You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 80>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:28pm
Woeful start again, 0-1 down after 3 mins. rumours of trouble in the camp although Caulfield obviously denied this pre match.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
We were saying it this time 12 months ago, the poorest champions we’ve had in quite a while. 
Great time for Bohs to be playing em next Sunday. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 12:07am
Shambolic defence of our title,
Players not playing for the jersey
Signings that didn't suit out style of play
Absolute hoofball at times.
I fully expect Caulfield to be here next year but has a massive job on is hands, great chance for bohs next week.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 3:59pm
Where to start? The season has been a shambles from start to finish, from the singing section fiasco, to the supposed bust up in the training ground with players being sent home. It has been an embarrassingly pathetic defence of the title, and fans are beginning to get very restless. Caulfield has a big job on his hands not to turn things around, but to even stop the rot. I think it's the first time in 15 years we've lost three in a row in the league, and to be honest, I don't have much hope of that ending against Limerick. I'll be very surprised if we beat Bohs next weekend; we'll more than likely see a similar result to last Friday, as they won't have a better time to play us. Morale is completely gone from both players and fans. Caulfield will probably still be in charge next season, but it has the potential to turn toxic, and as he is undoubtedly a Cork City legend, it would be such a shame if his time at the club was to end with his firing. 

As far the match itself, honestly, I think it was a poor game. City laboured, Dundalk never had to get out of second gear. Neither keeper was really tested; the quality of the game can be summed up in that the goal took a deflection of McCarthy. That being said, Dundalk were fully deserving of the victory. My only complaint would be that City should have had a penalty in the first half, but it wasn't given, so not much we can do there.

I'll admit that Dundalk are worthy league winners this season, I'd be delusional to say otherwise, so congratulations. City simply didn't deserve to win the league this season, the football has been truly awful to watch at times. Friday night could be a summing of City's season; laboured, frustrated, and no end product. That being said, I still expected City to put up some bit of a fight and delay the inevitable; to bend over for Dundalk the way we did was tragic. 

BTW, @Shoco here's a link for you https://twitter.com/Curtis__94/status/1041732439318687744. If you want more proof, have a look at tweets from both clubs regarding the ticketing issue. Not that it really matters now anyway.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 4:04pm
so one fan on the internet said "hope" we take over the home section as well 

I'll leave it there so

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:45pm
congrats chaps, well done and all that,feckin devastated here.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:51pm
Well done & good luck in the final etc etc Dead
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:09am
Even if our football was agricultural last night at times, there was 3 great goals in the game. The big difference last night is that the players looked up for it and showed a bit of passion and character. Now a small matter of Dundalk in the final again.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 09 Oct 2018 at 9:09am
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:22am
Lads, is Caulfield the most successful Cork manager ever?

He's done an incredible job. They're absolutely torture to watch but you have to admire their consistency in getting results over the last 3/4 years. 
Theres only one sport that matters..
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:06pm
Good win last night against an admittedly poor Limerick side, but it was a relief to finally win in the league, particularly with the side that played last night being a heavily rotated one. Ronan Hurley, Cian Murphy and Shane Daly-Butz all look like great prospects for next season. Hopefully between last night and Monday's win against Bohs (which I think we deserved), we'll get a bit of momentum going ahead of the Cup Final.

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Lads, is Caulfield the most successful Cork manager ever?

He's done an incredible job. They're absolutely torture to watch but you have to admire their consistency in getting results over the last 3/4 years. 

The only domestic competition he hasn't won in his time at City so far is the League Cup, and he's lead City to 8 trophies (3 major, 5 minor), so yeah, he would be City's most successful manager. He doesn't get enough credit for the work he's done here, particularly from those who jump on the "He plays direct football so he's a sh*t manager" bandwagon. It's been said among City fans that the worst thing he could have done was almost win the title in his first season, because expectations were massively raised, but he's risen to the challenge admirably.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:56pm
Will there still be a big clear out in the off season?

Whose expected to leave? Sadlier?, McCormack? Delaney ? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 12:32am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Will there still be a big clear out in the off season?

Whose expected to leave? Sadlier?, McCormack? Delaney ? 
Sadlier,.beatie, Mcnamee, O'hanlon will all be gone, reckon delaney will hang up his boots too. Still the bones of a a decent team with mccarthy and mcloughlin at the back, McCormack and Morrisey in midfield and shep and cummins up top. Need a few aditions to build around that. Still would expect us to be dundalks nearest challengers next season. Shamrock Rovers have been operating on the same budget as us over the past couple of seasons so unless that increses or they get rid of bradser I still think they will finish third.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:51pm
Highly disappointed with the result on Sunday but I enjoyed the day overall. Looking ahead to next season, I'm fairly optimistic of a good season. I'm expecting Dundalk to win the league again, but I think we'll push them again. Big rebuilding job needed though, but it's good to see Caulfield has wasted no time and has already brought in Dan Casey; I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next season. A new striker, winger and maybe left back to add to Casey and I think we'll be okay.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:58pm
Is Caulfields position safe ? 

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It sure is.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The only way his job would be insecure is if we missed out on Europe altogether. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 4:41pm
Another new signing for City 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:18pm
Garry Comerford, good squad player. can play anywhere really. i was very 50/50 about him because he cost us in a few games but his versatility saved us in others 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 80>
  Share Topic