You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 81>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm
Bit of a strange move - moving from a side 8th to a side 13th - I know Villa probably have bigger backers and some think Bruce is going to be their saviour given his record in the division.

But Barnsley have been punching above their weight this season and close to the play offs.

Could have waited till the summer specifically if Barnsley had of got into the play offs could have been in the shop window for PL clubs.

Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:47pm
Villa are 16/1 to get promoted. Barnsley are 66/1 to be promoted.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 9:48pm
I reckon Premiership clubs might have been put off because of his slight build. Could do with putting on a bit more muscle as he is very thin looking.
United man View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote United man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:31pm
He looks slight alright , he's 5' 11 and what I have seen of him doesn't pull out of tackles.His wand of a left foot and his set piece ability makes up for his lack of muscle ,looking to Irish teams in the future very few players will be playing in the premiership because fewer lads are going cross channel nowadays at 15 and 16.Villa have the financial resources to be in the PL in the near future.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Villa are 16/1 to get promoted. Barnsley are 66/1 to be promoted.
Not interested in what the bookies think look at the current league table.

Shows no ambition.

This is a team that haven't won since St. Stephens day and a club that's in disarray and lost most of it's loyal support.

Seriously who is this lads agent?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:39pm
Villa's attendance last season; 33690
Villa's attendance this season; 32830

I take it the 860  were the loyal supporters?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:43pm
Yeah, those bookies know nothing. Bunch of idiots.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You would swear that they pay people money to come up with odds on sporting events based on all possible information.......
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 10:56pm
We all know what's gone on at Villa.
At least Barnsley have got soul look what they did to Leeds recently.
You don't bail when your on the crest of something.

Can you imagine Heckingbottom's reaction?

Villa?? XXXX off then!!

Must have blown a gasket.

Seriously - I don't know. 

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:36pm
This is a good move.

Barnsley are about to sink faster than the Titanic. They have lost Winnall, Bree and Hourihane. Marley Watkins handed in a transfer request. McDonald could be off to Norwich - their CEO quit and they are probably in the bottom 5 clubs in the league in terms of wage expenditure.

Realistically wasn't going to get a move to a PL club (only club who would have gone for him were maybe Burnley before they resigned Barton) - this is a definite step up in level, and if he keeps performing he should be in the Premier League within 2 seasons.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:55pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVLMgl1TaDM&time_continue=131&ebc=ANyPxKqZSoLIeg-O4R84PZjcZtNnzsVfETPHlICaElOxwYpvSOZVTiUQD92lkjT_lKpmW9WaLOYv6TuZpANRoJXUHugTSdM13A

100% the right move for Hourihane, if Villa can get their hands on a goalscorer and their new players settle in quickly, I can see them making a good go of the play offs
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You would swear that they pay people money to come up with odds on sporting events based on all possible information.......

While i think he's made a good move going from Barnsley to Villa, the bookies in this case would be skewed by the fact that Villa just came down to the Championship and are a historically bigger club. If Bristol City for example had the exact same players and were having the exact same season as Villa they'd be a lot longer odds.

Still a good move for Conor.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:06pm
Hourihane wants to play PL football like everyone footballer in the 92 clubs who play in the Football League, moving to Villa won't guarantee this "but" stating the obvious he has a better chance of doing so with Villa than Barnsley.

Also, if you look at the calibre of player at Villa in comparison to Barnsley, he will no doubt improve playing in a team full of internationals.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:55pm
I'm not having that Barnsley gave the world Kes & Mick McCarthy...

What have the English midlands particularly Aston given people?

It's David & Goliath but we all love Northern Soul - Yes?
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:31pm
27th January 2016

Barnsley 13th, played 27, goal difference +2, 36 points

27th January 2017

Aston Villa 13th, played 27, goal difference +1, 36 points

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:16pm
Straight in to the starting XI. Grealish on the bench! :-)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:25pm
Villa are being played off the pitch though.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:29pm
Same old villa
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 81>
  Share Topic