You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darron Gibson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
The forgotten man..

Had he been able to stay fit and healthy and kept his head he would have made a big difference for us over the past number of years. The Glenn Whelan thread would be significantly shorter!!
Sponsored Links

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad
Could do with him for the playoff
Surely he will be called up
Yada yada yada etc etc and other nonsensical posts from the usual suspects 

Only one person spouting nonsense there tbf. The fact that some posters might call for the involvement of a young player getting regular game time in say, the Championship, is hardly comparable to thinking Gibson should be called up off the back of a move to Salford, is it?

Keep going O'Shea, don't let them break your spirit.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:59pm

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Only one person spouting nonsense there tbf. The fact that some posters might call for the involvement of a young player getting regular game time in say, the Championship, is hardly comparable to thinking Gibson should be called up off the back of a move to Salford, is it?
You really are the gift that keeps on givingLOL 

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

Typical nonsense attempt to discredit genuine discussion as to player selection. Like I said, good man.
We're decent enough..
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

The forgotten man..

Had he been able to stay fit and healthy and kept his head he would have made a big difference for us over the past number of years. The Glenn Whelan thread would be significantly shorter!!

Your point is relevant, but it's a pity you chose to toss in a cheap shot at someone who did manage to stay fit and out of trouble. 

It wasn't meant as a cheap shot. More so that the burden (or the majority of the criticism) on the midfield holding role has been directed at one player rather than shared around or reduced. Had Gibson fulfilled his potential there would have been less reliance on Whelan. With McCarthy and Arter also missing for extended periods the man who shows up consistently is constantly in the firing line.  

In hindsight it was actually a cheap shot but directed at posters on here that overdo it on the Whelan thread!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:50am

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

Typical nonsense attempt to discredit genuine discussion as to player selection. Like I said, good man.
Its striking that you were the poster to take umbrage with my original comment, must have hit a nerve...I wonder whyShocked

Your ‘genuine discussion’ was called out before with reference to your posting on foot.ie. In fairmess though, you were mentioned along with another distinguished poster so fair play, my cap is doffed in your direction. .LOL

Heres the relevant bit quoted for your perusal..

“Then you have the lads on Foot.ie, who by and large are more intelligent and insightful (aside from posters like O'Shea and Cathal Smart)”

Keep up the good workThumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Jan 2020 at 7:57am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:05am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

The forgotten man..

He had plenty of opportunities but flattered to deceive.

Was one of our better technical players, who went missing in games too much.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:06am
How can someone take offence with a clearly sarcastic comment LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

LOL and then continues to chew.. This place is a mad house LOL
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 9:04am
Save your mudslinging sledging comments for the Glenn Whelan thread you viperous begrudgers!

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 28 Jan 2020 at 9:05am
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:11pm

Because the sarcasm is blatently an attempt to ridicule anyone who would dare to suggest a call up for anyone other than our established squad players. That's all you see on here these, someone suggests a call up for Molumby/Collins etc and they get shouted down by the exact sort of sarcastic nonsense being spouted in that post.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:13pm

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

Its striking that you were the poster to take umbrage with my original comment, must have hit a nerve...I wonder whyShocked

Your ‘genuine discussion’ was called out before with reference to your posting on foot.ie. In fairmess though, you were mentioned along with another distinguished poster so fair play, my cap is doffed in your direction. .LOL

“Then you have the lads on Foot.ie, who by and large are more intelligent and insightful (aside from posters like O'Shea and Cathal Smart)”

What on earth are you talking about? I don't even have a foot.ie account you lunatic LOL
We're decent enough..
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:35pm

Because the sarcasm is blatently an attempt to ridicule anyone who would dare to suggest a call up for anyone other than our established squad players. That's all you see on here these, someone suggests a call up for Molumby/Collins etc and they get shouted down by the exact sort of sarcastic nonsense being spouted in that post.
No, the sarcasm was to ridicule people who constantly call for players to be called up on the basis of wiping their arse properly or tying their boot laces correctly...yes thats more sarcasm!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:36pm

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

What on earth are you talking about? I don't even have a foot.ie account you lunatic LOL
I’d deny it too if it was me being called out like thatThumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:39pm

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

I post on this forum, there is no one with the same name on Foot.ie because I don't have a foot.ie account. As for being "called out"; called out on what exactly? I think your line of argument is pathetic; there you go, now you've been "called out" as well. Hang your head in shame you sad little troll LOL
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm
MON really did give him every opportunity, even keeping him in the mix approaching Euro 2016 when he was playing very little football. I recall him playing in the Netherlands and Belarus games.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

MON really did give him every opportunity, even keeping him in the mix approaching Euro 2016 when he was playing very little football. I recall him playing in the Netherlands and Belarus games.
A genuine waste, something not right with the lad which is/was a pity for us. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:54pm

Has to start in Slovakia
Should be in the squad

Good man Clown
Well thats me told..LOL

I post on this forum, there is no one with the same name on Foot.ie because I don't have a foot.ie account. As for being "called out"; called out on what exactly? I think your line of argument is pathetic; there you go, now you've been "called out" as well. Hang your head in shame you sad little troll LOL
CryCry it really hurts when someone with your intellect calls me names. I’m done with this, cant handle it anymore, just please dont call me names ever again please....pretty pleaseBroken Heart

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Jan 2020 at 3:55pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:00pm

A genuine waste, [/QUOTE]

He had early plaudits of Trapp and Ferguson and retained the trust of managers like Moyes and MON during their good times. There was something good there. It’s really unfortunate that between injuries and form etc we never saw the best of players like O’’Brien, Ireland, Stokes, Gibson or even Best.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250>
  Share Topic