You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 81>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:05pm
Suggesting new formations is futile because it wont happen. 

MON is so stubborn he's probably never changed his pants so it's highly unlikely he'll be changing formations anytime soon.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Suggesting new formations is futile because it wont happen. 

MON is so stubborn he's probably never changed his pants so it's highly unlikely he'll be changing formations anytime soon.

We've changed formations a few times, a 4-3-3 could actually be more defensive than our go-to 4-5-1, depending on which players are picked.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:29pm
Deserves a proper chance in upcoming games. Playing very well
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:41pm
Hourihane done really well for first goal aswel watch him closely . Blocks defender off, very intelligent play to open up space for Adomah.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:59pm
Hourihane certainly isn't a number 10. I just can't see him being effective there. He's played the best football of his career to date at Barnsley, as an orthodox box-to-box midfielder in a 4-4-2. As demonstrated again today, he's a terrific striker of the ball, and we know he's capable of scoring goals, (He's Villa's second-top scorer after Adomah) but most of them come as a result of well-timed runs from deeper positions, or dead balls. 

Aside from Judge and McGoldrick - both around 30 now, and have been in and around the squad for a while - Connor Ronan is the closest we have coming through in terms of a genuine number 10 in the mould of Hoolahan. Highly-rated and with good technical ability, he's in the Portsmouth team and has been entrusted with a free role at the age of 19 by Jackett. It's probably worth taking a look at him in one of the upcoming friendlies.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:52am
I would like to see him get a run out and hopefully cement his place in central midfield. He has 8 goals from midfield this season, him and Hogan have played a good part in Villa's form and both as in form players should be starting next month. A midfield 3 of Meyler in front of the back 4 with Hendrick and Hourihane just ahead would be worth a look.

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Hourihane certainly isn't a number 10. I just can't see him being effective there. He's played the best football of his career to date at Barnsley, as an orthodox box-to-box midfielder in a 4-4-2. As demonstrated again today, he's a terrific striker of the ball, and we know he's capable of scoring goals, (He's Villa's second-top scorer after Adomah) but most of them come as a result of well-timed runs from deeper positions, or dead balls. 

Aside from Judge and McGoldrick - both around 30 now, and have been in and around the squad for a while - Connor Ronan is the closest we have coming through in terms of a genuine number 10 in the mould of Hoolahan. Highly-rated and with good technical ability, he's in the Portsmouth team and has been entrusted with a free role at the age of 19 by Jackett. It's probably worth taking a look at him in one of the upcoming friendlies.

He has one cap and was injured for the best part of the past 18 months so you're wrong there. 

In truth, Judge will be like a new player for O'Neill if he can regain his form before the injuries. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:02pm
A new player that’s 29
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

A new player that’s 29
And I don't think is suited to international football, as much as I hope I am wrong.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:15pm

A new player that’s 29

He's 27 according to wiki 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

A new player that’s 29

He's 27 according to wiki 
yeah, you're right. He seems to have been around forever.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:38pm
Judge is 29, I'm not sure why that's such a big deal to people though, as we could conceivably still get 5-7 good years out of him. It's not unusual, and will become even less so, that guys make their breakthrough at a later age than was traditionally the case.
We're decent enough..
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 4:13pm
More important than the derby win was Conor's success as West Cork's Dreamiest man where he faced some much tougher opposition. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:10pm
Judge was born on 11 November 1988, so he's 29, not 27 - 30 by the year's end.

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He has one cap and was injured for the best part of the past 18 months so you're wrong there. 

In truth, Judge will be like a new player for O'Neill if he can regain his form before the injuries. 

He was first named in a squad in early 2015 - 3 years ago - and while he only has a solitary cap to his name, he has been named in a number of squads.

His leg-break has been well-documented and I don't think passed any of us by. It's just a case of whether can recapture the form he showed himself capable of prior to the injury. He was unlucky not to score at the weekend after coming on as a sub, hitting the post from a free-kick. Played well from the sounds of it.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Feb 2018 at 6:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

More important than the derby win was Conor's success as West Cork's Dreamiest man where he faced some much tougher opposition. 
It means nothing when I wasn't even nominated.
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:43pm
Pipped Ian Bailey to that accolade
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Pipped Ian Bailey to that accolade
Ian Bailey isn't from West Cork, although I would dispute aBandon all hope as West Cork myself.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

It means nothing when I wasn't even nominated.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 81>
  Share Topic