You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 81>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:44pm
Browne is off form and plays full back more often than not. Knight is off form and starting this game is a big ask for him based on previous appearances. Molumby is off form and not starting games recently.

Cullen could come in. He seems to be doing well enough in Belgium. Serbia away in a qualifier is a much bigger challenge than friendlies against NZ and Bulgaria though.

I don't think Hourihane has been as bad as people are making out under Kenny, personally.

Bulgaria (a) and Slovakia are some of the best performances under Kenny so far and he started both of those games.

Either way, I don't think switching around players is going to be an elixir for our problems.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm
It will be Hourihane Hendrick and one other, possibly Cullen. Not exciting, but likely 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

It will be Hourihane Hendrick and one other, possibly Cullen. Not exciting, but likely 

With no McGoldrick dropping deep to help out, that midfield will be steam rolled. Pray silence. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

With no McGoldrick dropping deep to help out, that midfield will be steam rolled. Pray silence. 

Might even be Hourihane, Hendrick and Brady. You'd think surely not away to Serbia. But I wouldn't be that surprised.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Might even be Hourihane, Hendrick and Brady. You'd think surely not away to Serbia. But I wouldn't be that surprised.

And that midfield would be annihilated. And Stephen Kenny should be handed his P45 for gross incompetence. (Coming from somebody who has no problem with Kenny staying around to the next Euro qualifying campaign).
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:24pm

Ah surely not, I'd say you are right in that they are all highly likely to start but not as a midfield three. It's either Brady or Hourihane in midfield for me. Wouldn't start Hendrick but can see it happening. Then I'd say Cullen will play as the 6. Would personally like to see Browne start instead of Hendrick. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Ah surely not, I'd say you are right in that they are all highly likely to start but not as a midfield three. It's either Brady or Hourihane in midfield for me. Wouldn't start Hendrick but can see it happening. Then I'd say Cullen will play as the 6. Would personally like to see Browne start instead of Hendrick. 

Cullen is the only number 6 we have available, and thankfully is.one of the few players in form. His inclusion shouldn't even been be up for debate. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm

The midfield going into these games, however way you chop and change it will be uninspired.

The biggest worry for me is that we haven't got a single player, in any position, that is in form that you would say is even OK.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 3:42pm
How has he done since the loan to Swansea?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

How has he done since the loan to Swansea?

Based on goal/assist stats, really well. Very impressive. Unfortunately, it's the same old story with Hourihane, when he's not grabbing headlines he's not doing much else. All round play not great, goes missing far too often and just doesn't do enough for player with a "wand" of a left foot.

You have him in the team in the hope that this match is the one where he conjures up the magic. If not, you're saddled with a passenger unfortunately.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:32pm
called up for Serbia game
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

To play for them? Is he eligible? So confused by the new qualifying rules
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

I feel like I am watching Sky Sports News. 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
just went off injured Confused
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
holding the hamstring or a least upper leg before he went down initially.
 Doesn’t look good
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:24pm
I doubt there's ever been a bigger injury crisis going into a competitive Ireland game. Over half of our first team out injured. I'm pretty sure I could name almost 20 off the top of my head if you want to include players such as Chiedozie Ogbene who could've became good options going into Wednesday.

Kenny's on a hiding to nothing. His bad luck is unprecedented.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:32pm

I doubt there's ever been a bigger injury crisis going into a competitive Ireland game. Over half of our first team out injured. I'm pretty sure I could name almost 20 off the top of my head if you want to include players such as Chiedozie Ogbene who could've became good options going into Wednesday.

Not a shock one of our players was going to get injured. I think the injury that best summed up what you were saying was Joel Bagan flying for Cardiff it being confirmed he was going to make himself available and a few days later of course dislocating his shoulder. 😂
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:36pm

I can't recall an unlucker Ireland manager.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 81>
  Share Topic