You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 80>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

840 season tickets sold so far, that's some achievement. Anyone shed any light how that compares to other clubs.

according to the match program on saturday against pats, the club expcet to have over 1000 sold before kick off on friday night, +500 free season tickets for kids
Cork were playing Sligo last week.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:57pm
You stewarding this year Corkery?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

840 season tickets sold so far, that's some achievement. Anyone shed any light how that compares to other clubs.

according to the match program on saturday against pats, the club expcet to have over 1000 sold before kick off on friday night, +500 free season tickets for kids

Cork were playing Sligo last week.

I was replying to the question asking how it compared to other clubs

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:18pm
Question lads, who does the marketing for City, and is their a specific budget allocation for it.

Just saw that video on FB, fair play. If other clubs put as much effort/initiative into marketing themselves as City I'd imagine we'd see an increase in crowd numbers.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 5:51pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SohdH-yv4
I just saw their promo video. Its a credit to them.
They also do professional press conferences with Caulfield and players before every game and put them up on YouTube.
They are giving it everything to get people in the turnstiles and its paying off with the crowds they are getting.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:05am
We had a specific Marketing Team set up about two years ago and they are given a budget to work with to go out and get people through the gates and promote the club. To be honest, the work they've done in less than two years is incredible. For tonight's game for example, they have billboards up around the city, they have adverts at bus stops all over the city center and they've worked with Soho to put up a huge City jersey on the facade of the building which is on Grand Parade, one of Corks busiest streets. 

In the scheme of things, our attendances are really poor for a city of over 200,000, but thats a nationwide issue and hurling will always draw the big crowds in this city at least. Hopefully other clubs can take a leaf out of our book and take the risk to pay for billboards/advert spot etc, we've shown it does work. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

We had a specific Marketing Team set up about two years ago and they are given a budget to work with to go out and get people through the gates and promote the club. To be honest, the work they've done in less than two years is incredible. For tonight's game for example, they have billboards up around the city, they have adverts at bus stops all over the city center and they've worked with Soho to put up a huge City jersey on the facade of the building which is on Grand Parade, one of Corks busiest streets. 

In the scheme of things, our attendances are really poor for a city of over 200,000, but thats a nationwide issue and hurling will always draw the big crowds in this city at least. Hopefully other clubs can take a leaf out of our book and take the risk to pay for billboards/advert spot etc, we've shown it does work. 
Kudos........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Here's hoping. The league has to have a strong Cork team and obviously a good rovers side as well. Does anyone know does the FAI have a team like that? Every club should do what Cork does but it should be backed by an FAI campaign.

Edited by Bitored - 13 Mar 2015 at 6:55pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 7:43pm
I was in Cork during the week and was surprised with the amount of promotion around the team

I also thought it was bray in the pics half the time!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I was in Cork during the week and was surprised with the amount of promotion around the team

4,817 at the Turners Cross tonight. A good start match to boot.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

5-0 up
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 12:56am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Fantastic attendance
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 5:37pm
5,100 at the game Friday night, with a super performance to boot. If this standard keeps up it'll be regular sellouts by the end of the season. Only looked to be about 1,000 spare seats Friday night.

Is the capacity really 7,500???
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

5,100 at the game Friday night, with a super performance to boot. If this standard keeps up it'll be regular sellouts by the end of the season. Only looked to be about 1,000 spare seats Friday night.

Is the capacity really 7,500???

Media and club volunteers are included in that figure as everybody gets scanned going into the ground.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 7:42pm
Those are great crowds by Cork, the marketing firm they employ is doing stellar work obviously backed up by good results and some star names coming to the club i.e Miller, Bennett, Healy, O`Flynn. It can only be good for the league to have a club attracting those kinds of names. Next thing has to be to get a player some international recognition while playing at the club. That would make them a top destination for players.

Well done Cork.
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Those are great crowds by Cork, the marketing firm they employ is doing stellar work obviously backed up by good results and some star names coming to the club i.e Miller, Bennett, Healy, O`Flynn. It can only be good for the league to have a club attracting those kinds of names. Next thing has to be to get a player some international recognition while playing at the club. That would make them a top destination for players.

Well done Cork.

There's no marketing firm being paid by the club. It's being run by a voluntary committee of fans who are given a set budget at the start of the year to implement campaigns for the club.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 12:43pm
There was way more than that in the ground on Friday night
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Well done Cork.

No marketing firm, club set up amarketing committee with a group of lads who go out and get the work done via firms or for free from supporters. Most of the work is being done for free which is fantastic, I helped out for a while in 2013 and 2014 doing the match day posters but only so much free stuff you can do for a club LOL

I think the guy who owns Pog mo Gol does them now for the club.

Richmond Ultra himself did some great work over the years setting up what is now a fantastic setup in colleges and universities selling tickets.

Edited by scottyccfc - 07 Apr 2015 at 11:56am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 80>
  Share Topic