Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 81>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

as opposed to a terrible round peg in a round hole?

can we also all agree that 3 at the back needs to be consigned to the annals of history? england creating far more since they ditched it. 

i hear martin oneill contacted doherty to have a rant at him. how very bitter

Bad news for you chief. Assuming Mick gets the job his favoured formation with Ipswich was 5-4-1 without possession transitioning to a 3-5-2 in possession - he did use other formation but the 5-4-1 3-5-2 was most common formation used. He dabbled with 4-4-2 in the cups.

Now as we have seen the 3 at the back that have played recently cannot pass to save themselves. What Mick does to remedy the situation I'm not quite sure (convert Coleman into one of the 3 CB's with Doherty playing RWB?.... drop Duffy and play Clark, Long & Coleman as the 3?). What I do know the three that have been playing there recently have not impressed with their distribution and Mick will need to sort that issue out if he wants to persist with his favoured tactic.  

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Nov 2018 at 11:23am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

it was a cleverer interview than Dohertys. He came across well. Doherty has done himself serious harm with his interview methinks. 

The people criticising Doherty are the exact same people who would have been applauding Roy Keane if he did the same as a player and banging on about honesty and standards. 
I think the problem with Doherty doing it is that he has four caps and hasn't been around the squad that long. It is pretty clear that he had problems with MON, so coming out the day of MON losing his job really doesn't show him in a good light, even if he is 100% correct.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:42am
MON taking the time to call up Doherty and vent at him illustrates the accuracy of Doherty's claims IMO. We all know how sensitive MON is, particularly to accurate criticism; this is just a continuation of that.
We're decent enough..
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:28pm
Is there a link for this phone call?
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:46pm
stand by my criticism of Doherty on this. The day of sacking was not the time for this. I heard John Walters interviewed on talksport the following morning. Alan Brazil asked him about Roy Keanes role and any bad atmosphere due to him. We all know what Johnny would have wanted to say. Instead he played it with a straight bat. The classy thing to do.

Incidentally in the same interview he was pretty positive about Stephen Kenny.....
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:57pm
f**k off. Straight bat me bolix, O’Neill and the langer we’re incompetent and lazy, on 2 mil a year. Good f**king riddance and the players absolutely be calling out these spoofers any chance they get.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 1:00pm
i suspect the senior players might take a different view of the newest guy in the squad  talking about the internal workings of the squad first chance he got.....
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 1:19pm

i suspect the senior players might take a different view of the newest guy in the squad  talking about the internal workings of the squad first chance he got.....

And who are the senior players ? Coleman, Duffy and McClean ? - MON's little NW cabal.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

as opposed to a terrible round peg in a round hole?

can we also all agree that 3 at the back needs to be consigned to the annals of history? england creating far more since they ditched it. 

i hear martin oneill contacted doherty to have a rant at him. how very bitter

Bad news for you chief. Assuming Mick gets the job his favoured formation with Ipswich was 5-4-1 without possession transitioning to a 3-5-2 in possession - he did use other formation but the 5-4-1 3-5-2 was most common formation used. He dabbled with 4-4-2 in the cups.

Now as we have seen the 3 at the back that have played recently cannot pass to save themselves. What Mick does to remedy the situation I'm not quite sure (convert Coleman into one of the 3 CB's with Doherty playing RWB?.... drop Duffy and play Clark, Long & Coleman as the 3?). What I do know the three that have been playing there recently have not impressed with their distribution and Mick will need to sort that issue out if he wants to persist with his favoured tactic.  

I hope Mick has not been scarred by the last few years at Ipswich. They had a melt down towards the back end of last year after a good start. When they played at Millwall earlier last season they won 4-3 they played 4-2-4. Remember mcgoldrick, garner, waghorn and sears up front. They were fast direct and bloody good to watch. Manager and team lost their bottle after a few bad results and the fans turned on them. Their board then gave up and sold their best players

Was a 4-4-2 man for all of his time with us from what i remember save perhaps a friendly or two. 

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm

Doubt it to be honest. Seems like the morale was fairly crap for the past while with the team. And while the likes of McLean would be very much happy with O'Neill do you think he could really argue against what Doherty was saying in that there was no proper coaching?

A new manager in and these things are forgotten quickly 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Doubt it to be honest. Seems like the morale was fairly crap for the past while with the team. And while the likes of McLean would be very much happy with O'Neill do you think he could really argue against what Doherty was saying in that there was no proper coaching?

Sure wasn't McClean bitching on Twitter when Trap wouldn't pick him against Kazakhstan?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Sure wasn't McClean bitching on Twitter when Trap wouldn't pick him against Kazakhstan?

Don't get me started on McClean. There's a guy who is in for a land under a new manager. Impact sub at best.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 9:09am
Nominated for EFL goal of the hear 2018: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11584358/watch-vote-sky-bet-efl-goal-of-the-year-2018
Vote early, vote often
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
It's between McGinn and Neves. I voted for McGinn's myself, wonderful technique.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 1:40pm
Good assist from Conor for the Villa goal game live on sky football now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 1:49pm
Quality goal from Conor 2 0 Villa.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 1:52pm
Good goal, is Bamford injured again ,not even on the bench
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Good goal, is Bamford injured again ,not even on the bench

Bamford is injured but yer man from sky said it wasn't a serious injury though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 81>
  Share Topic