Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 104>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:35pm
The whole country would have went into meltdown if we dared to play a 3-4-3 from the start against Gibraltar.

Gibraltar play the most defensive "5-3-2" formation in history because they certainly don't leave 2 players up top and even if they did, the threat posed would still be non existant.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Am I right in saying that in the two games we played Gibraltar we didn't play with two out and out strikers alongside eachother?

McGoldrick played off Maguire in the away game and McGoldrick playing slightly off Hogan tonight?

Yah it was never going to be two strikers up top but I don't mind that as McGoldrick is a very intelligent player. He takes up good positions and drifts around a bit like Walters did. He can also play that role in behind the striker along with being the target man in the Denmark game. 

It was a pity he didn't get a goal tonight. 

I think he has a good shout of being a starter against the Swiss (which sounds odd for a 31 year old who's never scored for us LOL)  and play in behind Long if he's fit. 

I think it was a missed opportunity not playing McGoldrick in the 10 and starting with Maguire and Hogan up top.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

6 months left in his tenure then adios. Quick aul spell. 

I cannot believe he is our manager. It is so depressing. What an opportunity missed this campaign will turn out to be.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:59pm

Am I right in saying that in the two games we played Gibraltar we didn't play with two out and out strikers alongside eachother?

McGoldrick played off Maguire in the away game and McGoldrick playing slightly off Hogan tonight?

Yah it was never going to be two strikers up top but I don't mind that as McGoldrick is a very intelligent player. He takes up good positions and drifts around a bit like Walters did. He can also play that role in behind the striker along with being the target man in the Denmark game. 

I think he has a good shout of being a starter against the Swiss (which sounds odd for a 31 year old who's never scored for us LOL)  and play in behind Long if he's fit. 

I think it was a missed opportunity not playing McGoldrick in the 10 and starting with Maguire[/B and Hogan up top.

Good grief! ....if the former in particular ever scores an International goal I'm coming out of retirement

Edited by gazurtoids - 10 Jun 2019 at 11:59pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:00am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

I think it was a missed opportunity not playing McGoldrick in the 10 and starting with Maguire[/B and Hogan up top.

Good grief! ....if the former in particular every scores an International goal I'm coming out of retirement

Well one would think Long and Obafemi would be ahead of Hogan and Maguire in the starting stakes if they were fit, so it's merely of case playing who was available tonight in regard to my comment.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:09am
Mick annoyed me with his subs, first taking off Robinson when he was playing really well and second for only using subs late and only using 2.

This was a good chance to see players who have had limited game time so far but who had good seasons for their clubs, I was hoping to see O'Dowda from the start but didn't get a minute
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:26am
he is Derry Dinosaur mark 2 for sure... Hans and a few others warned us about it. he is basically using the same system and the same personel but with a few minor differences, and one could be forgiven for mistaking that team tonight as a MON side

if we manage to somehow scrape a qualification out of this campaign, and thats a massive if, i would argue that it wouldn't would not really advance the cause of Irish soccer... the real work starts when Kenny takes over

Edited by mully_85 - 11 Jun 2019 at 12:27am
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 2:49am
Mick got it wrong after 20 minutes. Change tactics. And more so after we scored the 1 st one
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
f**k what happened during the game, it was after the game where he was best.

Reporter: "Can you give us any details about the team bus breaking down"
Mick: "It broke down"
Reporter: "Can you expand on that?"
Mick: "It wouldn't move" 

LOL
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
I liked his comment when Tony O'Donoghue was pressing him

"We’ve won ten points and they are all in my pocket. By the way I’m not giving any of them back!"
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:55pm
It’s a bad sign when his one liners are the highlight of his tenure.
1.3m million a year for that spoofer. Only in Ireland 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:02pm
Only in " la republic". the team can manage itself after the last Giovanni-Martin-Mick conservative approach
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

I liked his comment when Tony O'Donoghue was pressing him

"We’ve won ten points and they are all in my pocket. By the way I’m not giving any of them back!"
I thought he handled the interview quite well, it is certainly his strong point. I cringed at that though, he is better than that.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:45pm
He was certainly in a funny mood (not in a great way) last night.

The other one liner

Reporter: "Why didn't you use all 3 subs?"
Mick: "I didn't want to"

Such a sarcastic f**k LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:56pm
He's a breath of fresh air in comparison to the last year under MON.
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:51pm
In fairness, I wouldn't blame McCarthy for his efforts  to make a silk purse  from the proverbial!

Edited by The Tribesman - 11 Jun 2019 at 10:52pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:54pm
Dinosaur, thankfully not in situ for long. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
GINN2 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:45pm
The people looking to replace MMcC will be looking to replace his successor after four games as well.

When are we just going to accept that the players are useless?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 104>
  Share Topic