FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork City Foras Co-Op Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 80>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:05am
How many tickets did Bohs get for tonight?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Turner's Cross sold out tomorrow night,should be a great atmosphere.Damien Delaney one of seven appointed on the new board.

Looking forward to going down to TC today - hopefully both teams put a decent show in front of the cameras.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:06pm
Amazing Cork* are 6/4 favorites  

Edited by 9fingers - 17 Feb 2023 at 10:04am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Not a lot of talk about Cork City so far. As usual you wud expect them to be tough down at Turners Cross with the crowds. Be interesting to see how they do against Bohs tomorrow night. Id predict a tight affair. Draw. Hopefully we see some goals tho.
Impossible to know what they're getting. Squad will be like Nottingham Forest this season, so many new faces that we've no idea what they are like
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:23pm
We signed 3 players from Sweden,2 midfielders and a defender.New keeper signed on loan from Celtic,Oluweyemi.England under 19 international.See how they play tomorrow night. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:03pm
Not a lot of talk about Cork City so far. As usual you wud expect them to be tough down at Turners Cross with the crowds. Be interesting to see how they do against Bohs tomorrow night. Id predict a tight affair. Draw. Hopefully we see some goals tho.
I love beer gardens
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 8:55pm
Turner's Cross sold out tomorrow night,should be a great atmosphere.Damien Delaney one of seven appointed on the new board.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 4:12pm

Cork City have announced the signing of England under 19 international Tobi Oluwayemi until the end of June.

The goalkeeper makes the move to Turners Cross from Glasgow Celtic as the Rebels prepare for their return to the League of Ireland Premier Division this season.

“I’m really happy to be joining Cork City,” the 19 year old said, speaking to the club’s website.

“I think this is a fantastic opportunity for me to do this. When I first heard that Cork City were interested, it was a move that I thought could be very good for me.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 10:06pm
Good luck with it, I wouldn’t hold much hope for it. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 9:20pm
They'll probably need to rename in a few years again...Sad to see Cork give up their fan owned status. The owners don't seem to have the same clout as Derry or Shams either.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:24pm
Maybe it's time to change the title of the thread now. 🙄
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:53pm
84% of Foras members vote for sale. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm
Same lad looked into Dundalk, sponsored Bray as well, feels like he just wants a play thing and doesn't matter what club it is.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah read that this morning. I'll listen to his plans anyway before deciding which way to vote.

Main question for me is how he sees the finances work, is he willing to underwrite the €700k-€1m shortfall every year it'd take to be competitive without being in Europe. At the moment we've no way of bridging that without getting lucky with a signing.

I love being a fan owner but realise that the finances mean we'll struggle to ever be competitive again without proper financial backing. Do I like being a fan owner of a lower half team or be a fan of a title challenger, tough question
This takeover certainly won’t have you challenging with Rovers & Derry, the finances simply aren’t there. You’ll go from fighting relegation to hoping for a euro spot which is really a 3 position swing, all for selling off your club again. 

Yeah this will all end in tears I reckon. Ye have a good thing going down there. Why throw it away?
Simply put, we see ourselves as a big club, should be fighting for titles. IRish football is boring if you're just plodding along midtable and playing Irish teams 4 times a year. Go big and aim for Europe or go home.

Go big and go bust.

I wonder what we'll call the next club. 

Not having a dig but I just don't understand this attitude I'd much rather be run sensibly even if that meant mid-table a few years and build slowly than this constant boom-bust cycle. I'm sure there's plenty of fans of former LOI clubs who would only love to be travelling around Ireland.

I like Corkington Stanley myself
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:33am

Yeah read that this morning. I'll listen to his plans anyway before deciding which way to vote.

Main question for me is how he sees the finances work, is he willing to underwrite the €700k-€1m shortfall every year it'd take to be competitive without being in Europe. At the moment we've no way of bridging that without getting lucky with a signing.

I love being a fan owner but realise that the finances mean we'll struggle to ever be competitive again without proper financial backing. Do I like being a fan owner of a lower half team or be a fan of a title challenger, tough question
This takeover certainly won’t have you challenging with Rovers & Derry, the finances simply aren’t there. You’ll go from fighting relegation to hoping for a euro spot which is really a 3 position swing, all for selling off your club again. 

Yeah this will all end in tears I reckon. Ye have a good thing going down there. Why throw it away?
Simply put, we see ourselves as a big club, should be fighting for titles. IRish football is boring if you're just plodding along midtable and playing Irish teams 4 times a year. Go big and aim for Europe or go home.

Go big and go bust.

I wonder what we'll call the next club. 

Not having a dig but I just don't understand this attitude I'd much rather be run sensibly even if that meant mid-table a few years and build slowly than this constant boom-bust cycle. I'm sure there's plenty of fans of former LOI clubs who would only love to be travelling around Ireland.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:16am

It’s this sort of basket case logic that has you in this position in the first place. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

In my eyes the problem with the current ownership model is when the current board (who have done a magnificent job imo) want to step down I just don't think we have a strong enough group of people within FORAS to run the club.  I'm not sure if the vote will even pass but I'll listen to what has to be said and go from there.
Yeah I'll do the same.

Agreed we're kinda bled Cork dry with new Foras members and members willing to do the work. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:57am
In my eyes the problem with the current ownership model is when the current board (who have done a magnificent job imo) want to step down I just don't think we have a strong enough group of people within FORAS to run the club.  I'm not sure if the vote will even pass but I'll listen to what has to be said and go from there.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 80>
  Share Topic