You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 80>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Shels biggest rival these days is Cabinteely ffs

He's right. Cork City fans would regard Shelbourne as the big game followed by any Dublin club. Waterford and Limerick are handy as they are close but they wouldn't be seen as a derby/rivalry.

I doubt Shels fans would feel the same is the issue I'd have, a one sided rivalry isn't really a rivalry.

Of course. I think a few clubs are like that. I suppose it's one sided for Limerick with Cork.
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:27am
City don't really have a rival per se. Everyone seems to pick their own least favourite team. I for one have never liked Drogheda United. Someone mentioned Bohs, I actually like them. Older lads tend to dislike Shams as they remember their success in a bygone era. A lot of fellas dislike Shelbourne because of the mid naughties rivalry but who can sustain that with the current state they're in. If Waterford ever step up a level I can see that being a decent rivalry as the Three Lions are easy to hate. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:43am
Franchise cu nts
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by ChuckVANSeagal ChuckVANSeagal wrote:

Franchise cu nts

Seems my Drogheda dislike is mutual at least LOL
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

You can throw the whole ramblers/city rivalry thing at me too if you like with regard to my opinion and I'll be the first to tell you ramblers are in the exact same boat.

Im sure it been said, but WHATTTTTTT???????????? LOLLOLLOL

There is no City/Ramblers rivalry, you do not enter our thoughts much the same as Limerick and Waterford dont either. I actually enjoy going to Cobh to watch a few games every year but there is absolutely no rivalry between the two clubs at a senior level at least. 

Cork City have no proper rivals, its just a case of whoever we are challenging at the time in terms of on the pitch success. I'll always hate Shelbourne because I grew up with them and City going at it in the mid 00's, but a young City fan today will have no feeling whatsoever towards them. Its Dundalk at the minute but that could change years down the line if either club drop off down the table (not likely from what I can see). 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:41pm
Another proud night for Cork tonight...if Dundalk turn them over on Monday night then we're in for a hell of finish to the season.

John Caulfield will never work again of they throw it away.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:01am
Am hearing reports of more racist abuse from some Cork fans to Ogbene tonight. Second time this season
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Am hearing reports of more racist abuse from some Cork fans to Ogbene tonight. Second time this season

First time was never substantiated, any evidence here?
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Never substantiated??! Cork fans were discussing it on their own forum ffs.

I'm sure as always with these things it's the odd idiot or two. But they should be f**ked out and banned for life.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:11am

I'm sure as always with these things it's the odd idiot or two. But they should be f**ked out and banned for life.

I'll take that as a no so
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:16am

Cork fans themselves reporting that there were shouts from the stand at Ogbene to "f**k off back to Africa" or does not count as racism in Bray?

As I said, likely a lone idiot or two and obviously not representative of city fans as a group but it's still one too many.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:17am
By the way, what a performance from Ogbene tonight. A joy to watch. Fantastic for the league to have young players like that. I wonder will we see him at Preston soon.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:24am

Cork fans themselves reporting that there were shouts from the stand at Ogbene to "f**k off back to Africa" or does not count as racism in Bray?

As I said, likely a lone idiot or two and obviously not representative of city fans as a group but it's still one too many.

That does but I asked if there was any substance to it and you replied they talked about it on their forum, that's not evidence. How are forum members meant to know what was said on a Cork forum?

Still dunno if the above was today or last time
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:59am

That does but I asked if there was any substance to it and you replied they talked about it on their forum, that's not evidence. How are forum members meant to know what was said on a Cork forum?

Still dunno if the above was today or last time

Interested to see this myself?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
The Jackal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:40pm

Of course not. Just because you abused a coloured fella, it doesn't mean it's racist.
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:00pm
There was no racism.

People were shouting out "Fcuk off you Blackrock basta*rd". Blackrock is the area of Cork where he lives.

And fellas in the stand shouting Go Back To Africa. I don't condone it but its hardly racism either.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

There was no racism.

People were shouting out "Fcuk off you Blackrock basta*rd". Blackrock is the area of Cork where he lives.

And fellas in the stand shouting Go Back To Africa. I don't condone it but its hardly racism either.

Hope you're taking the piss Confused
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

There was no racism.

Hope you're taking the piss Confused

No.

Believe it or not there are White Africans too you know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 80>
  Share Topic