You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 81>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:30am
McGinn offers a bit more from an attacking perspective and is slightly more mobile. There's not too much between them but McGinn will always be slightly ahead of him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:50am
Hourihane is fast approaching 30 and should be in the prime of his career. He needs to be starting games and finishing them too. 

I dont really see him as a premier league player, I think he could do a great job in the championship. 

His set pieces are a real danger so I don't understand why Brady was taking most of them for ireland.

He'll start for ireland in the next three games but his match fitness has to be a worry.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:20am

McGinn is a really good player and will be hard to dislodge. He's sharper and more dynamic than Hourihane. 
El Puto Amo
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:54pm
McGinn was amazing last night. Unfortunately Hourihane is nowhere near his level, I can see McGinn at a bigger club sooner or later. 
This is what I don't get, Scotland and Wales are producing some good players, and we can't even produce one at the moment.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:57pm
mc ginn is more noticeable in general play, but hourihane consistently outperforms him in terms of goal contributions. different players who offer different things, but certainly there is not a large gap between them overall
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 6:06pm
McGinn is a far better player than Hourihane and also a good few years younger. If that's Hourihane's direct competition he'd be as well to leave in January and get back to his level, which to be fair to him is the Championship. He overachieved in getting as many games as he did last season but he's not a Premier League player long term.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:25pm
See Duffy is getting pelters but thought Conor has been very poor any game he's played so far. Maybe just lacking match sharpness 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

See Duffy is getting pelters but thought Conor has been very poor any game he's played so far. Maybe just lacking match sharpness 

No correct,he’s never performed for us and should never get a cap again.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:31pm
Hes played consistently under Kenny over the last 8 games and he's done nothing. Brady seems to take all the set pieces.

Molumby, knight, hendrick, browne and now Cullen  should all be ahead of him 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:33pm
His cache came from starting at least semi-regularly in the PL, or for a high ranking Championship team, and being able to score a goal. He currently is on the bench at Villa and has been a passenger in the opening games of SK's regime. The only concern is that he may be Kenny's blindspot, and most managers have them.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:35pm
I called hourihanes limitations early doors ..I won’t sl*g off our players because I believe in getting behind the team but what SK sees in Conor that we don’t escapes me....seriously I had to actually check he was still on the pitch at times.....SK doesn’t seem to rate Cullen either Confused
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hes played consistently under Kenny over the last 8 games and he's done nothing. Brady seems to take all the set pieces.

The amount of game time he has received is one aspect that has concerned me about Kenny.

Genuinely would love to hear Kenny's appraisal of Conor and why he has received so much time on the pitch. 

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The amount of game time he has received is one aspect that has concerned me about Kenny.

Genuinely would love to hear Kenny's appraisal of Conor and why he has received so much time on the pitch. 

Just to add to this, Kenny is known for his detailed video analysis and stats breakdown..

Once again, what is he seeing in Conor that everyone else seems to be missing?
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:03am
I'd get over him being invisible but in the 8 games so far there have been two occasions where he has needlessly given the ball away and its resulted in us conceding

Away v Bulgaria  in the first game and England's penalty
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:04am
I was honestly expecting to see Byrne Knight and Cullen starting tonight.  I thought Kenny was an ambitious manager not afraid to try new players or discard the underperformers.

Alarm bells when I saw that team sheet for me I'm afraid.  Pure conservative and a selection made out of fear.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was honestly expecting to see Byrne Knight and Cullen starting tonight.  I thought Kenny was an ambitious manager not afraid to try new players or discard the underperformers.

Alarm bells when I saw that team sheet for me I'm afraid.  Pure conservative and a selection made out of fear.

I think kenny was looking to keep an experienced midfield, which makes sense and is normally a good bet. However we've been saying that hourihane disappears In games far to regularly now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:09am

My concerns too. One thing I thought we were getting under Kenny was that lack of convervatism and having no fear. Not starting Byrne, then waiting so long to introduce him when it was obvious things needed changing has me worried.

Incidentally, would he even come in if Brady hadn't got injured?
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:12am

spot on, he absolutely bottled it. How can you justify starting Brady and Hourihane time after time when they offer nothing. His interview after wouldn't fill you with confidence either
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 81>
  Share Topic