You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 81>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm a fan of hourihane and his goalscoring and assist record alone stand out, couple that with his dangerous set pieces he can cause teams problems.

I feel the only reason he doesnt get as many starts as someone with his ability is because he's not a 90 minute player, what I mean by that is he can go for long periods in a game where he doesnt get involved. I would also say that he's not the fastest player I've ever seen.

I really cant think of anything else that keeps him out of the first team and maybe I'm missing something but he's definitely got the quality to be a premier league first team player and on his day he can be one of villas best players.

This sums it up perfectly
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

If he was english he'd be the first name on the sheet 
LOLLOL

Absolute fckin nonsense.

Ffs. LOL

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 4:41pm
Definitely not villas worst player today but hourihane seems to be doing his disappearing act again.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm

Definitely not villas worst player today but hourihane seems to be doing his disappearing act again.

And you can pretty much put your house on it that Conor will be dropped for the next game. It's been the story of his life in the premier League. Villa get beaten and Conor gets dropped. Then within two or three games he comes on as a sub scores a goal or maybe getting assist and has a bit of a stormer.

As you mentioned regarding his disappearing act, unfortunately this pretty much sums up his general performances this season for club and country.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 4:59pm
K
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

And you can pretty much put your house on it that Conor will be dropped for the next game. It's been the story of his life in the premier League. Villa get beaten and Conor gets dropped. Then within two or three games he comes on as a sub scores a goal or maybe getting assist and has a bit of a stormer.

As you mentioned regarding his disappearing act, unfortunately this pretty much sums up his general performances this season for club and country.
That’s the way he has always been, even at Plymouth and Barnsley he had a tendency to drift in and out of games. I’m sure he would love to know what it is himself as he is certainly a capable footballer. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:30pm
Dropped next game

Gets an assist or goal 

Starts subsequent game

Dropped again. Rinse and repeat
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:33pm
His contribution to general play is minimal. He often pops up with a goal, so it's a hard one to weigh up. Carry an invisible midfielder for a match hoping he can get on the scoresheet, or play someone who contributes more but is far less likely to score.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

His contribution to general play is minimal. He often pops up with a goal, so it's a hard one to weigh up. Carry an invisible midfielder for a match hoping he can get on the scoresheet, or play someone who contributes more but is far less likely to score.
All we need is to find someone who contributes more.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:59pm

Considering we cant score give me mr invisible for now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Too many Mr invisibles in the Irish midfield to carry a Mr invisible who...might score. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Hourihane dropped to the bench as expected.

Also hendrick for Burnley. Connolly and Duffy on the brighton bench but a start for brady.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 12:13pm

Hourihane dropped to the bench as expected.

Also hendrick for Burnley. Connolly and Duffy on the brighton bench but a start for brady.

Both Villa and Burnley are are at a point where there's no rhyme nor reason why they win any individual game. They're forever stuck in the perpetual chopping and changing of personnel. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:40pm
Starts this evening against Leicester
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:00pm
Absolutely AWOL again today. It's like playing a man down from the start. 

I'm a big fan of his set pieces and he'll pop up with a goal or two but over 90 mins he just doesnt get involved 
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:10am

Absolutely AWOL again today. It's like playing a man down from the start. 

I'm a big fan of his set pieces and he'll pop up with a goal or two but over 90 mins he just doesnt get involved 
Much better as an impact sub at PL level I have thought
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:17pm
Should have conceded a penalty for a pointless push. Otherwise he was hopeless. As soon as we get one or two decent midfielders who can deliver a free kick he'll be out of the Ireland team. 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Too many Mr invisibles in the Irish midfield to carry a Mr invisible who...might score. 

Then drop an invisible who cant score for an invisible that can score
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 5:36pm
Fulham all over again. Weren't they amongst the top five spenders in Europe in the summer? Absolutely gutless, and heartless - a team of expensively-assembled mercenaries.

Hourihane is the least of their worries.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Mar 2020 at 5:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 81>
  Share Topic