You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brian Kerr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 24>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:54pm
Maybe he can advise the senior team about qualification for a tournamen...
Or about how to handle the pressures of a play-of...
Or maybe about beating higher ranked opposition in a qualifie...
Ok, he can tell them about his competitive wins  against teams in the top eighty in the worl....
At the very least he'll be able to talk about working as a newspaper journalist, radio co-commentator, and studio analyst for the better part of a decade
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Ok, he can tell them about his competitive wins  against teams in the top eighty in the worl....
At the very least he'll be able to talk about working as a newspaper journalist, radio co-commentator, and studio analyst for the better part of a decade
Analyst is stretching it a bit.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm

By that reasoning, he should immediately be put in charge of the u16 and u18 teams.
El Puto Amo
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:17pm

So what you are really trying to say is he be better off posting on here LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Employing a guy in 2020 based on achievements dating back to the mid to late 1990s? That's just not progressive. It smacks of a PR move, getting a  popular media figure and long-standing critic back inside the tent. Yet more short-termism. Why not employ a younger coach with a few fresher ideas with a view to possible future succession? It seems Kenny, itself a cynical PR-driven appointment, was a one-off.

He might not be employed as a coach. Don't forget that we had a structure operating here that ensured that the junior councils and other FAI goons propped up a corrupt regime in exchange for blazers, access to match tickets and foreign junkets. BK was treated horrendously for speaking out. If he wanted to come in and clear out the last of the old guard, I would be delighted to see it happen. He could start with Fran Gavin. 

I see RTE have taken down the video of Kerr ripping Gavin out of it on Soccer Republic. 

An oversight role I could live with. Kerr is a good guy, knowledgeable and genuinely has Irish footballs's best interests at heart. You're right to point that a full cleaning out of the Augean stables is what's called for. The removal of a few figureheads at the top isn't enough.

Ah, Homer - very apposite.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
LOL
Jebediah Springfield View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 9:28pm
Who will call fat players ‘barrellers’ on live tv now?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Lads give the Off The Ball Roadshow with Brian Kerr & Meyler a watch. It's on youtube now but I can't send a link from the work PC. 

He talks about his time managing Ireland when we played Brazil and his description of Cafu and Carlos  "were lashing up and down the wing, my jaysus like two blokes on motorbikes" LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:42pm
LOL Kerr is always a quality interview 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Lads give the Off The Ball Roadshow with Brian Kerr & Meyler a watch. It's on youtube now but I can't send a link from the work PC. 

He talks about his time managing Ireland when we played Brazil and his description of Cafu and Carlos  "were lashing up and down the wing, my jaysus like two blokes on motorbikes" LOL

Typical Brian quote.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
They were wojus that day
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
just watching Kerr's kids, a doc about Kerr's run as youth manager. A great watch
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:59pm

Show about him on Virgin. Good interview. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Sane as the Champagne Football one.

Would have preferred a documentary although it is still a good watch.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He was unlicky with Ireland. Overly conservative and the pressure got to him. He had a very decent squad. 

Edited by avfc - 02 Dec 2020 at 11:28pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He was unlicky with Ireland. Overly conservative and the pressure got to him. He had a very decent squad. 

I don't think it was bad luck. Agree with the rest of your statement. It was the conservatism and trying to 'educate' the players that was the problem. He had a really strong squad. 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:34pm
The two games versus Israel f***ed him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 24>
  Share Topic