You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 80>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Just my opinion Kev, Cork haven't won a game since August.   They don't come close to any recent champions despite the whirlwind start that was enough to keep yiz ahead.  Brand of football is dull.  I'm absolutely thrilled yiz have denied Dundalk 4 in a row and yiz deserve to win it, but as champions go, ordinary at best.

"yiz" LOLLOLLOL

Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:28am
Congrats to Cork.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:39am
Congrats to Cork, best team over the full season Clap

So is this the point were i now say it's the poorest league for years? that's what everyone else said when we won the first of 3, and when when pats won the year before, and Rovers the year before....

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:33pm
Best team over the season deservedly won the league. Losing two their best players made for a tricky run in. I hope they're too busy celebrating to pay much attention to their next game

Edited by Stoked Up - 18 Oct 2017 at 12:33pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Congrats to Cork, best team over the full season Clap

So is this the point were i now say it's the poorest league for years? that's what everyone else said when we won the first of 3, and when when pats won the year before, and Rovers the year before....

not sure shocco, I think there is a gap developing and its not helping that the same teams are qualifing for europe again, So far this season we have had 90,000 people through the turnstyles across all competitions, two rounds in europe, league prize money, two transfer of players to england thats a lot of revenue for any Irish club. The teams below the european placed teams were very weak in my opinion and have a lot of catching up to do even if some of those clubs have a few very good players.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
This thread has gone nicely off topic.

Absolutely delighted to have won the league. The amount of work certain people have done to save the club, keep it running, get it back to its former glory is amazing. I'm on some of the FORAS mailing lists and the little things you get asked to do (make tea at an U-19's game, help out at the shop, clean stands) and they always get volunteers.

The team was fantastic this year (well, most), but this is for the last 9 years of off the field work by average joe's.

Hope we can do the double now.
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:10pm
I think I'm going to open an account as Dundalk Doc and complain about my fellow Dundalk supporters SmileWinkWink

Cork deserve to win the league because they had the most points but since Maguire left they have only taken more points than Drogs, Harps and Bray.
The team that eventually won the league are poor Champions , the team that started the league were worthy champions.
I feel sorry for the players because I don't actually think they are that bad they have just become paralysed by fear, two decent wins to wrap up the league will take the bad look of it 
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm
I would be happy to win the league next year with 25 wins in a row and finish with 8 losses to win on goal difference, in a couple of years time it will all be forgotten
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Right cleared some of the absolute dross. Onyd or whatver clown you were previously will join his profile on the suspended list again as wil twoinarow/Dudnalk or whatever. Stick to your own threads. Any thread you two post on turns to sh*te.

Congrats Cork.
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Right cleared some of the absolute dross. Onyd or whatver clown you were previously will join his profile on the suspended list again as wil twoinarow/Dudnalk or whatever. Stick to your own threads. Any thread you two post on turns to sh*te.

Congrats Cork.
Fair cop Guv. It became a nonsense.

I echo your sentiments. Cork rebuilt and got their rewards. A key winter in terms of signings and consolidation.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:52pm
Congrats Cork.

Now please do us a favour and beat Pats tomorrow night.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm
Hope Pats put a large tab behind the bar of the Cork lads local for tonight. Maybe even a few cans for their coach up to Dublin too. 
El Puto Amo
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:16pm
Corkies like to make a lot of noise, in their high pitched accents, about "f**k the dubs" etc., but when they fail to beat Pats at the weekend it will just be the latest example of their mile-wide yellow streak. All mouth and no trousers.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Corkies like to make a lot of noise, in their high pitched accents, about "f**k the dubs" etc., but when they fail to beat Pats at the weekend it will just be the latest example of their mile-wide yellow streak. All mouth and no trousers.

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Onyd View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

I would contend on recent form Cork would fail to beat our lumpenproletariat chums regardless. Maybe a few days on the Pimms might improve their performance.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
Well done Cork. Their performance vs Dundalk in Oriel was one of the best I have seen in LOI. Think Caulfield said the other night that they took at least 6 points off every team apart from Bohs. That's exceptionally good going. Enjoy the celebrations Clap
Theres only one sport that matters..
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:36am
Limping over the line 7 points clear with two games to spare

"LIMPING" LOL

Champions of Ireland, we know what we are! 
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Limping over the line 7 points clear with two games to spare

"LIMPING" LOL

Champions of Ireland, we know what we are! 

Didn't you hear? What has happened since February doesn't matter, only August onwards matters
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 80>
  Share Topic