Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 81>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How many of those were in League Cup against minnows?

Less than half....

and Brighton are hardly minnows either

I was talking about Crewe, he scored 2.

So you knew the answer but decided it was better to stir the pot!!!
He still has more goals this season than anyone in our squad.

I did have to check! He has 2 EPL goals.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 2:11pm
Goal and assist aside, I think hourihane's all round performance yesterday was very good. Probably the best I've seen him play. 

Having him in the team just for his amazing set pieces is simply not enough, yesterday (especially in the second half) his was involved with most of villas build up and covered a lot of ground.

Not sure about the hourihane/hendrick partnership however.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:03pm
Not a classic goal from Conor tonight but his fourth league cup goal this season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:33pm
McGinn out for 3 months
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

McGinn out for 3 months

A lot riding on Conor's shoulders at Villa now - a real chance to shine. Hope he does
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
Good chance for him alright, he has two goals and two assists in the Premier League this season despite not playing all that regularly, so he'll be able to replace that side of McGinn's game. Probably lacks his overall dynamism in general play though.
We're decent enough..
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:25pm
Comes on as sub and scores to put Villa 1-0 up
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:39pm
He keeps coming up with goals for them. How hes not starting is hard to believe. Prob will from now on seen as McGinn is out.
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm
If he was english he'd be the first name on the sheet 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

LOLLOL

Absolute fckin nonsense.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 5:25pm
He's up against Brazilians, Scots and Zimbabweans for his spot
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 8:20pm
I'm a fan of hourihane and his goalscoring and assist record alone stand out, couple that with his dangerous set pieces he can cause teams problems.

I feel the only reason he doesnt get as many starts as someone with his ability is because he's not a 90 minute player, what I mean by that is he can go for long periods in a game where he doesnt get involved. I would also say that he's not the fastest player I've ever seen.

I really cant think of anything else that keeps him out of the first team and maybe I'm missing something but he's definitely got the quality to be a premier league first team player and on his day he can be one of villas best players.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 10:07pm
Villa seem to do better with him in the team anyway. Is he their top scorer this season? Thinking off the top of my head but he must be.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 10:44pm
Joint third after Grealish and Wesley. 
I think we need a lot more out of Hourihane if we are going to start beating any decent teams. With non scoring strikers and the remainder of the midfield having such low scoring capability that puts the onus on Hourihane to be a scoring threat and only one goal in 17 in his career for us now suggests he's not been one and has usually struggled to make an impact. Potentially our most important player though for next year as we need him to step up as creator as well as scorer.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

LOLLOL

Absolute fckin nonsense.

Ffs. LOL

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Joint third after Grealish and Wesley. 
I think we need a lot more out of Hourihane if we are going to start beating any decent teams. With non scoring strikers and the remainder of the midfield having such low scoring capability that puts the onus on Hourihane to be a scoring threat and only one goal in 17 in his career for us now suggests he's not been one and has usually struggled to make an impact. Potentially our most important player though for next year as we need him to step up as creator as well as scorer.

All competitions joint top with 7 goals along with Grealish and has averaged a goal every 147 mins

Edited by PaddyDaCulchie - 26 Dec 2019 at 11:57pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 12:13am
I figured he had to be pretty much top of that list with cup goals and all. And hes played a lot less mins. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:01am
Ah yes he is prolific in the Pepsi Cola cup to be fair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 81>
  Share Topic