You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 81>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

They were playing f**king Barrow! You cant take anything from that game what so ever.

Barrow god! I didn't even know who they were playing! Regardless hopefully Hourihane can get a Championship move this season!
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

They were playing f**king Barrow! You cant take anything from that game what so ever.

Barrow god! I didn't even know who they were playing! Regardless hopefully Hourihane can get a Championship move this season!

Id rather he not because hes shown time and time again hes just not up to it. If hes not playing regularly Kennys hand will be forced to drop him because he hasn't the stones otherwise to leave out Hourihane, Hendrick, Brady, Arter etc.. they should all be nowhere near the team.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 11:13pm

Id rather he not because hes shown time and time again hes just not up to it. If hes not playing regularly Kennys hand will be forced to drop him because he hasn't the stones otherwise to leave out Hourihane, Hendrick, Brady, Arter etc.. they should all be nowhere near the team.
 Although I don’t think they should be. I get the feeling these 3 games will be pivotal for Kenny going by Hill’s recent comments. Wouldn’t want my job to be dependent on those boys.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Although I don’t think they should be. I get the feeling these 3 games will be pivotal for Kenny going by Hill’s recent comments. Wouldn’t want my job to be dependent on those boys.

Maybe we could replace him with Chris Hughton? Nottingham Forest have lost their last 5 league games and are winless in 10 in the Championship.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:21am
Hourihane is shocking. Nowhere near the squad

Edited by gmfc90 - 25 Aug 2021 at 12:21am
Danger here, OH NO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 5:13am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Kenny's job prospects hang only on his own managerial abilities. He has been set the lowest bar of any Ireland manager in 35 years and he still hasn't managed to meet expectations.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 7:52am
Kenny has a lot more to worry about than the form of Conor Hourihane.

4 points is surely a minimum for him to have a hope of staying on
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Surely we couldn't lose at home to Luxembourg Azerbaijan.
In football anything is possible and under Kenny well yer we could .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

In football anything is possible and under Kenny well yer we could .

The logic that ireland were good 20 years ago and so we must beat a team that we would have beat 20 years ago today is strange.

Looking at the team today, where exactly do you think we rank? Are we better than Wales? 

We'll very likely play hourihane and hendrick in midfield, both of whom haven't played well for ireland yet and a badly struggling at club level.

We'll also likely play Idah and parrott, idah couldn't even start for the Norwich B team yesterday and parrott is playing league one. Both are only just embarking of their careers.

What about the team makes you think we should be Azerbaijan? 

Our hopes are on Robinson who is probably our best non defender at the moment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 9:33am
Murph's right. We never had any bad results until Kenny came along.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:03am
LOLLOL great to see we’re gonna be subjected to the same sh*te every international window 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL great to see we’re gonna be subjected to the same sh*te every international window 
 As always the truth hurts the most .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

As always the truth hurts the most .
Aye, I’m devastated alright 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:38am
we have had flashes of decent play since Kenny came in.
But the vast majority has been very worrying to say the least Luxembourg was low but the first half performance against Andorra was woeful.

The performance against Hungary was improved and as it stands Kenny can pick 10 of those 11 starters next day out.

The worrying thing is we are playing arguably the best team Kenny has come up against the next day out and god knows what they could do to us.

The only thing is Portugal can be up and down hopefully they aren’t at their best.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:16am
It's ultimately a frustrating period in irish football. I agree that the Kenny era has been poor, 

but I also remember that the tail end of the MON/Keane era was also poor, the mccarthy part two era was poor. 

Mccarthy focused on making us 'harder to beat' but let's not pretend we played some good stuff against Gibraltar and Georgia. 

Its a game of results of course, I would agree that if Kenny organised the team to play very defensive and hoped for a set piece or hopeful long ball to steal the game. Then some of the results would have been better.

Edited by Left foot - 25 Aug 2021 at 11:17am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:29am

hello darkness my old friend!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

The performance against Hungary was improved and as it stands Kenny can pick 10 of those 11 starters next day out.

That's interesting, with only Knight being missing.

I'd imagine he could slot Hendrick in there (I know, I know) for his experience or Molumby for his legs.
Neither are playing football tho but they can likely get one game and we can rotate heavily for the other two games.

Personally I'd go with Kilkenny in for Hourihane and Browne the forward of the three but I accept that's a huge reach.

Also, should add, Coleman has to be in if fit.

Edited by Fozz - 25 Aug 2021 at 12:09pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

That's interesting, with only Knight being missing.

I'd imagine he could slot Hendrick in there (I know, I know) for his experience or Molumby for his legs.
Neither are playing football tho but they can likely get one game and we can rotate heavily for the other two games.

Personally I'd go with Kilkenny in for Hourihane and Browne the forward of the three but I accept that's a huge reach.

Also, should add, Coleman has to be in if fit.

Seriously, this word should be blanked out like f**k or ****. It means nothing unless your Shane Duffy, Coleman, Jonathan Walters, etc

Hourihane's experience is immediately undone when he's misplacing passes, not passing at all or going missing for the guts of a game.

We are disadvantaging ourselves by having him on the pitch. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 81>
  Share Topic