You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darron Gibson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

A genuine waste,

He had early plaudits of Trapp and Ferguson and retained the trust of managers like Moyes and MON during their good times. There was something good there. It’s really unfortunate that between injuries and form etc we never saw the best of players like O’’Brien, Ireland, Stokes, Gibson or even Best.

[/QUOTE]When you think about it, we’ve had a serious amount of potential down the years and I include underage prospects that eventually didn’t make it. I know the same is true everywhere, it just seems we have more than our fair share for our size.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:24pm

A genuine waste,

He had early plaudits of Trapp and Ferguson and retained the trust of managers like Moyes and MON during their good times. There was something good there. It’s really unfortunate that between injuries and form etc we never saw the best of players like O’’Brien, Ireland, Stokes, Gibson or even Best.

When you think about it, we’ve had a serious amount of potential down the years and I include underage prospects that eventually didn’t make it. I know the same is true everywhere, it just seems we have more than our fair share for our size.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But I also feel it was particularly concentrated around 2006-2007. Wayne Henderson is another example of somebody who got injured and never properly recovered.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:29pm

A genuine waste,

When you think about it, we’ve had a serious amount of potential down the years and I include underage prospects that eventually didn’t make it. I know the same is true everywhere, it just seems we have more than our fair share for our size.

Agreed. But I also feel it was particularly concentrated around 2006-2007. Wayne Henderson is another example of somebody who got injured and never properly recovered.
[/QUOTE] yeahi recall a few around early 2000s, U21s usually played a day before the seniors iirc. I am probably looking at it with a reverse romanticism though..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:35pm

A genuine waste,

When you think about it, we’ve had a serious amount of potential down the years and I include underage prospects that eventually didn’t make it. I know the same is true everywhere, it just seems we have more than our fair share for our size.

yeahi recall a few around early 2000s, U21s usually played a day before the seniors iirc. I am probably looking at it with a reverse romanticism though..[/QUOTE]

And many of these were lads who would have had a few PL starts here and there. But the Senior Team was strong enough with enough present prospects not to hang on every teamsheet that was published to see what they are doing. Twenty years ago, I don’t believe we’d have been on the same tenderhooks  about Parrott and Idah. We’d have been pleased but the same obsession just didn’t exist.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
Yeah good point in fairness. I dream of those halcyon days again
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm
I don’t think we have had any more than anybody else, I just feel we build them up more and have a smaller pool.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:04pm
Gibson's career was wasted because he had a bad attitude and was a sulker.  He probably fell off the map because he probably felt he was above any of the clubs he played for after Man Utd. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:06pm
20 years ago we weren't watching under 18's football clips on twitter. Access is the only thing that's changed really. 

Having said that, we do seem to have the best crop of young talent in about 20 years.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

20 years ago we weren't watching under 18's football clips on twitter. Access is the only thing that's changed really. 

Having said that, we do seem to have the best crop of young talent in about 20 years.

Well, that’s not entirely true. Between 1997-2000 a lot of underage football at tournament level was shown on Eurosport and RTE, including the Under 16 and Under 18 Euro Finals in 1998, as were a lot of Under 21 gone games. In many respects 20 years ago, we got an almost birds eye view of what was developing at the time.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:45pm

A genuine waste,

yeahi recall a few around early 2000s, U21s usually played a day before the seniors iirc. I am probably looking at it with a reverse romanticism though..

And many of these were lads who would have had a few PL starts here and there. But the Senior Team was strong enough with enough present prospects not to hang on every teamsheet that was published to see what they are doing. Twenty years ago, I don’t believe we’d have been on the same tenderhooks  about Parrott and Idah. We’d have been pleased but the same obsession just didn’t exist.
[/QUOTE]

LOL I find your post a bit of a damp squid
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

A genuine waste,

yeahi recall a few around early 2000s, U21s usually played a day before the seniors iirc. I am probably looking at it with a reverse romanticism though..

[/QUOTE]
Don’t upset the apple tart.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

A genuine waste,

Don’t upset the apple tart.
[/QUOTE]

People tend to put Gibson on a pedal stool around here.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 6:56pm
Hmmmm. I guess you learn something every day.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 4:52pm
Darron has signed a short term deal for Salford.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:25pm
Played the full 90 and scored a great penalty to help Salford through to the final of the EFL Cup tonight.
We're decent enough..
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:13pm
Has to be in the squad 

Edited by kearney304 - 19 Feb 2020 at 11:13pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Has to be in the squad 

The last squad he was in was a squad car
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Has to be in the squad 

The last squad he was in was a squad car
LOL,  he’s just a slow Glenn Whelan
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250>
  Share Topic