You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 81>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:25pm
So I would imagine from an irish perspective we'll be more interested in the villa vs Sheffield game later today.

Would be good to see hourihane back in the starting 11, 
Any news on Clarke? 

Stevens, Egan and mcgoldrick should start.

Should be some good irish representation here.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:26pm
Who is Clarke?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Who is Clarke?

I ballsed that up McG. Forgot Clark moved to Newcastle a million years ago 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Who is Clarke?

I ballsed that up McG. Forgot Clark moved to Newcastle a million years ago 

Wasnt being smart either. I went onto both clubs wiki pages looking for a Clarke that i thought had escaped my memory Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm
We do have a "Jack Clarke" at Villa, I think he's been called up to our U-21's? Wouldn't expect him to see any game time before the seasons out though.
We're decent enough..
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:39am
Didn't see the game yesterday evening. How did he do?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Didn't see the game yesterday evening. How did he do?

Villa were a much better team in a relatively poor match. Hourihane made a few good strong tackles and a involved but without really shining.

Grealish was still one of the better players on the pitch 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:04am
Had his moments. Was a tame enough game overall, not much to write home about from either side.
We're decent enough..
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Had his moments. Was a tame enough game overall, not much to write home about from either side.

That's generous. It was one of the worst games of football I've ever watched.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
Didn't think the match was that bad. 

Thought Hourihane started well and was involved a good bit but he seems to drift out of games after an hour or so. I know he wouldn't be 100% match fit but I've noticed that before in his game.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

That's generous. It was one of the worst games of football I've ever watched.

You must not watch many Ireland games then.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:07pm
I thought Hourihane was one of the better players. John Egan looked rusty, Enda Stevens good enough but not 100% sharp yet, David McGoldrick not on very long but improved them and showed some fine touches. Early days, they'll all get better as the games come thick and fast.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 6:07pm
Egan is quite slow, he always looks a little uncomfortable against fast and powerful strikers like Davis. On the whole I thought he did alright though, looked a little last ditch at times but he got the job done.
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 12:46am
Useful contribution and assist for Villa the other day against Palace. We need more of this from Conor in a green shirt. Apart from the odd classy free kick he has largely spent his international career as a passenger but he has more creative potential in his locker at least than any alternative and could be a key player for us next couple of years or so if Kenny can get the best out of him. Will be interesting to see anyway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 10:38pm
Another delivery leading to a goal from Hourihane today. He might not be the most involved in general play, but he consistently makes big contributions.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 11:01pm
That would be a big positive for Ireland Conor playing EPL football next season.

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Jul 2020 at 8:17am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 11:02pm
If we're going to score against Slovakia and Bosnia its liable to come from Hourihane pinging in a corner or free kick. That alone should ensure his place in the starting line up
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 11:02pm

Another delivery leading to a goal from Hourihane today. He might not be the most involved in general play, but he consistently makes big contributions.

Defo. Villa are a better side with him due to his delivery, free kicks etc. Could be a better player for us under Kenny hopefully aswell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 81>
  Share Topic