You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

@9 Fingers have an oil leak in enging (head gasket fooked me thinks) not going to bother paying mad money for the fix as car is 2000 but missus loves it,(only uses it for short hops) whats the fluid you can put in it to temporary fix leak and how often can it be done ?
\\

its called steel seal. comes in a bottle.. although i wouldnt be relying on it atall
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

@9 Fingers have an oil leak in enging (head gasket fooked me thinks) not going to bother paying mad money for the fix as car is 2000 but missus loves it,(only uses it for short hops) whats the fluid you can put in it to temporary fix leak and how often can it be done ?
\\

its called steel seal. comes in a bottle.. although i wouldnt be relying on it atall
Would it not get me out of a hole for a couple of months Daboi or would i be just wasting money ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

@9fingers

Need to get the timing belt done on my 06 a4. What sort of coin would ya be talking for parts/labour?

€400+
Cheers
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 9:33pm
McG any decent scrapyard will sell alloys in sets at good prices. Add Decent new rubber and you'll be laughin

Daithi Id be amazed if head gasket was cause. Get it checked and priced up and then decide.
If your looking to try it yourself, I wouldn't go with the stuff Daboi mentioned as althpugh it can work it can also do more harm than good, try Lucas Leak stop oil additive, less chance of complications and is nice and handy to use

HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:30pm
Lucas stop oil leak has worked for me in the past, cheap and easy to use but follow the simple directions.
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:30pm

McG any decent scrapyard will sell alloys in sets at good prices. Add Decent new rubber and you'll be laughin

Daithi Id be amazed if head gasket was cause. Get it checked and priced up and then decide.
If your looking to try it yourself, I wouldn't go with the stuff Daboi mentioned as althpugh it can work it can also do more harm than good, try Lucas Leak stop oil additive, less chance of complications and is nice and handy to use

Sound man 9F thanks for that, just another thing the temp needle wont budge from the bottom of the gauge could that be another sympthon it was overheating but topped up rad and res bottle but gauge dont work now (sorry for been a pain)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:15pm

Sound man 9F thanks for that, just another thing the temp needle wont budge from the bottom of the gauge could that be another sympthon it was overheating but topped up rad and res bottle but gauge dont work now (sorry for been a pain)

Get it checked out Daithi 👍 could be loads of different things, I don't wanna send you down the wrong route
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 12:00am

Get it checked out Daithi 👍 could be loads of different things, I don't wanna send you down the wrong route
Thumbs Up
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 3:59pm
9F, the steering wheel begins to vibrate when I go to about 110/120 KPH.
Doesn't happen at slower speeds.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by ParkLife ParkLife wrote:

Any ideas?
Cheers.

get your wheels balanced

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Jan 2015 at 4:03pm
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:09pm
Will that sort it? That simple?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:11pm

Will that sort it? That simple?
It would usually unless there's another issue but I'm sure 9F will advise that first and then if it continues there's another issue. Just going from experience as opposed to mechanical wisdom
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Any ideas?
Cheers.

get your wheels balanced

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Any ideas?
Cheers.

get your wheels balanced

Cool
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:52pm
ShamAutos.ie👏👏👏
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:59pm
Had the same thing before, M50 100km the thing started to shake. Balancing the wheels did the trick, 5 Euro!
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Lucas stop oil leak has worked for me in the past, cheap and easy to use but follow the simple directions.
Ye must of confused it with Cooking Oil LOL
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:10pm
I remember my fas instructor ran his old car on cooking oil for the laugh, said it was like going around in a chipper van LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic