Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darron Gibson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 250>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 3:03pm
Gibson will develop more as a player playing for Utd whether he gets his game or not - than going to another team fighting for survival.

I'd like tol see him go on loan to another club in a different country.

As Kevin Moran said he learned more in 1 month about football in Spain than he did in 10 years in Englang.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Propagandhi® View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:16am

SCOTLAND star Darren Fletcher has sold his mansion to a teammate - for £1.5million.

The Manchester United midfielder was desperate to sell after his wife Hayley was subjected to a terrifying knife raid there.

Now the property in Bowdon, Greater Manchester, has been bought by United starlet Darron Gibson.

And the Fletchers have moved to a £2.5million house in nearby Hale.

A source said: "Darren put the house on the market last year shortly after the robbery.

"Hayley was left really shaken by the ordeal when she had a knife held to her throat. They installed a hi-tech CCTV system and security system but decided to move to a more private location.

"The six-bedroom house was put on the market for £1.65million while the new camera system was available by separate negotiation.

"But Darron drove a hard bargain and got the house and security system for £1.45million. He is really pleased with it."

The raid on the house took place in February last year when three hooded thugs burst in.

Hayley, who married Darren, 26, earlier this year, had her £10,000 engagement ring ripped off her finger.

The couple's two-year-old twin sons were asleep in another room.

The crooks, dubbed The Away Day Robbers, got away with cash and goods worth more than £150,000.

The raid was the 14th on a footballer's home in Lancashire and Cheshire in three years.

Police fear crooks are striking when stars are playing in away games.

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 7:02am
hope he starts on Friday, more creative than green and best passer we have in Ireland squad, pity about his positioning sense
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 7:39am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

hope he starts on Friday, more creative than green and best passer we have in Ireland squad, pity about his positioning sense

Your joking right?
I think Green is a better all round midfielder who looks for the ball and tries to pass it forward.
Gibson has a tendancy to let the game pass him by too much.

Green will definitely get the nod.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 8:34am

Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has explained why Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson is not in his squad.

Gibson was overlooked for Derby County's Paul Green in victory in Armenia.

He said: "I have no prejudice against any player. You don't need to tell me about Darron's qualities. They are exceptional.

"But he is not playing at the moment and that can affect a player's morale.

"Also, I like my midfielders to be like Gattuso, to be mentally strong and to carry out the little details. I'm not always right but I am happy with how Green played."

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Propagandhi® Propagandhi® wrote:

Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has explained why Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson is not in his squad.

He said: "I have no prejudice against any player. You don't need to tell me about Darron's qualities. They are exceptional.

"Also, I like my midfielders to be like Gattuso, to be mentally strong and to carry out the little details. I'm not always right but I am happy with how Green played."

Quiet right youre not,he was f**king atrocious against armenia
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has explained why <ABBR title="">[COLOR=#ee9b00">Manchester United[/COLOR"></ABBR> midfielder Darron Gibson is not in his squad.

Quiet right youre not,he was f**king atrocious against armenia

This gets better and better- im not saying he should publicly knock green but to pick him again and say he was happy with how he played against armenia
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 6:53am

Darron Gibson has become embroiled in a war of words with his international boss Giovanni Trapattoni after the Italian suggested he should leave Manchester United.

The Republic of Ireland manager suggested that the Derry man could improve his "hunger" by quitting the Theatre of Dreams.

The 22-year-old was snubbed by Trapattoni in favour of Derby County's Paul Green for Friday night's 1-0 victory over Armenia in Yerevan and he is set to miss out again for tonight's Euro 2012 qualifier against Andorra in the Aviva Stadium.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games, but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," he said.

"Where else would I go from Manchester United? At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game?

"To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh.

"To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me." Gibson admits his lack of first team action with United so far has denied him his second competitive international start, however, he hopes to seize his opportunity when it arrives.

"I have good relationship with Trapattoni," he added.

"We haven't fallen out in anyway. Personally, I just think I haven't been playing (for the Republic of Ireland) because I haven't been playing regularly at club level and he's giving other players the chance that play week in, week out."

The attack-minded midfielder is expected to play a significant part in Manchester United's bid to win back the Premier League title and he wants to help shoot down Andorra, a team ranked 201 in FIFA's world rankings.

"Like I've said before, I've proven what I can do with my performances at Manchester United last season," he said.

"I will be very disappointed if I don't play against Andorra. "I wasn't surprised I didn't play against Armenia, but I was disappointed not to get on.

"At Manchester United I've continued to do the same thing I've done all last season.

"I'm just waiting for my chance to get another run in the team. "It would be great for me if I was to play against Albania, it would be another cap and fingers crossed, I'll get the nod.

"We'll see what happens, but hopefully I can get on and make a difference. "If we play well we should get another three points which would be a great start to the group campaign."

The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:37am

Darron Gibson has become embroiled in a war of words with his international boss Giovanni Trapattoni after the Italian suggested he should leave Manchester United.

The Republic of Ireland manager suggested that the Derry man could improve his "hunger" by quitting the Theatre of Dreams.

The 22-year-old was snubbed by Trapattoni in favour of Derby County's Paul Green for Friday night's 1-0 victory over Armenia in Yerevan and he is set to miss out again for tonight's Euro 2012 qualifier against Andorra in the Aviva Stadium.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games, but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," he said.

"Where else would I go from Manchester United? At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game?

"To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh.

"To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me." Gibson admits his lack of first team action with United so far has denied him his second competitive international start, however, he hopes to seize his opportunity when it arrives.

"I have good relationship with Trapattoni," he added.

"We haven't fallen out in anyway. Personally, I just think I haven't been playing (for the Republic of Ireland) because I haven't been playing regularly at club level and he's giving other players the chance that play week in, week out."

The attack-minded midfielder is expected to play a significant part in Manchester United's bid to win back the Premier League title and he wants to help shoot down Andorra, a team ranked 201 in FIFA's world rankings.

"Like I've said before, I've proven what I can do with my performances at Manchester United last season," he said.

"I will be very disappointed if I don't play against Andorra. "I wasn't surprised I didn't play against Armenia, but I was disappointed not to get on.

"At Manchester United I've continued to do the same thing I've done all last season.

"I'm just waiting for my chance to get another run in the team. "It would be great for me if I was to play against Albania, it would be another cap and fingers crossed, I'll get the nod.

"We'll see what happens, but hopefully I can get on and make a difference. "If we play well we should get another three points which would be a great start to the group campaign."

didn't know we were playing them tonight as well? trap must be putting something in the waterLOL
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:42am

Gibson should deffo be in ahead of Green.

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 7:54am
Sometimes the stuff trap comes out with is just idiotic.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:08am

Giovanni Trapattoni has denied reports that he claimed Darron Gibson would have to leave Manchester United in order to further his international career.

Reports claimed over the weekend that Gibson might have to quit Old Trafford to become a regular in Trapattoni's Republic of Ireland side.

The suggestions earned an angry rebuke from Gibson with the midfielder unhappy that Trapattoni was advising him to leave United, stating the Italian 'must have been having a laugh'.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," Gibson told the Derry Journal.

"At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game? To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh. To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me."

Confusion

However, after Ireland's 3-1 win over Andorra, Trapattoni moved to clear up the confusion insisting he never suggested for Gibson to find pastures new, but to work harder to establish himself at United.

"What I told him was that, for him, the action is not finished when he does not have the ball," said Trapattoni.

"I told him that in this great team (United) it is not easy to play in this situation because he plays with ten great players and when these great players have the ball they play.

"He must ask for the ball, he must want the ball. That is important.

"He has to work to get the ball. He has fantastic vision and the long ball and he has a good personality with the ball."

Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:11am

Giovanni Trapattoni has denied reports that he claimed Darron Gibson would have to leave Manchester United in order to further his international career.

Reports claimed over the weekend that Gibson might have to quit Old Trafford to become a regular in Trapattoni's Republic of Ireland side.

The suggestions earned an angry rebuke from Gibson with the midfielder unhappy that Trapattoni was advising him to leave United, stating the Italian 'must have been having a laugh'.

"If Trapattoni wants me to move on from a club like Manchester United to better my game, move to somewhere like Stoke where I'll get more games but have little chance of winning anything, then I just don't know," Gibson told the Derry Journal.

"At what club, other than Manchester United, could I go to improve my game? To be honest, if he's trying to say that I should move somewhere like Stoke City and change my game to winning tackles and not winning games, then he's having a laugh. To move on from Manchester United just doesn't make sense to me."

Confusion

However, after Ireland's 3-1 win over Andorra, Trapattoni moved to clear up the confusion insisting he never suggested for Gibson to find pastures new, but to work harder to establish himself at United.

"What I told him was that, for him, the action is not finished when he does not have the ball," said Trapattoni.

"I told him that in this great team (United) it is not easy to play in this situation because he plays with ten great players and when these great players have the ball they play.

"He must ask for the ball, he must want the ball. That is important.

"He has to work to get the ball. He has fantastic vision and the long ball and he has a good personality with the ball."

Thats defiinetly something he needs to do more, he seems to drift in and out of matches without leaving his mark on a match. Doesnt demand the ball enough, which is probably tough given the players he plays with.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Doesnt demand the ball enough, which is probably tough given the players he plays with.

Every time I watched Gibson, I've felt the same way about him.
He's got a brilliant strike and a neat first touch, however, games all too often seem to pass him by.

When he got on last night, I was hopeful that he would make his mark with some telling passes, but he scarcely got on the ball to do so. This is his problem, both for us and his club, should he stay at Manyoo.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 12:06pm
those comments about stoke might offend glenn whelan and soon to be marc wilson. not good media work on gibson's part.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 1:06pm
not a great player. reminds me of liam miller. anonymous in games.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Royler10 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royler10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 1:09pm
I understand why Trap doesnt start Gibson - ie "Big Club Syndrome"...however i would give him starting chance, throw him in the middle against Norway and see what he returns..I reckon eventually Man u will end up loaning him out...
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Royler10 Royler10 wrote:

I understand why Trap doesnt start Gibson - ie "Big Club Syndrome"...however i would give him starting chance, throw him in the middle against Norway and see what he returns..I reckon eventually Man u will end up loaning him out...
i hope we don't loan him out. if fergie loans him out, that's it. he ain't a united player anymore. he's been loaned out 3 times already and he's 22 now? it's make or break. i'd love to see him used more in the team but truth is, fergie doesn't have enough confidence in him. he did play against man city and bayern munich last season which were massive games for the club and honestly, gibson had very good games. did what was expected of him and got a goal against bayern and a very good first half. unfortunately, we got too cocky after that and carrick, fell asleep completely. no fault of gibson's that we didn't go through to the semis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 250>
  Share Topic