You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yaya Toure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:24am

Absolutely scandalous. I don't understand why City don't use their money to try and sign the very best players out there. Whats the point in this signing? He's hardly a world beater.

It's a walk-off!
Sponsored Links

garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:25am
Absolute joke if he is on that sort of money, fooking hell Thumbs%20Down.
This time next year........
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:47am
Agent saying if they don't give him a new deal by Saturday he'll leave in May and that none of the staff bar Mancini respect him

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8578539/Yaya-Agent-Sort-City-Deal-Now-Or-Toure-Leaves
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Agent saying if they don't give him a new deal by Saturday he'll leave in May and that none of the staff bar Mancini respect him

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8578539/Yaya-Agent-Sort-City-Deal-Now-Or-Toure-Leaves

If these comments are true (as Toure will probably come out saying this fella doesnt represent him like they all do) i'd let him run on, along with his brother Lenny Henry who thinks he's too good to be taken off when chasing a goal at Everton so takes his shirt off and walks on down the tunnel

Dont get me wrong, Yaya has been a massive player for City since he signed and reading back on this thread has proved a lot of people, including myself, wrong.
But he's 29 now, misses games when he has a headache and is very lazy at times. When he wants to he's an immense player but if he thinks he can hold the club to ransom like this i'd get rid of him.

Whens the contract up anyway?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 10:09am
Last big pay day in a top league. A dawg gotta get paid.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 11:34am
I'm waiting for him to be signed by some Arab team at the end of the season, YaYa will then claim that it was his boyhood dream to play out the best days of his career in Qatar. Cannavaro pulled a similar stunt a few years back when he was promised a pot of gold to go & play for the Sheikh's. He called a press conference about an hour before the deal went public & then he tried to pass it off as a coincidence LOL
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
Send  him off to Russia,he  can  make a few Million, then retire and complain about how he was racially abused there!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

I'm waiting for him to be signed by some Arab team at the end of the season, YaYa will then claim that it was his boyhood dream to play out the best days of his career in Qatar. Cannavaro pulled a similar stunt a few years back when he was promised a pot of gold to go & play for the Sheikh's. He called a press conference about an hour before the deal went public & then he tried to pass it off as a coincidence LOL

was cannavaro not 37 or 38 at the time. wouldnt really mind that.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 2:47pm
He is endemic of the squad that Man City have built over the past 5 years or so -  massively overpaid, mostly lazy players with no real aspirations or hunger to make City a top club/team. As I've said before most of these guys are just pay cheque players - the only thing that really matters to them is their bulging bank accounts. Yaya Toure is the perfect example of this - just look at his god awful displays in Europe over the last 2 seasons.

The likes of Vincent Kompany must despair when he looks around the dressing room on match days. A change of manager and a change of tact in the transfer market would go a long way to making City a half decent side in Europe. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

He is endemic of the squad that Man City have built over the past 5 years or so -  massively overpaid, mostly lazy players with no real aspirations or hunger to make City a top club/team. As I've said before most of these guys are just pay cheque players - the only thing that really matters to them is their bulging bank accounts. Yaya Toure is the perfect example of this - just look at his god awful displays in Europe over the last 2 seasons.

The likes of Vincent Kompany must despair when he looks around the dressing room on match days. A change of manager and a change of tact in the transfer market would go a long way to making City a half decent side in Europe. 

Slightly harsh on Yaya.
Been a vital member of taking the club forward the past few years.
First trophy in 34 years, he got the goals in the 1-0 wins in both he semis and final

Got 2 priceless goals at Newcastle in 2nd last game last season otherwise there'd have been no title.

This among several other big performances, but agree in Europe he like the rest of the squad has been poor

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
I agree Baggio - he has been sensational at times domestically. When he has a good day in the premier league he can be devastating, but the step up to Champions league level from the English league is absolutely massive.

He has failed deliver anything at all at the higher level for Man City and this is because he just doesn't have the hunger for it at all. This story about him wanting a new contract {whether it is accurate or not} is not surprising at all for the player in question sadly.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 3:31pm
Yeah it doesn't surprise me either.

To be honest i'm just waiting for the day the likes of Aguero or Silva say they want to go to Real Madrid or something. No story like this would surprise me any more in football and especially with foreign players playing in England. These lads have no ties or allegiances to any clubs and are out to make as much money as they can - we've seen it so much in recent years it shouldn't surprise any of us. Drogba playing in China like, wat the f**ks that all about?
Suppose there are one or two like Kompany or Zabaleta who it would surprise me a bit if they did this sort of thing, but those type of players are becoming less common in the game.

Im waffling a bit here i do realise!
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah it doesn't surprise me either.

To be honest i'm just waiting for the day the likes of Aguero or Silva say they want to go to Real Madrid or something. No story like this would surprise me any more in football and especially with foreign players playing in England. These lads have no ties or allegiances to any clubs and are out to make as much money as they can - we've seen it so much in recent years it shouldn't surprise any of us. Drogba playing in China like, wat the f**ks that all about?

Suppose there are one or two like Kompany or Zabaleta who it would surprise me a bit if they did this sort of thing, but those type of players are becoming less common in the game.

Im waffling a bit here i do realise!

In fairness to Drogba, he has done a ridiculous amount of charity work in the Ivory Coast. I remember reading an article before the African Nations Cup a few years ago that said Drogba had singlehandedly rebuilt a town in the Ivory Coast. A school, hospital & other amenities were built from scratch by Drogba. Last year he was completely honest about finding a new club. He said he had 1 maybe 2 years left & wanted a mega pay deal to set himself up for life. In fairness I liked Drogba after reading the article & like I said, at least he was 100% honest.

Players like Toure just make me hate football. Assou Ekotto is another player I hate, didn't he come out a few years ago & say he hated football & he's only in it for money?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 4:20pm
Drogba Clap
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 12:14pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 3:11pm
Some of the posts in this thread LOL

Very sad news for the Toure family. I wonder will they play on.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by zoolander zoolander wrote:

Absolutely scandalous. I don't understand why City don't use their money to try and sign the very best players out there. Whats the point in this signing? He's hardly a world beater.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 3:42pm
LOL

I think Zoolander should stick to the fashion
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic