Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 81>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 7:08pm
Hes been in and out before. Have to see how Barkley gets on. Will he perform.

Edited by doherty - 04 Oct 2020 at 7:09pm
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Dropped for barkley as expected

Tbf that’s basically how I’d use Hourihane. I find against the top 6/8 teams where Villa are chasing the game Hourihane gets completely run over doesn’t have the legs. I wouldn’t have him in the squad against the likes of Liverpool. 

Against the bottom 8/10 teams where Villa a tidy side they tend to get on the ball Hourihane is a huge asset. He should nearly be one of the first names on the team sheet in those games for his set piece delivery and ability on the ball. Villa essentially wouldn’t have stayed up last year without his contribution against bottom 10 teams. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Oct 2020 at 7:18pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:26pm
Cant say that villa look like hourihane is being missed vs Liverpool today 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Just checked the score after reading your comment. Wow. Not many would have predicted that scorelines. I see Villa have now used their three subs so Hourihane won't be an injury risk at least. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Just checked the score after reading your comment. Wow. Not many would have predicted that scorelines. I see Villa have now used their three subs so Hourihane won't be an injury risk at least. 
To be fair. I think smith was probably doing him a favour not throwing him on .
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Dropped for barkley as expected

Tbf that’s basically how I’d use Hourihane. I find against the top 6/8 teams where Villa are chasing the game Hourihane gets completely run over doesn’t have the legs. I wouldn’t have him in the squad against the likes of Liverpool. 

Against the bottom 8/10 teams where Villa a tidy side they tend to get on the ball Hourihane is a huge asset. He should nearly be one of the first names on the team sheet in those games for his set piece delivery and ability on the ball. Villa essentially wouldn’t have stayed up last year without his contribution against bottom 10 teams. 
I'm not doubting your stats, Kevin - Hourihane did his bit in the relegation fight but to say he was their saviour is a stretch. I reckon he has no future at Villa. The Barkley loan will severely impact his game time this season and there's no way he's in their plans beyond it. He's a skilful player but apart from dead-ball situations his impact is minimal and he's always dragged. I would say he was usually the last name on the team sheet. Very useful Championship player with the right club.

Unfortunately this is true. Nobody doubts his deadball ability more often than not, but over the course of a 90-minute game he just doesn't do enough.

Yes he might get you an assist or a goal, but what are you sacrificing by having him in your midfield? For someone who appears so comfortable on the ball, he really doesn't seek out or demand the ball as much as he should. 

Edited by Banjaxed - 05 Oct 2020 at 7:02am
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:47am
he goes missing too often during games especially against better teams.

We need midfielders who get themselves about the park.

Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
Invisible 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:53pm
Been sat on the villa bench for the last 4 games in a row, doesn't look like he's going to leave it anytime soon... doesn't bode well.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:05pm

Been sat on the villa bench for the last 4 games in a row, doesn't look like he's going to leave it anytime soon... doesn't bode well.

Villa are a much better side with their mid. 

He did well for Villa last season but he is a very limited player. 

Not a PL level.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Villa are a much better side with their mid. 

He did well for Villa last season but he is a very limited player. 

Not a PL level.

Or international either to be fair. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 2:34pm
Still no a sniff of game time for Hourihane, he's clearly not fancied by the manager. 

Shane Long got 5 mins which is a least something
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 5:55pm

Still no a sniff of game time for Hourihane, he's clearly not fancied by the manager. 

Shane Long got 5 mins which is a least something

Why would you be surprised?

Villa have spent huge sums of money over the last two summers.

Do you really expect him to be an automatic starter ahead of big names like McGinn, who's been linked with a big money move to United, Brazil international, Luiz, £20m-rated Barkley, Grealish, et al?

We need to be a bit more realistic about where we are as a footballing nation. Hourihane's done extremely well to rise up through all four divisions and get to where he is.

I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season, anyway.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:39pm
Hasnt played a minute of football since the last internationals, last 6 games on the villa bench and counting.

Needs to leave in January by the looks of it. 

I can't think of a reason why he should be included in the starting  line up at the moment. Brady seemed to take most of the set pieces in the last internationals.

Knight, mccarthy, arter, hendrick and browne all getting some time on the pitch at least.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:48am
Alternatively, he could work hard in training and wait for an opportunity and seize it.

What happens if he leaves and he's on the bench at his new club? retire?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Alternatively, he could work hard in training and wait for an opportunity and seize it.

Well he should be working hard in training g already for one, he's had plenty of opportunities to lock down a starting place but has been in and out of the villa first team.

Since the arrival of Barkley hes been a bench warmer, he lacks the pace for the premier league and would most probably be better suited to a championship team. 
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 9:58am

Well he should be working hard in training g already for one, he's had plenty of opportunities to lock down a starting place but has been in and out of the villa first team.

Since the arrival of Barkley hes been a bench warmer, he lacks the pace for the premier league and would most probably be better suited to a championship team. 

He has played lots of games, scored lots of goals, and provided lots of assists for a player who would be better suited to a Championship team.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:29am

He got a good run in the Villa team last year when McGinn was out injured. IMO the two of them are similar enough players so tough to fit both into the starting XI and McGinn is in a much better run of form at the minute.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 81>
  Share Topic