Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 80>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm
Think we will have Maguire until july 1st.we should have enough to see out the league now even if we drop our average points per game from 3 to about 2.1
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Nice lead City have now. Are ye lads fearful if Maguire is snapped up it might knock the confidence out of them ?

I'll be honest I'm worried if he does go and I'm hopeful that City can do a deal with whoever he signs for where he can stay on loan until the end of the LOI season. That being said I think we have enough to cope without him so I don't think it'll knock the confidence out of City
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Nice lead City have now. Are ye lads fearful if Maguire is snapped up it might knock the confidence out of them ?

The lad is irreplaceable but you could do a re-shuffle up front and have an XI not far off the current in quality. First couple of results after his departure would be crucial, hope he stays for Europe though.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:09pm
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:04pm
Good win tonight but Bray were brilliant and definitely the better team in the second half. I actually think they were unlucky to lose. As for the penalty, I was behind the goals and didn't see what it was for, but I think it may have been for handball. 5,316 was the official attendance I think. 11 wins in a row now
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:08pm
Go on there the Rebels.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
Another fairly average performance and another victory, I couldn't see what the penalty was for, I am getting the impression it was soft though. It would be better if it was, send poor Kenny right off his cracker!
Played everybody in the league once and beaten everybody once and 12 points clear. Thanks Galway!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
Pats defo the stronger starting out . Cork had better chances and a bit of luck . Cork's fitness showed and Pats faded away . Good crowd and noise up from Cork , plenty pissed off with Peter Ridsdale floating around the pub before hand and then into the ground to watch Seanie Mc . #Disruption
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:39pm
Definitely not but can't see it, maybe it's years of Bray letting me down but wouldn't be hopefully at all
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

We've always struggled down there, can't see us getting anything

And Shamrock Rovers never lose to Bray! At some point City are going to fail to win it and if you look at the upcoming run of games Bray are the best placed. If Benno is out it could disrupt the defence and we all know that your lads can score goals! It is a chance for Bray to show they are serious contenders too, it certainly isn't a gimme.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

From following the match on the Airtricity League website, it sounded like while Pat's started off the better team, we grew into the match as it went on. 1,768 were at the match as well apparently.

Can't wait for next Friday, Bray will be a serious test

I saw the first-half before the stream cut out on ffty minutes, City were very poor again but had far and away the two best chances when Shep blasted over and the ball came back off the post in a scramble from a corner.
Worrying that Benno went off injured as the stream was going, possible hamstring and Buckley got another yellow which, I believe, is his fifth and will miss next week. Hopefully I am wrong about the last one as Bray will be a tough test as they are on a good run of form.
It would be lovely to have beaten everyone in the league by this time next week but it won't be easy.

Grinding out results the way City are is a good sign though. If Buckley and Benno are both out it will obviously be a blow, but we should have the strength in depth to cope.

Beat Bray on Friday and Finn Harps the week after and things will be very rosy indeed
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
We've always struggled down there, can't see us getting anything
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

From following the match on the Airtricity League website, it sounded like while Pat's started off the better team, we grew into the match as it went on. 1,768 were at the match as well apparently.

I saw the first-half before the stream cut out on ffty minutes, City were very poor again but had far and away the two best chances when Shep blasted over and the ball came back off the post in a scramble from a corner.
Worrying that Benno went off injured as the stream was going, possible hamstring and Buckley got another yellow which, I believe, is his fifth and will miss next week. Hopefully I am wrong about the last one as Bray will be a tough test as they are on a good run of form.
It would be lovely to have beaten everyone in the league by this time next week but it won't be easy.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:41pm

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Look Stuart Byrne mentions in todays mirror that cork are not as good as our 27 points suggest and to some extent I agree with him, if we had drawn away to Shams and Bohs I dont think we could have had too many complaints and a lot of our 27 points is down to some really poor teams in the league but thats not corks fault. Imo we are the best equiped team to win the league but tougher tests to come in particular when we have to filter in our europa league games in a couple of months.

Definitely not good enough to run away with it like some are suggesting, but we are playing awful in some games (Rovers & Bohs away, Sligo home), and we are still coming out with the wins. Wont last much longer but its the reaction to dropping points that will be the key. We dropped too many stupid points last season, one week in particular when Dundalk dropped 6 points and we went on to only pick up 1 from Sligo and Bohs at home, thats where we lost the league, not when Dundalk beat us at Oriel. Cut those silly dropped points out and we have a chance. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:48pm
Look Stuart Byrne mentions in todays mirror that cork are not as good as our 27 points suggest and to some extent I agree with him, if we had drawn away to Shams and Bohs I dont think we could have had too many complaints and a lot of our 27 points is down to some really poor teams in the league but thats not corks fault. Imo we are the best equiped team to win the league but tougher tests to come in particular when we have to filter in our europa league games in a couple of months.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Toughest game of the season tonight, they'll need to play a lot better than on their previous two trip to Dublin as Pat's are capable of capatalising on any mistakes. Hopefully the lads are focused and we can get one step closer to the perfect series. 

You obviously haven't seen much of Pats

Saw them win 4-0 in Dalymount where we were lucky to win at all, plus they effectively ended our league chances last year. Fagan and the large Dennehy are out which should help.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Toughest game of the season tonight, they'll need to play a lot better than on their previous two trip to Dublin as Pat's are capable of capatalising on any mistakes. Hopefully the lads are focused and we can get one step closer to the perfect series. 

You obviously haven't seen much of Pats
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 80>
  Share Topic