You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 104>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:51pm
Rather childish and maybe bitter form Mick - 12 months on and he still needs to snipe.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Rather childish and maybe bitter form Mick - 12 months on and he still needs to snipe.
Managers as a rule are very protective of other managers being sacked, for obvious reasons. I think as soon as Mick was asked about Hughton it was fairly obvious that he wasn't going to respond by saying that it was the correct decision.

Mick's disarming honesty and dry humour is also what has made him incredibly popular with the media and with supporters outside of Suffolk.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:12pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:30pm

Damn right. Would take that over him showing fake concern for Ipswich's plight tbh. 

It's karma baby!! Cool

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:01pm
Priceless , Love mick , pragmatic, witty  and self deprecating . Breath of fresh air compared to the last management 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:30pm
6 months left in his tenure then adios. Quick aul spell. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Incidentally, while we may fail to qualify from the group, if indeed we get a playoff, will Mick keep the gig for that? Or would Kenny be drafted in for this?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Incidentally, while we may fail to qualify from the group, if indeed we get a playoff, will Mick keep the gig for that? Or would Kenny be drafted in for this?

He will keep it. this came up before.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

I think the players should accept 90% of the blame here.

I mick has to tell them to pass the ball straight we may as well pack it all in

Mick picks the players. Leaves out players too. Doesn't even select some fo r squad in the first place. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

I think the players should accept 90% of the blame here.

I mick has to tell them to pass the ball straight we may as well pack it all in

I think McCarthy gave the players a bit of freedom tonight. He took out the safety valve of the CM and played three forwards. He also gave licence to Coleman and Stevens to move forward.

With respect, the slate of strikers he has been given isn’t his fault. Walters and Keane are missed, while Long remains our best option, and his PL scoring has been erratic and he hasn’t scored for us in three years. The suite of strikers we had this week have scored nothing between them. That’s for starters.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:04pm
The only time he brought on 3 subs in a game was Denmark away on Friday, would have thought tonight and Gibraltar away would have been perfect opportunities to give a couple of players a cap or a chance to add to their tally (with way of impressing)

Not beating him a stick here either btw, I'm just surprised at that stat.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:06pm
In a sense playing Minnows exposes Irelands weaknesses more than say the likes of Denmark , Austria etc..

We are expexted to create and score versus minnows. Games againat teams better than us expose our lack of creativity less as we dont create much anyway and the emphasis is on our defending to get draws.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

In a sense playing Minnows exposes Irelands weaknesses more than say the likes of Denmark , Austria etc..

We are expexted to create and score versus minnows. Games againat teams better than us expose our lack of creativity less as we dont create much anyway and the emphasis is on our defending to get draws.

This. 

We don’t suit being on top.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The aul defensive mentality LOL

To be fair we don't have a strike force to think about creating chances and scoring goals.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:19pm
Am I right in saying that in the two games we played Gibraltar we didn't play with two out and out strikers alongside eachother?

McGoldrick played off Maguire in the away game and McGoldrick played slightly off Hogan tonight?

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Jun 2019 at 11:25pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:29pm
Well now it would have been remiss of us to play such a cavalier gung ho approach against the might of the rock
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:31pm

Well now it would have been remiss of us to play such a cavalier gung ho approach against the might of the rock

Take your points and the goals will look after themselves. EIRE abu.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Am I right in saying that in the two games we played Gibraltar we didn't play with two out and out strikers alongside eachother?

McGoldrick played off Maguire in the away game and McGoldrick playing slightly off Hogan tonight?

Yah it was never going to be two strikers up top but I don't mind that as McGoldrick is a very intelligent player. He takes up good positions and drifts around a bit like Walters did. He can also play that role in behind the striker along with being the target man in the Denmark game. 

It was a pity he didn't get a goal tonight. 

I think he has a good shout of being a starter against the Swiss (which sounds odd for a 31 year old who's never scored for us LOL)  and play in behind Long if he's fit. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 104>
  Share Topic