Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 61>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:28pm
Murphy is fooked, no chance of getting back into that side, way too average even for the SPL.
Sponsored Links

Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Murphy is fooked, no chance of getting back into that side, way too average even for the SPL.
Better than Walters imo.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:46pm
No chance he's better than Walters. Sure you only have to look at their time at Ipswich togteher; Walters was their best player and Murphy did fook all!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:26am
Murphy 6 goals in 18 games
Walters 30 goals in 136 games
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Murphy 6 goals in 18 games
Walters 30 goals in 136 games

Ipswich stats i take. If so, bare in mind Walters played a lot of his time there in midfield.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 4:43am
Yep.
I do think Waltesr is better than Murphy myself.
He's a big strong lad which is something that could be useful.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:59am

Murphy salutes Celtic spirit

Striker recognises importance of win at St Mirren

18th November 2010  

Murphy: Determined

Daryl Murphy believes the late winner scored by Gary Hooper against St Mirren highlights Celtic's never-say-die attitude.

The Bhoys looked set to lose ground on Glasgow rivals Rangers at the top of the SPL until Hopper struck with just seconds remaining to seal a 1-0 success at St Mirren Park.

Hooper had also netted a last-gasp goal to give Celtic victory over Dundee United earlier in the season and Murphy feels these could be crucial points in the title race.

The Irishman has been impressed by the character of his team-mates and insists they are prepared to keep fighting until the end.

"I think the timing of the goal shows the strength and team spirit just now," Murphy said in the Daily Record.

"That could be a massive three points come the end of the season. We never give up and we put a lot of pressure on them towards the end.

"The gaffer said, 'you might score in the first, you might score in the 90th minute but you have to just keep going and believe.

Blur

"I knew we would get chances towards the end of the game and it was just a matter of us taking one of them.

"It was the last minute when we scored but all that matters is that we got the three points. It was all a bit of a blur. I just remember getting myself in the six-yard box when the ball went wide.

"It came in and Hoops hit it first time but it came off a defender. It went straight to his feet again and he stabbed it home - cue the madness.

"I was first in, jumping on his back when he scored and got thumped in the eye by someone as there were arms going everywhere but it was worth it. It was a little bit crazy.

"It was great for the players and for the supporters who were at the game in their numbers."

Murphy came on as a substitute against St Mirren following an injury lay-off and admits it was a relief to return to action.

"I haven't had a game since my injury so I've got no sharpness but it's great to be back," he said.

Edited by Jokerman - 18 Nov 2010 at 7:59am
Jokerman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 8:33am

Murphy backs Lennon's passion to boost Bhoys

By Ronnie Esplin

Saturday November 20 2010

Daryl Murphy believes Neil Lennon's animated antics on the touchline are an inspiration to the Celtic players.

The Hoops' boss is becoming known for his passion in the technical area. That passion has boiled over on a couple of occasions this season, most notably during his side's 2-0 loss to Hearts at Tynecastle over a week ago.

Lennon was sent to the stands by referee Craig Thomson after a rant at the fourth official when a penalty claim was turned down.

However, Murphy does not want Lennon to calm down. "His passion for the game and the club is unbelievable and the supporters love it as well," said the 27-year-old.

"He is just the same as he was as a player. He is so passionate and it rubs off on the lads. You can see him on the sideline and he is trying to kick every ball and win every tackle, it's good for the team to have that as a manager.

"I don't think you can take that away from him, that's just the way he is. You are not going to change him and I think that is great for us."

Republic of Ireland striker Murphy returned from an ankle injury last week to help Celtic to an injury-time win over St Mirren in Paisley. He is now in line to start against Dundee United at Parkhead as a replacement for Anthony Stokes, who is out with a virus.

"I am not used to being injured," Murphy said. "The longest I've ever been out is a week, so to be out for six weeks, sitting in the stands watching the lads playing, is the most frustrated I've ever been.

"The two lads have also scored a hatful of goals between them and it is always difficult then for a striker to get back in. But I've come back quicker than I expected from the injury and I am really looking forward to playing."

- Ronnie Esplin

Irish Independent

Edited by Jokerman - 20 Nov 2010 at 8:33am
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 12:04pm
played 81 mins in their 1-1 draw today...came off for mccourt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 5:23am
Where is lad these days is he even playing for the reserves?

Wonder what Celtic ever saw in him, he is brutal.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 7:45am
Has had alot of injuries Sono, but with the form of Hooper, Stokes and Samaras, he's now way down the pecking order.  Has ability but only shows it now and again and is injured more often than not.  Dunno if he's currently injured.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Has had alot of injuries Sono, but with the form of Hooper, Stokes and Samaras, he's now way down the pecking order.  Has ability but only shows it now and again and is injured more often than not.  Dunno if he's currently injured.

The Murph was on the bench v M/well. last Sunday.
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 1:53pm
Daryl Murphy hit the crossbar in Soccer AM's crossbar challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juk-PICyD1U
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 1:12am
Quality goal for the Murph at Paradise yesterday. ClapClapClap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bumble View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:08am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:20am
Savage goal, but he has had a poor season
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:28am
They had the Celtic goals on Soccer Extra just then and George Graham and Trevor Francis were the guests. Talked about the first two Celtic goals and then didn't eve mention Daryl Murphys goal. Angry
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:40am
took his goal well on sunday
put em under pressure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 61>
  Share Topic