You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 81>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 6:41pm
tbh I’m amazed this fella has got to the level he’s at,40 minutes at best in him.
No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

tbh I’m amazed this fella has got to the level he’s at,40 minutes at best in him.
Anonymous today. Then I hear Kenny talking him up. Makes me wonder.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:30am
You would not have even known Hourihane had played yesterday he had so few touches of the ball. Strange how Kenny was talking him up so much. There's better younger options who need to be blooded.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 11:28am
Whether Kenny has the first clue what he's on about when it comes to the senior national team presumably.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Whether Kenny has the first clue what he's on about when it comes to the senior national team presumably.

It’s Kenny’s job to manage the player. Presumably its more effective motivation to say that Hourihane is a good player rather than a sh*t one
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:15pm
I’d file Hourihane in with Brady in that the two of them might be far more suited going out on the continent Hourihane the same slower tempo possession based. 

Once again Hourihane was playing against a team and who didnt completely concede possession and he got runover doesn’t have the legs at all. 

Hourihane was linked with Turkish teams that compete in Europe/for titles regularly during the summer Besiktas and Trabzonspor I think were the two. 

Much better options for them our players limiting themselves to Championship clubs like that is something that needs to stop in the future. 

Edited by kevin100 - 30 May 2021 at 12:16pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I’d file Hourihane in with Brady in that the two of them might be far more suited going out on the continent Hourihane the same slower tempo possession based. 

Once again Hourihane was playing against a team with legs that had as much/more possession and he got runover doesn’t have the legs at all. 

Hourihane was linked with Turkish teams that compete in Europe/for titles regularly during the summer Besiktas and Trabzonspor I think were the two. 

Much better options for them our players limiting themselves to Championship clubs like that is something that needs to stop in the future. 

I think a lot of Irish players let their wives control where they play their football, which would rule out places like Turkey.

If Hourihane was 20 or 21, then I could see it.

Then there's other Irish footballers of whom I get the impression they are more concerned about what the pints of Guinness are like than what the football culture is like.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Roy Keanesque that “the wife wants to go shopping in London”. 

Of course you do have a valid point. For me there’s absolutely no excuses now with the internet too not a substitute for real life but an able deputy. Nothing stopping these lads moving to continental countries for one original two years even if they have to leave their family temporarily. If they have no family they have no excuse whatsoever.  

Edited by kevin100 - 30 May 2021 at 1:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:28pm
Wanted by Sheffield United and West Brom according to The Athletic.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wanted by Sheffield United and West Brom according to The Athletic.

Strange the Swansea are not in for him as he did ok there on loan 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:17pm
He's on a PL wage. Swansea would have signed him if they had gone up but Sheffield Utd and West Brom are better placed to afford him as both will be in receipt of parachute payments.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:38pm
Captaining Villa against Barrow tonight. Villa 3-0 up.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:43pm

Right up his street that game.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Right up his street that game.

He's a cute Hour.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:30pm

Hourihane 8

The captain for the evening here, and a touch of class throughout. Playing alongside Nakamba in midfield, his passing qualities were on show for all to see. Came deep and collected the ball, and his passing range was superb as played roles in the build up to the first-half goals from Archer and El Ghazi.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:33pm

Hourihane 8

The captain for the evening here, and a touch of class throughout. Playing alongside Nakamba in midfield, his passing qualities were on show for all to see. Came deep and collected the ball, and his passing range was superb as played roles in the build up to the first-half goals from Archer and El Ghazi.

He will hardly play his way back into the Villa fold no? Was thinking would Barnsley be a good spot for him?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:35pm
They were playing f**king Barrow! You cant take anything from that game what so ever.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:39pm
Barrow must be worse than Andorra, because he looked lost against Andorra.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 81>
  Share Topic