You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 1:47am
If its the wheel they should have seen it when it was been balanced. It must of been out a lot and they should of checked the rim if there was any damage.
Bring it back and tell them your still getting punctures, if it was the same place you purchased the other tyres i cant imagine they will charge you again and if it turns out to be the wheel ask them for a refund for the previous tyre you purchased.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:09pm
Ok goys..
1. Rattle out of front suspension when ye go over speed bumps,even when very slow,has me worried ?
2. She takes a while to warm up in mornings. Will cut out a few times. Will a service sort this?
3. Gear box very stiff in the mornings. Have to force it into gear until she warms up,then she's grand. Any ideas ?

All smart arses can FRO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Ok goys..
1. Rattle out of front suspension when ye go over speed bumps,even when very slow,has me worried ?
2. She takes a while to warm up in mornings. Will cut out a few times. Will a service sort this?
3. Gear box very stiff in the mornings. Have to force it into gear until she warms up,then she's grand. Any ideas ?

All smart arses can FRO

Jesus the joys of Renault Motoring
1. Probably an anti roll bar link or ball joint gone (ball joint being more common, link being cheaper)
2. Check coolant level, top up if necessary but get it checked regardless.
3. Get it checked

2&3 are potentially serious issues, delaying getting it checked could result in more expense
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:23pm
Sound pal,think the coolant is low alright.
The ball joint yokey? Much labour in that?
There's a new service garage opened near me,gonna throw it in there. But don't want them to screw me so will try to let on I know my stuff!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:26pm

Sound pal,think the coolant is low alright.
The ball joint yokey? Much labour in that?
There's a new service garage opened near me,gonna throw it in there. But don't want them to screw me so will try to let on I know my stuff!

Just get them to diagnose the faults and get a quote for fixing them.
2&3 are the priority here, a worn ball joint can be put on the long finger till you get it running right. No point having decent suspension when it won't go anywhere
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:44pm
9F, looking to come up a few years with another Mondeo. 08/09. You still recommend them as a car?

Current 05 one has given very little trouble and is really efficient so happy to stick with Ford. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

9F, looking to come up a few years with another Mondeo. 08/09. You still recommend them as a car?

Current 05 one has given very little trouble and is really efficient so happy to stick with Ford. 

The newer model Mondeo is a step up from the 05 you have. I'd recommend the 1.8 diesel. Remember when buying that the tax system changed on July 1 2008 so the vehicle must be registered after this date to avail of the lower road tax.
Toyota Avensis, Mazda 6 and Honda Accord are all good cars too
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:09pm
Have a 10 mondeo 1.8tdi good car, if over 140k on the clock check if the fly wheel and clutch have been replaced. Common but expensive item to be replaced.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The newer model Mondeo is a step up from the 05 you have. I'd recommend the 1.8 diesel. Remember when buying that the tax system changed on July 1 2008 so the vehicle must be registered after this date to avail of the lower road tax.
Toyota Avensis, Mazda 6 and Honda Accord are all good cars too

Spot on. Looking at Honda Accord and Mazda 6 also.

Cheers for the reminder re tax as was under the assumption that all 08's had the lower price threshold and then spotted an 08 one for higher tax.

Cheers Thumbs Up
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Have a 10 mondeo 1.8tdi good car, if over 140k on the clock check if the fly wheel and clutch have been replaced. Common but expensive item to be replaced.

Thumbs Up
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 5:45pm
Nice litre of engine coolant inserted into Reno
No need for mechanic now
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 5:49pm

No need for mechanic now

Did Jean mind?
Mark on the coolant bottle where the level is now and check it again in 5/6 days time to see has it dropped
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:08pm

No need for mechanic now

Did Jean mind?
Mark on the coolant bottle where the level is now and check it again in 5/6 days time to see has it dropped
full to the brim
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:13pm

No need for mechanic now

Did Jean mind?
full to the brim

jaysus
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:19pm
@9fingers
Need to get the timing belt done on my 06 a4. What sort of coin would ya be talking for parts/labour?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

@9fingers

Need to get the timing belt done on my 06 a4. What sort of coin would ya be talking for parts/labour?

€400+
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:05pm
@9 Fingers have an oil leak in enging (head gasket fooked me thinks) not going to bother paying mad money for the fix as car is 2000 but missus loves it,(only uses it for short hops) whats the fluid you can put in it to temporary fix leak and how often can it be done ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:13pm
9F while we are at it, best place for alloys? Not shiney boy racer type. Mondeo after all.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic