You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rue Bobby Sands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rue Bobby Sands
    Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Landon, you don't strike me as a man who would go to prison or take personal risks for your beliefs. Unless they change the bus timetable or something

Once RTID takes his Shamrock blinkers off, he is a top, top poster!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:24pm
The only way a bus timetable change would affect Landon would be if it meant more buses on the road during his commute in his Jaguar.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 2:04pm

Landon, you don't strike me as a man who would go to prison or take personal risks for your beliefs. Unless they change the bus timetable or something

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:28pm

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:36pm

Well I was going to add something along those lines but you know how aggressive people get when you speak ill of the rah LOL

Edited by Landon Donovan - 16 Jun 2014 at 12:37pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:35pm

LOLLOL
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:30pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 11:36am
I had a read up on the sh*t smearing last night. They smeared it on the walls because if they left it in a pile it would have stayed smellier for longer. Whilst if they smeared it on the wall, it would dry out and lose the smell quicker.

I probably would have just taken the beating myself
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:39am
Tb, there is simply no way you don't know the difference between criminals and political prisoners in an Irish context. Even the Brits made and still make that distinction. Why do you think republicans have their own wings in prison, not have to work, get to bring in food etc?
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:21am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

I ask a question tonight that may relate to republician ideology and the aggressive responses that it got did not surprise me.

I am *not* a republican by any stretch but to call IRA prisoners "criminals" displays either a lack of even basic knowledge or a deliberate desire to provoke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulsterisation

Quote: "'Criminalisation' was meant to avoid any acknowledgement of political
motivation and nature of the conflict and was partly motivated to change
perceptions of the conflict from a colonial war to that of a campaign
against criminal gangs."

It was a well known tactic and I can't help but think your description of the hunger strikers as criminals rather than prisoners or another appellation was deliberate. You can correct me if your innocence was genuine but I have a feeling it was not.
I can assure you my intentions are genuine

Thumbs Up

No problem. It's probably best to call them prisoners hence forth though, rather than criminals.

My knowledge of the area is relatively limited and I won't get into the substantive details of it because I don't know the answer to your original question but I just thought the use of the word criminals wasn't the best choice.

I appreciate your response and in the very non belligerent way that you have dealt with my post.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:14am

I ask a question tonight that may relate to republician ideology and the aggressive responses that it got did not surprise me.

I am *not* a republican by any stretch but to call IRA prisoners "criminals" displays either a lack of even basic knowledge or a deliberate desire to provoke.

against criminal gangs."

It was a well known tactic and I can't help but think your description of the hunger strikers as criminals rather than prisoners or another appellation was deliberate. You can correct me if your innocence was genuine but I have a feeling it was not.

Thumbs Up

No problem. It's probably best to call them prisoners hence forth though, rather than criminals.

My knowledge of the area is relatively limited and I won't get into the substantive details of it because I don't know the answer to your original question but I just thought the use of the word criminals wasn't the best choice.

StephenHendrick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenHendrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:01am
I will die for my country but I will not sleep in a small cell with the smell of sh*t wafting all over the place, not even Georgia Salpa's.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:58am

against criminal gangs."

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Sweet merciful f**k! I really hope you are sterile
LOL
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:54am
Sweet merciful f**k! I really hope you are sterile
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

You don't know your nation's history, yet feel suitably well versed to preach about it! Ignorance is bliss
I'm just asking ye in the know of what I'm asking without ill will!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:52am

Quote: "'Criminalisation' was meant to avoid any acknowledgement of political motivation and nature of the conflict and was partly motivated to change perceptions of the conflict from a colonial war to that of a campaign against criminal gangs."

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 12:46am
You don't know your nation's history, yet feel suitably well versed to preach about it! Ignorance is bliss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic