You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injuries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injuries
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:29pm
Just after doing my hamstring at training and its fookin killin meCry Have ice on it.

Anyone reccomend anything??
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:50pm
Did mine in a few weeks back, very painful indeed

I just rested for a few weeks, but i did ice it for 20mins then hot water bottle, then ice again etc helps the muscle

Did you do proper damage to it? Did you feel it snap like?
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:53pm
No wouldnt say its fully done, just tweeked it a bit just a **** when i try to bend it!
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:14pm
Ice, Strap it and take a sh*t load of Nurofen with Ibrofen as that is an anti imflamatory and will help repair the muscle quickly.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eh_check View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eh_check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 6:14pm
i did mine in 2 weekes ago i stretched it out every day even tho it hurt like fook and iced i found that heat packs did fook all imo 
G'WAN YBIG
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:11am
exactly all the above...and elevate when possible....sleep with it elevated via pillow at bottom of bed.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:05am
Have had sore heels for about the last 6 weeks. Put it down to running on hard ground. Some mornings after a training session I'd be coming down the stairs like a snail sideways!

Any advice on how to fix them? rest?

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Have had sore heels for about the last 6 weeks. Put it down to running on hard ground. Some mornings after a training session I'd be coming down the stairs like a snail sideways!

Get yourself some good insoles. Elverys do an insole specifically to suit your feet. Cost aroubd 50€ but i highly recommend them.
Chips don't bounce
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:15am
Amputation seems to be the only thing for it

Could be Heel Spurs, Best remedy is Ice after training so the tendon doesn't tense up.

when you wake up in the morning stretch it out, Also having something to roll under foot is quite useful
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Get yourself some good insoles. Elverys do an insole specifically to suit your feet. Cost aroubd 50€ but i highly recommend them.

Are those the insoles that raise your heel up?
Should they be worn all the time or just while training

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
RICE

Edited by Gary McKay - 01 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

RICE

PRICE
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

RICE

PRICE
Costs fcuk all mate.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:53am
@MrBaggio
That is your Achilles.    Nada to do with running on hard ground.  
Start doing some heel drop/raises exercises (google them, basically standing on a step and going up and down).   Another good one is to sit down with your legs folded under you and your toes extended (i.e. kneel down, lower your @rse down on to your heels, while using your toes as support).    This will hurt the big toes a bit, but stay in this position for as long as you can, it helps with the tendons going up the back of your legs.

Edited by cullenswood - 01 Aug 2017 at 10:54am
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Are those the insoles that raise your heel up?
Should they be worn all the time or just while training

wouldn't agree with insoles. unless you are advised that to use them will help, otherwise you'll do further damage. same thing as with flat feet - not all flat feet will be solved with insoles.

issue could be in your Achilles. there's a specific splinter-like soft cast you can get to wear during the night. allows you to 'rest' your Achilles, and may well sort out your pain
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:22pm
Is it the bottom of your heel (sole of foot area) or the back of it (Achilles area)?
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:25pm
Its more towards the bottom of it
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:44pm
Probably not the Achilles so. Could be a few things - Plantar Facilitis or the Bursa could be inflamed. Check these links, any like what you have?
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic