matches between City and Waterford. June's meeting in the Cross should be a good one.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I would imagine Reynolds got sent off for not giving the ball back out of the dugout? Harmless enough you could say but that's where it all went pear shaped. If I was to predict now I would say;

Hery - 3 games
Aborah - 3 games 
Beattie - 3 games (maybe more as he threw a fist)
Caulfield - 1 game
Reynolds - no further action
Buckley - no idea what he's in for

Anyway on a positive side there'll be a great buzz around the return fixture. So much to dislike about Waterford it makes it easy. A fan owned club with deep roots in the community sponsored by a university against a club franchised out of an English club, sponsored by a gambling company and containing some controversial players (you know who I mean) . Can only be good for the league to have a couple of good ties left between these sides. 

As an aside I'd fancy them to get less than 3 points in their next two games away to Derry and Pats without their star players.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 80>
  Share Topic