Yaya Toure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yaya Toure
    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:36am

Davids - I was referring to his claims at Euro96 when he was sent home after accusing Hiddink of being racist.

Evra - again for his behaviour in South Africa, nothing to do with Suarez.

Adebayor and Balotelli are both just kunts.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

No need to even print the above Baggio.

Whitey having to defend himself against false (racist) claims from chip on the shoulder millionaire black footballer - Davids, Evra, Adebayor, Balotelli, Yaya and on and on

Wow, Davids claim was backed up by another person at that board meeting. Cruyff said the only reason he was there was because he was black. Davids came out and said Cruyff isn't a racist person and it was an unfortunate remark.

While I hate Evra, it was still proven what Suarez said to him.

Spurs fans singing chants about Adebayor's dad washing elephants could definitely be perceived as racist especially if you were on the receiving end.

Balotelli was on the receiving end of lots of vile racist abuse in Italy, look at the banner his own fans held up a few weeks ago, "My captain has Italian blood" responding to the rumours of Mancini making him his vice captain.

That comment is up there with the most racist I've seen on this site.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:13am
No need to even print the above Baggio.

Whitey having to defend himself against false (racist) claims from chip on the shoulder millionaire black footballer - Davids, Evra, Adebayor, Balotelli, Yaya and on and on
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:51am
Kompany on Yaya Comments : "I've never heard that much rubbish in my life."
Kevin De Bruyne on Yaya's claims: “I never saw something, it would be weird if the trainer was racist - with all the black guys in our team. So, I don’t know what Yaya said or if it’s wrongly written or exaggerated. When you don’t play there’s always something you try to find."
"We had the best season ever, so in the end the coach took the right decision to play with the team who played a lot. So, this year the trainer probably thought he [Yaya] wasn’t doing enough, wasn’t fit enough. I’ve never seen something racist at the club, ever."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:43pm
It looks like ego and the modern day willingness to resort to claiming prejudice for outcomes which could be explained in many different ways.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
Haven't actually read the full interview. Will search for it now on google.
The whole thing stinks of a total lack of class from Toure and his agent. He was lucky to get a one year contract extension this time last year, I'd have let him go then. He was happy to sign that contract then and work for another year under the evil racist Guardiola.
He then had a good send off from everyone, making statements like he'll be back at City one day, and then a few weeks later comes out with these crazy claims. You'd have to wonder what goes through his head. What's he hoping to achieve?

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:22pm
If you read the interview and scroll over the Toure throwing out the toys bits he makes some interesting points. 

His agent is hilarious, £1 salary Clapand  a £1million appearance fee per game 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:08am
2 absolute eejits (Toure and his agent)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:40am
More from the crazy agent now:

Dimitri Seluk (ag. Yaya Touré) to Sport24: "God sees everything. As a man who acted with Yaya, a legend of the club, which under different pretexts did not give the opportunity to go on the pitch ... Pep turned Africa against himself, many African fans turned away from City."
Seluk: "And I’m sure that many African shamans in the future will not allow Guardiola to win the Champions League. This will be for Guardiola an African curse. Life will show whether I am right or not."
Seluk: "Nothing good can be said about the human qualities of Pep Guardiola. You can start with the fact that he came to Manchester City in a nasty way. The transfer was announced at a time when Pellegrini was still at the helm of the team."
Seluk: "If you assign my grandmother to Bayern Munich, the team will still become the champions! There's a consistency with Guardiola's choice: go to clubs with a huge budget, which without him become champions all the time."
Seluk: "Yaya has many offers from different countries, ready to pay a lot of money, but we decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. And to prove and show the fans of City that Yaya is not finished. He is full of energy and wants to play next season in England."
Seluk: "At a time when big sums are being paid, I officially declare that Yaya is ready to move as a free agent to any English club in the top six with a salary of £1 pound a week. But with a bonus system based on certain successes."

