You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason McAteer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jason McAteer
    Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:50pm
Has just said on SSN that he has put his cv in for the Ireland U21 post.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:02pm
Nice bloke, not sure of his managerial credentials though. But someone like him or Aldridge and his ilk is the way forward I reckon.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

Nice bloke, not sure of his managerial credentials though. But someone like him or Aldridge and his ilk is the way forward I reckon.
but someone like him or Aldridge

What a scouser ??? Jimmy Tarbuck or Jimmy Corkhill so !
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

but someone like him or Aldridge

What a scouser ??? Jimmy Tarbuck or Jimmy Corkhill so !

Well Cilla Black would be my preference. Or Lily Savage
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:09pm
I reckon they might be as qualified as Don Givens or maybe Jason for that matter ! Top bloke, manager hmmmm doubtful !
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:10pm
To be fair a job at 21 level would be a good learning curve for him. Would be happy enough for someone like him to take over. Too many people thinking we should have coppell or curbishly managing the u 21's! We're not made of money!

I'd compare it to Stuart pearce being the 'engerland 21 coach..don't think he had any prior coachig experience and did a good job..good luck to trigger if he does get it
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
paulc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:56pm
I would like to see aldo or jason get it

I'd compare it to Stuart pearce being the 'engerland 21 coach..don't think he had any prior coachig experience and did a good job..good luck to trigger if he does get it

I have to agree with that
The big man from donegal has set it up...
The nation holds its breath...............yes were there

johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 4:31pm
Stan had no real prior coaching experience when he came in and look how that turned out !!!

Im fairness both Aldo and Jason were legends as players but so was Stan.

Id like a European coach with all the qualifications to get the younger guys used to playing a non-Irish/English style of football, teach composure, concentration and technique at an earlier age. Im not expecting miracles but the U21 situation has needed a serious overhaul for decades, Don Givens and Maurice Setters, Jaysus ! We never get results and constantly under perform against the lesser teams while getting hammered by the better ones.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 4:36pm
In fairness, it couldnt get much worse.

Aldo for me. Out of the management game a while but he'd do a fine job imo and no issues getting players respect Thumbs%20Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

To be fair a job at 21 level would be a good learning curve for him. Would be happy enough for someone like him to take over. Too many people thinking we should have coppell or curbishly managing the u 21's! We're not made of money!

Think he coached elsewhere though, City... something... or other..
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Think he coached elsewhere though, City... something... or other..

Was he helping out with the coaching of Tranmere reserves at one point ?

JM did his coaching badges in Ireland.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 11:53pm
Trigger was with Tranmere alongside Barnes not so long ago and that turned out to be a complete and utter disaster. Not so sure if he should be given the job based on little to no experience whatsoever. The 21s could probably do with an experienced head that would give them some sort of stability.....i couldnt see Jason providing that.

That Dutch lad, the technical director or whatever, surely he should be able to get him someone half decent. Sure he used to go to the 21s training sessions with Don and just sit there and watch. Havent really heard of him doing fook all else...
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:05am
Trigger is a legend hope he gets the job his heart is in the right place

Edited by domo - 26 May 2010 at 5:06am
Shake and Bake
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:15am
we all love trigger.and i do think its important to keep ex players like trigger involved in irish football but ive said in on another thread that the man i would like to see get the 21 jod is steve heighway.
played for ireland which i always think is important.
played at the highest level for liverpool so would have the respect of players from the start.
has a proven history of player development and running an academy at liverpool.
has a good scouting network and profile in the game.
has no baggage that i know off ala don givens with players
could act as the mentor for a trigger,breen,sadlier in the management set up.
would not cost the earth and i hope would like the job.
knows the media game and puts player welfare first.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:15am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

so is mine and so was Don Given's -

sure we might as well give the job to Freewheeler the self proclaimed number one Irish Fan.  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

so is mine and so was Don Given's -

sure we might as well give the job to Freewheeler the self proclaimed number one Irish Fan.  

LOLLOLLOLLOL
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Trigger was with Tranmere alongside Barnes not so long ago and that turned out to be a complete and utter disaster. Not so sure if he should be given the job based on little to no experience whatsoever. The 21s could probably do with an experienced head that would give them some sort of stability.....i couldnt see Jason providing that.

That Dutch lad, the technical director or whatever, surely he should be able to get him someone half decent. Sure he used to go to the 21s training sessions with Don and just sit there and watch. Havent really heard of him doing fook all else...

In all fairness Barnes couldn't manage to get off the dart.
Would like to see Aldo and Trigger get it
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:49am
Aldo is not in the running for it and I spoke to him directly about it.
Triggs defo wants it -

As stated above a young up and coming european coach could help the development of these players.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic