You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 81>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:16am
Conor left back tonight has he played there before?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:34am
Sure the lad cant tackle? Bizarre no?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:40am
He doesn’t do much apart from his delivery and shooting. Ian Harte could never tackle either, so it must not be what Mick wants from an Irish left-back.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:47am
Very little tackling in the modern game ,hes good on the ball and can get us playing from the back which is a good thing especially if we are trying to keep the ball in Tblisi.
He will need help and proibably cover at times from the other players in the back 4 but that wont be a problem.
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:52am

Hourihane has a nice left foot but he is as quick as erosion and I can't see him featuring in this position for a competitive fixture so this feels like a wasted opportunity to try out Manning there.
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:34am
Mick named dropped Stephen Ward to play as left back too, which means that he would approach Ward to come out of retirement and play a once off game than call up Manning or Leahy for that matter.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Hourihane has a nice left foot but he is as quick as erosion and I can't see him featuring in this position for a competitive fixture so this feels like a wasted opportunity to try out Manning there.

He's too ponderous in possession. He has a nice range of passing but he needs a bit of space (which he got vs Georgia and Gibraltar) to make the most of it. When he's crowded out quickly he struggles, which obviously means he'll find it difficult to impose himself against good sides like Switzerland. I think the aforementioned is one of the main reasons he's so good at set pieces - because it gives him all the time in the world to steady himself and put in a good delivery.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Mick named dropped Stephen Ward to play as left back too, which means that he would approach Ward to come out of retirement and play a once off game than call up Manning or Leahy for that matter.

Tbf, I'd much rather Ward play than Leahy. Leahy is not only inexperienced, he's also not that talented. Probably the least likely of the U-21 starting 11 to make it at a good level. As for Manning, I'm not sure his ability (nor his career to date) justify the current hankering for him, I'd rather Derrick Williams at left back really.
We're decent enough..
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:09am
Nuts that he is being considered for left full for such an important game on the basis that he has a "wand" of a left foot. Surely it should be Doherty if fit & if not Cunnigham or Williams. Even McClean would be preferable as he being playing left full this season for Stoke.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Tbf, I'd much rather Ward play than Leahy. Leahy is not only inexperienced, he's also not that talented. Probably the least likely of the U-21 starting 11 to make it at a good level. As for Manning, I'm not sure his ability (nor his career to date) justify the current hankering for him, I'd rather Derrick Williams at left back really.

Leahy is the only player in the under 21's that is consistently playing 1st team football.

No point in bringing Ward back.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
If this happens, I feel it is just a continuation of the steady-steady approach that McCarthy is taking, with the view that the “risk-taking” can start after his tenure.

I’d imagine that some of the players that MM has shown a real preference for (including Hourihane), the likes of Judge and Hogan will certainly start. Ditto Browne who came on the other night. Hogan and Judge have past reputations as very good players, and in Judge’s case, I don’t believe it a stretch to think he may have travelled to Euro 2016, and become embedded in the team for WC 2018 qualification. I also feel Egan, a starting PL CB will start..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Leahy is the only player in the under 21's that is consistently playing 1st team football.

No point in bringing Ward back.

To preference a retired Ward over a young consistently playing Manning makes little sense. 

Mick must know what Manning can do (as that's his job) but still not fancy him. But even then it's not like Ward has been good for Ireland 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm

Crucial point here and the one and only reason need to show why he shouldn't be playing as a LB.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
Hourihane or Ward at LB LOL LOL LOL

My God, he'll be considering calling Steve Staunton out of retirement next LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Crucial point here and the one and only reason need to show why he shouldn't be playing as a LB.

Shouldn't be playing LB because he is not a LB
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Hourihane or Ward at LB LOL LOL LOL

My God, he'll be considering calling Steve Staunton out of retirement next LOL

I'll see how he goes tonight before jumping to OTT conclusions

Could be a good call with Hourihane
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
Trap tried Kilbane, Mick tries Hourihane.

Dinosaurs 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Trap tried Kilbane, Mick tries Hourihane.

Dinosaurs 

But yet Pep tried an attacking midfielder in left back last season, he made the jersey his own and is now first choice in the position after winning a domestic treble, and Pep is heralded as a genius for that.

Not saying Hourihane is going to be a world beater, but no harm in looking at him in a friendly in the position knowing we are going to be without our first choice left back in the next game.

At least wait until 9.30 tonight to have a moan. Its quite an attacking choice for left back if nothing else.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Sep 2019 at 4:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 81>
  Share Topic