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:48am
I'm generally not a fan of the use of the term "race card", but in this case it seems entirely appropriate.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:44am
If those quotes are true, then he doesn't just say that Pep has a problem with African players. He brings race into it as well with this line:
"It got to the point I asked myself if it was because of my colour"

Terrible claims to make from a man who's been part of kicking racism out of football campaigns, playing the racism card on a manager who didn't play him much as he was done.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Jun 2018 at 8:45am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:43am
Is it because Im black ?
No Yaya, it's because you're a kunt.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:39pm
I think its a very ill advised thing to say, and at very least it shows he is very quick to judge a situation without looking at it in the round.  Last month, Phil Foden became the youngest player in PL history to receive a winners medal. De Bruyne is the finest player in the Premier League at the moment. Gundogen played 40 times this year across all competitions. David Silva, an elder statesman, also played 40 times and is on his way to another world cup, in a hotly competitive Spain team. City paid £50 for Bernardo Silva, who has been a revelation. City are full of top midfielders, who have achieved significantly in their relatively short careers.

Yaya is an incredibly decorated player, and at one time he was probably the best in the Premier League. But now he is older, and has been replaced. It happens as teams strive to keep at the top of the game. Players like Lampard, Terry etc were all fans favourites, but eventually the time was right for them to move. Undoubtedly, he could join the revolution at Wolverhampton Wanderers, or he could rejoin Pelligrini at West Ham, or a club like Chelsea, Manchester United or Arsenal may see him as worthy of a one year contract. But Pep has decided that he has come to the end of the line with City, and with his contract concluding there is a natural break in the relationship. As such, it makes this a particularly cheap shot at Pep.

If Toure has evidence, he should shed light on it. But its easy to make comments like that when you're on the way out the door, and I think it has only made Toure look bad.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:11pm
Cheers lads Thumbs Up

I'd assume this is hugely damaging on Toure himself if he ever decided to go into management, punditry/tv work for the EPL/CL games as any potential employer would see him as toxic?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:40pm
Exactly. Toure's words are being widely dismissed already. There's little to gain from prolonging attention on it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He's throwing the 'anti-black bias' angle out there but is it a case given the stature of both of them at the club, could it be a case that he'd be advised not to take legal action or that it's not going to result in personal damages anyway given the absurdity of Toure's accusation? 

Why should Toure be allowed to get away with those potentially damaging comments? What if a black player who played under Pep previously (now playing with another) club did the same?  

Toure is a player who has been told that his services at Manchester City are no longer required. Pep might value this in the same way as an employer might if a ex-employee started tweeting negative words. He may also feel like he doesn’t want to promote something which may result in people drawing conclusions or claiming a lack of smoke without fire.

Pep could take a case. What Toure said would be actionable. But Pep may just not want to pursue something like this which would be time consuming, and might be better spent focusing on retaining the PL. The fact that most people on social media appear to be siding with Pep is indicative of the force of Toure’s words

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In legal terms? 

I would assume there's a difference between you publicly accusing someone of being a racist then accusing them of having a bias against 'African players'. It's more an ambiguous term then simply using 'Black players' as Africa is a continent and white people come from there too. Would a judge take into consideration an implication of the term African player as a description for black players? Everybody knows what Toure is implying, just wondering if the implication is enough for  legal action by Pep?

The context of the statement would be taken into account, but I think the fact that he alleges that Pep had problems with a specific demographic, regardless of the colour of the skin would be defamatory anyway. It would be a very hard case to defend successfully. But I’d be amazed if Pep would be interested.

He's throwing the 'anti-black bias' angle out there but is it a case given the stature of both of them at the club, could it be a case that he'd be advised not to take legal action or that it's not going to result in personal damages anyway given the absurdity of Toure's accusation? 

Why should Toure be allowed to get away with those potentially damaging comments? What if a black player who played under Pep previously (now playing with another) club did the same?  

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm

In legal terms? 

I would assume there's a difference between you publicly accusing someone of being a racist then accusing them of having a bias against 'African players'. It's more an ambiguous term then simply using 'Black players' as Africa is a continent and white people come from there too. Would a judge take into consideration an implication of the term African player as a description for black players? Everybody knows what Toure is implying, just wondering if the implication is enough for  legal action by Pep?

The context of the statement would be taken into account, but I think the fact that he alleges that Pep had problems with a specific demographic, regardless of the colour of the skin would be defamatory anyway. It would be a very hard case to defend successfully. But I’d be amazed if Pep would be interested.

Edited by Het-field - 04 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic