You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 81>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Hourihane shouldn't be near the team? 
How did he start in a play off final have a decent Premier League Campaign now a leading force in promotion force 

Because he has a knack for scoring the odd goal from outside the box, when given acres of space against poorer Premier League / Championship sides. He wont get that space against Serbia.

His general play and athleticism is a level or two below what's needed for a team that struggles to maintain possession and create chances.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:03pm

Hourihane shouldn't be near the team? 
How did he start in a play off final have a decent Premier League Campaign now a leading force in promotion force 

Don't make sound like he's been good wexford. He's been scoring goals but for Swansea but performances have been a mixed bag.

I also can't stand the narrative that he was great for villa. He was so good they didn't play him and loaned him out to a lower devision.

Hrs by no means a certainty for the team 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:10pm
Struggles to maintain possession?
In the championship this season he gets disposed 0.1 times per 90 minutes
Knight gets disposed 1.2 times Browne 1.7
Knight has no assists in 20 games 
Hourihane creates more chances has more blocks and clearances than both of them I do understand your point about Serbia being far tougher opponents but there is no evidence that suggests Knight or Molumby or Browne will be able to adapt
He is not a great player but he is probably the best fit midfielder we have 

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:12pm

Hourihane creates more chances has more blocks and clearances than both of them I do understand your point about Serbia being far tougher opponents but there is no evidence that suggests Knight or Molumby or Browne will be able to adapt

Those stats mean nothing for me.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

You said he struggles to maintain possession yet he has only been disposed once in the Championship in 10 games
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Considering he starts virtually every game and goes missing in every one of them, it's odd we don't really cede that many chances.

That suggests he's doing something right.

He has been directly at fault for two goals in Kenny's reign already. He sloppily gave away the ball against both Bulgaria and England which led to goals

I do think he should start at no. 10, we need some hope of scoring a goal
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:17pm

You said he struggles to maintain possession yet he has only been disposed once in the Championship in 10 games

So he has only misplaced one pass in ten games? I find that hard to believe.

He consistently misplaces passes for Ireland.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:21pm
That stat just shows how rarely he gets on the ball in open play to begin with. 

If you never have the ball, you can't give it away. Jeff Hendrick must have great stats in that area as well.

Edited by You Tell Me - 13 Mar 2021 at 3:21pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:22pm

So he has only misplaced one pass in ten games? I find that hard to believe.

He consistently misplaces passes for Ireland.

Struggling to hold onto possession and misplacing passes are completely different but once again Molumby and Browne misplace more passes than Hourihane and Knight has the same amount. For the record my midfield 3 is probably Cullen Hourihane Knight/Hendrick
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That stat just shows how rarely he gets on the ball in open play to begin with. 

If you never have the ball, you can't give it away. Jeff Hendrick must have great stats in that area as well.

Which brings us to the bonkers decision to have both these guys in midfield when you hope to play possession football. It's just a straight up contradiction. You don't have to be Xavi, but at a minimum you actually have to WANT to be on the ball.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:13pm
Molumby and Browne are not afraid to pass forward, Hendrick and Hourihane on the other hand alwasy safe 5 year sideways passes. We will not get anywhere playing them lads in midfield . 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Molumby and Browne are not afraid to pass forward, Hendrick and Hourihane on the other hand alwasy safe 5 year sideways passes. We will not get anywhere playing them lads in midfield . 
Molumby not afraid to pass forward, doesn't have to think about it always on the bench.
Molumby really struggled for Preston early on playing in a role further foward he is not a ball player whatsoever he is a box to box tackler
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:00pm
Acting the bollocks again tonight. 

This one trick pony is going to do us in Belgrade.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Are you even watching that match or are you just assuming that he's the source of all Swansea's ills?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:07pm

Are you even watching that match or are you just assuming that he's the source of all Swansea's ills?

Watching him do fook all. 

Never said he was the source of their ills, but he's not helping.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:20pm

Watching him do fook all. 

Never said he was the source of their ills, but he's not helping.
Hope Kenny has the balls to bomb him and a few other wastes of space out of the squad!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:34pm
Hourihane will be one of the first names in the starting 11. The good goalscoring start with Swansea guarantees it.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hourihane will be one of the first names in the starting 11. The good goalscoring start with Swansea guarantees it.

Absolutely. Even without the goals, he probably still would have started. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 81>
  Share Topic