FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUmbro ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umbro ad
    Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 11:11am
I see Umbro have finally moved with the times. Over here in Canada we have been subjected to their BRING IT ON campaign with film of England goals but since Croatia scored more goals then they actually show they have now replaced it with a BRING IT ON ad which features street players. I mean they couldn't actually run a BRING IT ON campaign with the English team sitting at home watching the best of europe slogging it out in Euro 2008, could they? And on top of that it has now been confirmed that if Spain are banned they still won't get in as Norn Iron will.
ENGLAND DROPPED LIKE A HOT SNOT!Big%20smile BRING IT ON!
There are friendlier places to drink.
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 12:35pm

Ah now Donal..........we're all friends now aren't we?Ermm

I echo your sentiments 100% when it comes to sport and that lot across the pond.........Censored
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 6:36pm
I disagree with those sentiments Donal. After all, didnt they give the game to the rest of the world.....Wink.........kiddin ya me oul skin....
* I hope they never, ever, ever qualify for any more tournaments. And that includes all the way down to under 12.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 2:06am
i cannot agree bunter , the best part of any tournament is seeing them knocked out !! England for all tournaments ! ( unless in the group with us )
its not like they are ever going to win one , no chance!!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 8:44am
Don't know about you lads but I am quite looking forward to an England-free Euro 2008. The fact is that they came might close to really upsetting me, especially, in the last few finals. Had they not been knocked out when they were there was nobody really to stop them. I remember once seeing an interview with Billy Bremner who still looked back at England winning the World Cup as his worst time in futba. He even remarked that when the German's scored a late equaliser in the 1966 final, that German player was named Scottish player of the year!
No, I'm in the "don't qualify for anything" camp as regards England. When you have to put up with the s**t involved with all that (especially over here), its best if they are staying at home, with their slippers and a cup of tea, enjoying a tournament instead of complaining about everyone else.
Enjoy the finalsBig%20smile
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 9:38am
its a bit the lesser for me seeing they are not in . love seeing them go out preferably on penos
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 10:43am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

its a bit the lesser for me seeing they are not in . love seeing them go out preferably on penos

Peno's or the Hand of God. Jaysus, all we hear about is cheeting Ronaldo and especially Maradona. As my friend said he'd kiss Ian Paisley if the DUP kingpin scored against them. Nothing about Peter Robinson but give it time.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 2:48pm
While it's great to see them losing on penos in finals, USA 94 was all the better for their absence cos we weren't worried about their hooligan mob wrecking bars and starting riots, unlike Euro 88and Italia 90 where we were always on alert and in some cases had to run away for our own safety. 

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 27 Feb 2008 at 2:48pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic