Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 80>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:15am
Great interview with Billy Woods here, the 42 seems to be upping their game, especially in regards the League of Ireland.
I couldn't help but laugh at this;

I remember going into Aidan Tynan (an Arkaga employee and who was, for a short time, Cork City’s general manager) one time and they were offering me another year. They put the contract in front of me and I remember thinking, ‘Do they know I’m not full-time?’ I came home and said to my wife, ‘The money is off its game here – it’s ridiculous for a part-time player’. What happened was they actually thought I was 27. I said, ‘No mate, I’m 34′. Tynan had my date of birth in front of him – it said something like 1980. And I was born in 1973. So I told him, ‘Well, you might as well change the terms of the contract’. But they never did.
http://www.the42.ie/billy-woods-cork-city-league-of-ireland-3317909-Apr2017/?utm_source=twitter_self

Sponsored Links

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:23am
Those Arkaga times were crazy, McNulty still talks about flying to away games, as in there was a few times they flew chartered Cork to Dublin for a game vs Bohs. 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:38am
Neal Horgan's book on those times really highlighted to me how mad they all were. Fan owed clubs are the way forward.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Neal Horgan's book on those times really highlighted to me how mad they all were. Fan owed clubs are the way forward.
What is his second book like?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I actually haven't read second city yet it's sitting at home in Cork waiting for me. I was referring to Death of a Football Club his first one. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:35pm

I actually haven't read second city yet it's sitting at home in Cork waiting for me. I was referring to Death of a Football Club his first one. 
I read that one alright, some interesting stories of the time, even if his style isn't very fluid.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm

I read that one alright, some interesting stories of the time, even if his style isn't very fluid.

My mam got a good laugh when she saw the size of the text. Said it looked like a footballer wrote it alright LOL 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:43pm

My mam got a good laugh when she saw the size of the text. Said it looked like a footballer wrote it alright LOL 
A fair comment! I would have got over that though, it just read like a footballer wrote it at times too!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:48pm
What is with the German and Swedish flags tonight?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
It seems the flags were for representatives visiting Cork from Schalke and Malmo, it just looked very unusual without context!
City were excellent tonight, Derry did well for half an hour but once the first went in the game suited City down to the ground. They were unlucky with the second goal as it was a blatant free-kick but it was very sloppy to switch off and it is a good team that punishes these mistakes. Maguire was excellent tonight, not just his goal or the chance he brilliantly  made for himself, but his movement off the ball, his work rate and link-up play. He is developing all the time but I think he is the best City player since a young John O'Flynn.
I think it showed tonight how much Derry are going to struggle without McBride, I think some heads dropped a bit and were missing a leader, it might have cost them a point against Bray too.
Kenny Shiels talking out his arsehole on the sideline again, he is a horrible little man, at least he wasn't fantasising sectarian abuse this year. 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:39pm
5275 at the Cross tonight
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

In fairness, that is what we should be averaging in the bad times! 
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

In fairness, that is what we should be averaging in the bad times! 

Hopefully the crowds will be like that every week for the rest of the season. I've seen some great football played and thoroughly enjoyed it myself, so that may be enough to convince the casuals to turn up more often
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:56pm
Its great to see a full ground in the league. Cork looking good. I like dooley. Hes a good player. You cant see much stopping them this year apart from injuries maybe which may let dundalk back in.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:57pm
Cork too good but we were very poor.
PM it wasn't Kenny who reported the sectarian comment it was a player. That is factual
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

PM it wasn't Kenny who reported the sectarian comment it was a player. That is factual
It never happened and the man is still, and always will be, a complete prick.

Good luck with the rest of the season, I hope it doesn't collapse now.

Edited by pre Madonna - 07 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:56pm

We're not that bothered if it does or not.
I never said it happened as I was not there, nor were you. All I said was the comment was heard and reported by one of our players not Kenny. That is factual
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:14am

We're not that bothered if it does or not.
I never said it happened as I was not there, nor were you. All I said was the comment was heard and reported by one of our players not Kenny. That is factual
No,it was not heard,  it was made up and I would be pretty sure that Shiels had a hand in it. That is very much his style.
And of course you are bothered, otherwise what is the point?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 80>
  Share Topic