You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 80>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:05pm
Problem is Cork fans not members of Foras spreading bull on social media.They don't know anything about the finances,only lies on Facebook.I was at the meeting ,as the other posters said the finances are no big problem.The new board impressed me, young and driven.Cork City are in safe hands.
Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Obviously I dont know the ins & outs of Corks accounts, but these rumors have been about since preseason and many different sources, including the clubs (very active) unofficial supporters twitter page. 
What seems to be behind the spread of misinformation and why has been sustained all season? 

The root of it seems to be based in the €300k figure that was (poorly) reported at the end of last season, and people jumped to conclusions from there. Since Europe last season, there has been a general aura of discontent around the club, which has since been intensified by the poor season, so naturally, some people are going to start assuming the worst. Things aren't very rosy at the moment, but we'll be fine in the long term, though. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Problem is Cork fans not members of Foras spreading bull on social media.They don't know anything about the finances,only lies on Facebook.I was at the meeting ,as the other posters said the finances are no big problem.The new board impressed me, young and driven.Cork City are in safe hands.
Was the "meeting" the AGM last month? I read the report/minutes, I'm certainly not that worried. 
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:44pm
The AGM was in February when the new board was elected.Last meeting was a GM, more of a information meeting.More than 600 in Foras now, which is great.
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:09pm
How many here are a member of Foras? Thinking of paying the 120. 600 members by 120 gives about 72,000 - but even less if some of that 600 are OAPs and pay 60euro. How far does that go in the running of the club? Totally ignorant to it hereLOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:16pm
Well you managed to get a new club up and running, competing at the top end and pull in decent numbers, no reason ccfc would be in any bother if you trim a big squad and keep your support base.

Edited by oldbilly - 15 Jun 2019 at 11:17pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

How many here are a member of Foras? Thinking of paying the 120. 600 members by 120 gives about 72,000 - but even less if some of that 600 are OAPs and pay 60euro. How far does that go in the running of the club? Totally ignorant to it hereLOL
I'm a member.  Foras and Cork City are now separate. They were possibly always seperate. The club makes enough money not to need Foras money.

The main benefit of being a shareholder is being allowed go to the pub on match night. That and of course the whole deciding how the club is run.

Edited by corkery - 16 Jun 2019 at 1:05am
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:38am
Ok but if they are separate where does that 72 grand go?? 
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:05pm
That money is held in separate account to be used at the discretion of the board. A lot of this money has been used for the running of the club, money given to the amputee team and the youth teams.Its a good fund to have as a back up for the club.You should join Foras as it's money well spent+the meetings are very informative about the running of the club.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:12am
To be honest I'd be treating it as a donation more so than anything else as I don't live in Cork any more and rarely get the chance to go there any more sadly. But 120 will hardly break the bank you'd just like to know it was being used wisely which it sounds like it would be. 
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 3:58pm
Cork City have appointed ex player Frank Kelleher as first team manager.He is leaving his job as head of academy at Cobh Rambers.He was with us before as woman's manager,who won the FAI cup in 2017. We needed someone with a pro license since Caulfield went,he takes over for the Bohs home match next Friday.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 6:38pm
Coustrain has joined us from Rovers, with Cummins going the other way. 
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 7:10pm
Cummins and goings
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 7:48pm
Let your striker go just before european games? Not much firepower at the club right now. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Let your striker go just before european games? Not much firepower at the club right now. 
*Not much money at the club
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 10:17pm
 Has it been badly run or what? Europe for the last how many years. The largest LOI crowds in most of those years on a weekly basis. How is the club in a bad way financially when from the outside it shold not be too bad.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He isn't good. He doesn't score that many goals.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:06pm
Why do Shamrock want him? He had one good season in the First Division and has been sh*te ever since. He can’t move either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 80>
  Share Topic