You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 81>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:52pm
Scored again in the cup last night in win over Brighton. Will have to get a start vs Burnley/Norwich before Int break in league action
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Sponsored Links

theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 3:36pm
Decent first half so far against Burnley, hit the post with a free kick and thought he had an assist, but goal was ruled out by VAR
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Decent first half so far against Burnley, hit the post with a free kick and thought he had an assist, but goal was ruled out by VAR
Picked up a decent assist on Villa's second against Norwich today, then won a penalty which Wesley had saved.  Faded in the second half last week, as did the entire team, but Villa are dominating the midfield against Norwich so far...quite encouraging.

EDIT: Great left-footed effort from the top of the "D" for Villa's fourth

Edited by theworm2345 - 05 Oct 2019 at 4:20pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:19pm
Goal for villa
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:19pm
He's a goal machine 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:07pm
Goal, assist and won a peno. Villa have been much better in the 3 games he has started this season. Delighted for him for all the stick he gets.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:16pm
I think that's what people don't appreciate about Hourihane, he's not the sort of midfielder who'll consistently dictate the play, but he comes up with a lot of important moments. That's pretty crucial for average sides like ourselves and Aston Villa.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:56pm
Good player proving himself at this level
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I think that's what people don't appreciate about Hourihane, he's not the sort of midfielder who'll consistently dictate the play, but he comes up with a lot of important moments. That's pretty crucial for average sides like ourselves and Aston Villa.

We need a more dominating player along side him. Hendrick is similar in that he rarely controls things but can have some very good "moments". When the 2 of the play we are too passive in midfield I think 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

At 28 he should be in his prime now. I get the feeling hes not premier league quality. 

Magic wand for set pieces but all round the quality isn't there 

I agree.

f**k me lads - how quick are we to rule fellas out - can I just remind you there have been 4 PL games. Four 

Jesus wept - at least give him the season.

Double bump, lad finished after about 5 games FFS LOL  

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:03pm
Scored, had an assist and won a peno. How come we cannot utilise him like that going forward. Put him in a green jersey and he spends his time chasing shadows like most of our midfielders. So annoying when we see our players performing well for their clubs but look ordinary in the green. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:43pm

At 28 he should be in his prime now. I get the feeling hes not premier league quality. 

I agree.

f**k me lads - how quick are we to rule fellas out - can I just remind you there have been 4 PL games. Four 

Seems that he's a premier league legend now
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:55pm

I agree.

Seems that he's a premier league legend now

Nope, more that your point was moronic. Goal, assist and won the pen. You had him back down in the championship after 5 games. His whole career has been a fight, a chance to prove himself and he has risen to that challenge every time and he will come good again. Lot of this is mentality, we all know he has the quality.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:07am
I was actually judging him on his games in the championship with Villa for thr past couple of years. He has had very good games and games where he was a bystander. 

To be a premier league regular you need to be consistent and I haven't really see him doing that yet.

That being said I hope I'm proved wrong about his consistent performances.

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:46pm
Let’s hope he can repeat this form for us - fingers crossed but won’t hold my breath. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:51pm

I was actually judging him on his games in the championship with Villa for thr past couple of years. He has had very good games and games where he was a bystander. 

To be a premier league regular you need to be consistent and I haven't really see him doing that yet.

That being said I hope I'm proved wrong about his consistent performances.

Do you?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:16pm
Brilliant display at the weekend. Nice timing heading into such a crucial double header.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:11pm
After his goal at the weekend has now scored in the
Premier League/Championship/Division 1 / Division 2/League Cup/ FA Cup/ Internationally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 81>
  Share Topic