You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 104>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
Give it a rest lads, ffs. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:18am
Mick is doing a fine job with the squad he has . Some of the posts on here are beyond a joke.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by daraghj82 daraghj82 wrote:

some job done by mick so far even if the football is much the same under MON and roy, I would like to see him given another 2 years of the euro's if we qualify or not

Na, it’s most definitely much more football as opposed to tbe hoofball even if a lot of it was going nowhere v bulgaria first half. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What does Mick have to do to get some credit? It wasn’t his fault he was appointed and given a remit of qualification! People on about beating teams of note! We have possibly the worst squad in our history! It’s atrocious! And yet he has kept us in with a shout with three games to go.
I said before the campaign that if we qualify they should build a statue of him, that hasn’t changed.

I don't disagree. We won't qualify. 

We most certainly won't qualify by trying not to win games though. That is what McCarthy has brought. Those tactics and that mindset. I most definitely won't applaud him for that.

You have clogged up this thread with the same sh*te. We get it you don't like him or the football he plays. For the love of God give over.

Why would I give over? 

I read the absolute nonsense posted on here about McCarthy and it really is painful. The absolute delusion that gets mentioned on here, and lads don't seem to realise it is indeed themselves that are are the absolutely deluded ones. It will be very interesting to see the thoughts on our campaign in November. As it is, we have been poisonous performance wise to this point in almost every game. We are getting results we most definitely shouldn't have and we are clinging on for dear life in the group. That won't keep happening and it is utter delusion to believe it will. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 8:59am

What does Mick have to do to get some credit? It wasn’t his fault he was appointed and given a remit of qualification! People on about beating teams of note! We have possibly the worst squad in our history! It’s atrocious! And yet he has kept us in with a shout with three games to go.
I said before the campaign that if we qualify they should build a statue of him, that hasn’t changed.

We most certainly won't qualify by trying not to win games though. That is what McCarthy has brought. Those tactics and that mindset. I most definitely won't applaud him for that.

You have clogged up this thread with the same sh*te. We get it you don't like him or the football he plays. For the love of God give over.

Why would I give over? 

I read the absolute nonsense posted on here about McCarthy and it really is painful. The absolute delusion that gets mentioned on here, and lads don't seem to realise it is indeed themselves that are are the absolutely deluded ones. It will be very interesting to see the thoughts on our campaign in November. As it is, we have been poisonous performance wise to this point in almost every game. We are getting results we most definitely shouldn't have and we are clinging on for dear life in the group. That won't keep happening and it is utter delusion to believe it will. 

I think it's close minded if not a bit delusional to be so negative and state that we have absolutely no chance of qualifying. I'd say you'd be happier if we didn't qualify just so you could say "I told you so".

If we were to (somehow) finish first and qualify automatically (could happen) what would your thoughts be on how Mick faired in the campaign?
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:35am
Clique Jiz.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Why would I give over? 

I think it's close minded if not a bit delusional to be so negative and state that we have absolutely no chance of qualifying. I'd say you'd be happier if we didn't qualify just so you could say "I told you so".

If we were to (somehow) finish first and qualify automatically (could happen) what would your thoughts be on how Mick faired in the campaign?

Not at all. I won't do I told you so when we fail to qualify from the group. The rewriting of how this group played out will be done by many many others on here. The abysmal performances and lack of any ambition to go and win games - this will all be looked at totally differently when the final group table comes together.

Btw, I wouldn't at all discount qualifying totally. We have a 90 percent chance of being in the playoffs. We will not finish top 2 in our group, but we are just 2 playoff games away from qualifying. That is what we should have been building towards all along. With a bit of luck in the playoff draw, we could even qualify without winning either of those matches. Draw our way to the euros Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Why would I give over? 

Not at all. I won't do I told you so when we fail to qualify from the group. The rewriting of how this group played out will be done by many many others on here. The abysmal performances and lack of any ambition to go and win games - this will all be looked at totally differently when the final group table comes together.

Btw, I wouldn't at all discount qualifying totally. We have a 90 percent chance of being in the playoffs. We will not finish top 2 in our group, but we are just 2 playoff games away from qualifying. That is what we should have been building towards all along. With a bit of luck in the playoff draw, we could even qualify without winning either of those matches. Draw our way to the euros Clap

Would you be willing to give me 9/1 on Ireland qualifying by finishing top 2 in the group?

Stop over exaggerating everything Moleman.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:20pm
Indeed Brendan. Indeed.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:23pm
This forum is being destroyed by posters negativity and bullsh*t .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

What is there to be positive about at the moment regards the Irish senior team?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:34pm

Top of the group and have parity with the higher ranked teams in the group.

In the mini group of 3 its equal.

Denmark draw in Georgia gives us a huge chance to qualify in the first 2.

Football is poor, thats not the debate.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm
We are top of the group with a possible advantage over one of our direct rivals I.e Denmark. 

More will be revealed as the campaign goes on 3 games left and if we get 2 wins which is far from certain we will qualify. 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm
AKA pedantic kunt
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:47pm
Best case for 3 games 

W D W 

Worst case 

D L L

Probable case 

W D D 

Edited by kearney304 - 16 Sep 2019 at 1:47pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:00pm

Why would I give over? 

You remind me of Trap junior when MON was going well. Had to make sure that everyone was aware that MON was in fact crap, despite the results not supporting his point of view. The shouts became louder and increasingly desperate.

You are in no position to say with such certainty that we wont qualify.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:09pm
Have posters still not cottoned on to this spoofer/bullsh*tter, he has spammed most of the ROW section for long enough, now he is trawling the International threads with his incessant look at me against the world bullsh*t it has become all so fckin boring at this stage
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:09pm

Personally, I think a lot:

1.We are on top of our group, and in control of our destiny.
2.We have a manager who has continued on a tradition of getting plucky results in difficult circumstances.
3. The mentality of the camp is leaps and blinds better than t was last year.

And that ignores the plan for Kenny, and the availability of a number of old, capable youngsters who are on their way. In comparison to the previous year, there is a lot to be positive about.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Best case for 3 games 

W D W 

Worst case 

D L L

Probable case 

W D D 

Would the best case scenario not be winning all of our matches?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 104>
  Share Topic