You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 80>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:37pm
with the large home crowds, I was surprised at how few away fans were there for the Pats game, was at best 50. I'd have thought that you'd get more Dublin based langers coming to the game than that.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:54pm
same at Bray, expected good few more
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

with the large home crowds, I was surprised at how few away fans were there for the Pats game, was at best 50. I'd have thought that you'd get more Dublin based langers coming to the game than that.

I take it you were only counting the lads in the terrace behind the goal, most of our fans were in the stand in the corner. I thought it was good away support. Wasn't at the Bray game so can't comment on that.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:05pm

they had more than 50. they had the end section of the stand and a good few behind the goal too.

i'd say they had 100-150.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm
I see, I was in the stand so didn't see them at the other end. Would have been a few other Cork fans in among with the home end too, like I had with me. So 200+ away fans.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:13pm

I see, I was in the stand so didn't see them at the other end. Would have been a few other Cork fans in among with the home end too, like I had with me. So 200+ away fans.
That's probably a fair enough estimate. Or 11%+ of the crowd if you prefer Wink

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 13 Apr 2015 at 1:16pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:23pm
Big crowd Friday I thought. Last two sections of the end of Pats terrace full (what does that equate to?) plus another 40/50 behind the goal.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 3:43pm
This has been done to death but its nearly impossible for regional teams to maintain any sort of away support. 

Dundalk, Drogheda, Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Bray are all within approx. an hour of each other, even Athlone is only an hour and a half or thereabouts from Dublin. Thats half the teams in the league where I wouldn't have to take time off from work to get to the away game. 

As it stands for myself, Limerick is the only game where I don't have to take time off, its an hour and a half from Cork. Every other away game requires me to book a half day at the least to get to. This week we have had Pats, and will play Drogheda away, I can't get to either. I imagine its the same struggle for Sligo, Limerick, Galway, Derry fans etc. 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

This has been done to death but its nearly impossible for regional teams to maintain any sort of away support. 

Dundalk, Drogheda, Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Bray are all within approx. an hour of each other, even Athlone is only an hour and a half or thereabouts from Dublin. Thats half the teams in the league where I wouldn't have to take time off from work to get to the away game. 

As it stands for myself, Limerick is the only game where I don't have to take time off, its an hour and a half from Cork. Every other away game requires me to book a half day at the least to get to. This week we have had Pats, and will play Drogheda away, I can't get to either. I imagine its the same struggle for Sligo, Limerick, Galway, Derry fans etc. 

Our nearest away game is in AthloneLOL
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

And the same as their trip to Tallaght as well, good home support but they obviously don't travel well
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:37am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

And the same as their trip to Tallaght as well, good home support but they obviously don't travel well

Langers never have bar a brief period in the mid 00s. Even when league of Ireland matches were on Sunday afternoons they'd have no more than a mini bus up to united park, if even that.

They have valid excuse since switch to Fridays though.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:13pm
Even when it's not a friday night, Cork don't really have a good away support.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:55am
Wow! I cant wait to see the thousands of away fans turn up at Turners Cross over the next few weeks LOL
Biggest fanbase in Ireland and ye lot are looking for holes! LOL

Edited by scottyccfc - 15 Apr 2015 at 8:55am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:05pm
Team looks very banged up at this stage. Needs a refresh in my opinion. Of last nights's squad....

McNulty - keep
Kavanagh - keep
Bennett (Capt) - not top-class anymore - keep as backup
Murray - gone 
Gaynor - keep 
O'Connor -  looks promising
Sheppard - keep 
Beattie - keep 
Miller - not worth the $
O'Sullivan - he's a trier, and a lovely impact player, not sure he should be first choice
Buckley - not at the required level

Subs: 
Dennehy - is his head okay?
Healy - keep for experience/coaching role?
O'Flynn, Kearney - past it
Smith, McSweeney, O'Connoll - too young
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:17pm
Of the team that started last night-
McNulty
Kav
O Connor
Benno
Beattie
Marky.
Would get rid of the rest and all the subs bar Healy as player coach.
That was f**king abysmal last night, this team is far too hot and cold. Caulfield has to go too.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Of the team that started last night-
McNulty
Kav
O Connor
Benno
Beattie
Marky.
Would get rid of the rest and all the subs bar Healy as player coach.
That was f**king abysmal last night, this team is far too hot and cold. Caulfield has to go too.

Agree will all that, Holohan is looking like a god at the moment going by the difference in performances when he's in and out of the team.

Nults/Smith

Kav          Benno          Dunleavy        O Connor

Miller

Holohan           New Signing

Shep                                           Beattie

New Signing/Marky

We're not that far off a decent side. Love Marky but the temptation to hoof it up to him seems too much to resist for the lads. Not many striking options available in this league so a bit of creativity necessary in the transfer market. Poor coaching decisions in big games have been a big part of JC's tenure.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 2:51pm
He is still a great option. If only we had eleven with Mark's attitude.
We can't keep Miller if Caulfield stays, he is wasted under him
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He is still a great option. If only we had eleven with Mark's attitude.
We can't keep Miller if Caulfield stays, he is wasted under him

I hope he does go to be honest, would hate to see the fans really turn on him. He served a purpose but now it's time to push on.

As a matter of interest who would you lads have top of your lists?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 80>
  Share Topic