You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 81>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The point I was making and I think you failed to see is that when people start calling one person by their first name and the other by their surname it nearly always works out that they are defending the former and criticising the latter and the bias is obvious. 

Hendrick often gets called 'Jeff' even in posts where he's being lambasted, ie most of the time.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 3:48pm
Scores from a free kick. Looking unplayable fir Swansea at the minute.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:01pm
As unconvincing as Conor has been for Ireland at least he'll be going in extremely high in confidence.

It's hard to imagine Kenny not playing him purely based on scoring goals alone. I just hope Kenny plays two midfielders who will allow him the freedom to get into positions in the final third to score the types of goals he does. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:29pm
Hes in a midfield of a team that's getting walked over and losing 4-1.

His set pieces are not in doubt but if the trade off is that your midfield is that light weight, then it makes it more difficult to justify playing him.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:31pm
Brady will pull rank and take the free anyway.

I wouldn't have an issue with him playing against Luxembourg.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

His set pieces are not in doubt but if the trade off is that your midfield is that light weight, then it makes it more difficult to justify playing him.

Agreed. If Hourihane is not going to spend most of his time in an advanced position then the cons massively outweigh the pros.

A lot of heavy lifting has to be done from other players in order to accommodate Hourihane. If his performances were purely based on the information you get from LiveScore then happy days. unfortunately more often than not it's the same old story from Conor, he just doesn't do enough, especially when playing in a team like Ireland that can't afford a player to go missing for any length of time during the match. 

A contradictory statement but he only really seem to score goals. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:51pm
Hourihabe looks like the best chance of an ireland goal at the moment but I feel you'll lose ground in the midfield battles giving the opposition the upper hand in play.

I feel where we are at the moment we have to play him, 

Molumby and Hendrick seem to be struggling for any sort of form.

Mccarthy and Brady can't stay fit for any more than a minute (if we're being honest their form is patchy at best)

Leaving Knight and Cullen...
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:57pm
it’s his first loss with Swansea in the championship ya let’s ignore the positive reviews he is getting by pundits and the fact he has 4 in 5 he is obviously in good form he is playing in an more advanced role with Swansea and with the options we have available to us he should be aswell 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm

Where to begin with this.

Since coming into the team, they have a record of W3 D1 L0 before today. And the draw was a 1-1 against a Brentford side that has been racking up cricket scores against other sides in the division.

They subbed off 5 other players and left him on which suggests the manager doesn't think he's the problem anyway.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

it’s his first loss with Swansea in the championship ya let’s ignore the positive reviews he is getting by pundits and the fact he has 4 in 5 he is obviously in good form he is playing in an more advanced role with Swansea and with the options we have available to us he should be aswell 

Hes in good scoring form no doubt but I've seen hourihane play a lot for villa and ireland and you're not going to dominate a midfield with him in it.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:08pm

Hes in good scoring form no doubt but I've seen hourihane play a lot for villa and ireland and you're not going to dominate a midfield with him in it.
I support Villa and am a season ticket holder with Ireland I’ve seen plenty of him.
Of course he has his weakness but his opposition haven’t stepped up to take him out of the team 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:11pm

I support Villa and am a season ticket holder with Ireland I’ve seen plenty of him.
Of course he has his weakness but his opposition haven’t stepped up to take him out of the team 

Totally agree, if we played tomorrow I'd have hourihane in the starting 11.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Scores from a free kick. Looking unplayable fir Swansea at the minute.

LOLClap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:53pm
Pitches are unplayable, not players.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 8:39pm
Could you play him as a very advanced midfielder off a single striker? Also but not quite a number 10....
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Brady will pull rank and take the free anyway.

I wouldn't have an issue with him playing against Luxembourg.

However flaky Hourihane is, Brady..... Jesus wept
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:03pm
I don't think there are enough people who go back and watch the full 90 minutes again minus the emotion, tension and everything else that distracts during a live Ireland game.

Understandably, watching back 90 minutes of ireland is no easy task, but in the cold light of day it's much easier to see how not very good some of our players have been. 

Watch with an objective eye and from the perspective of how Ireland are now tactically trying to play. it's quite amazing how inept some of our players have been with the basics in regard to our current style. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I don't think there are enough people who go back and watch the full 90 minutes again minus the emotion, tension and everything else that distracts during a live Ireland game.

Understandably, watching back 90 minutes of ireland is no easy task, but in the cold light of day it's much easier to see how not very good some of our players have been. 

Watch with an objective eye and from the perspective of how Ireland are now tactically trying to play. it's quite amazing how inept some of our players have been with the basics in regard to our current style. 

Tbf I was one of Mick Macks biggest critics but I was always adamant that him and O’Neill for all the tactics weren’t pleasing on the eye it wasn’t a cop out for the players not to be able to pass the ball properly when necessary.

Think this is exposing some of them too under Kenny now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 81>
  Share Topic