Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 104>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Don’t agree that we’re in a darker place than 12 months ago 
For a start we’ll not be starting Cyrus Christie in central midfield 

Give it time.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm
Some of the pessimism on here is depressing. Mick had no choice but to pick an experienced squad to get 6 points on the board. The June camp will be the time for experimenting with youth and fingers crossed, Bamford & Crowley will be on board by then.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Some of the pessimism on here is depressing. Mick had no choice but to pick an experienced squad to get 6 points on the board. The June camp will be the time for experimenting with youth and fingers crossed, Bamford & Crowley will be on board by then.
There is a difference between pessimism and realism.
And realism hits your hard in the face when you have 2 league 1 strikers and a 31 year old uncapped  league 2 striker In  your extended squad
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

There is a difference between pessimism and realism.
And realism hits your hard in the face when you have 2 league 1 strikers and a 31 year old uncapped  league 2 striker In  your extended squad

Extended squad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Half the squad come may could have English accents 
Two months to practice.Clap

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 4:48pm

Totally agree. Cut away the fringe players to what could be a potential final 23 come June, and it doesn't look too bad. 

Also, if you stuck Rice into the middle of that panel, we all know rightly there would be plenty of optimism going round. His defection has sucked the life out of things the last few weeks, but under Mick I think this squad could be pretty decent. 

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph, Keiren Westwood, Kieran O'Hara 

Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Matt Doherty, Richard Keogh, John Egan, Shane Duffy, Enda Stevens, Kevin Long

Midfielders: James McCarthy, Jeff Hendrick, Conor Hourihane, Alan Browne, Harry Arter, Robbie Brady, Callum O'Dowda, James McClean, Daniel Crowley, Ronan Curtis

Forwards: Sean Maguire, Patrick Bamford, Callum Robinson 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Might be something I missed but who is the current goalkeeping coach in Micks backroom team

Alan Kelly is back IIRC 

Yeah that's what I heard but haven't seen anything official
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:17pm
He is going to need to score . So the squad might be all out at
attack. In there .... 3 gk 6/7 defenders.... 8 mids 5 attackers plus Robinson . 24.

I say final cut

Randy Westwood kelleher

Duffy Egan Keogh Stevens Long Doherty Coleman

Brady arter hendrick mcclean odowda mcgeady  mccarthy/meyler/whelan judge or curtis

Shane L mcgoldrick Hogan Maguire Collins robinson

Edited by Gerry Geary - 08 Mar 2019 at 6:18pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

He is going to need to score . So the squad might be all out at
attack. In there .... 3 gk 6/7 defenders.... 8 mids 5 attackers plus Robinson . 24.

I say final cut

Randy Westwood kelleher

Duffy Egan Keogh Stevens Long Doherty Coleman

Brady arter hendrick mcclean odowda mcgeady  mccarthy/meyler/whelan judge or curtis

Shane L mcgoldrick Hogan Maguire Collins robinson

Personally I think Kelleher playing for the u21's is better for his development than being unused in the senior squad. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 9:54pm
Mick on the late late now
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:00pm

I have a feeling we won't even have those 6 points on board. That squad. That manager. Pessimism. Depressing. Apt words imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
The Rice incident .....i hope he gets forgotten by newer playera like the 0 caps grealish. Mark noble spoke out as well John terry. Rice is an idiot .

Edited by Gerry Geary - 08 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:11pm
Jesus a ticket for everyone in the audience LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:15pm
Lads its great hes back. Who knows how it will end up but its just so good not have to listen to o'neill anymore. At least mick talks his players up and i think the players will repond well to him. Im exciting for these two games coming up i have to say.

Edited by doherty - 08 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:18pm
Am I the only one who would take MON back in a heartbeat LOL
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Jesus a ticket for everyone in the audience LOL

Struggling to sell tickets then , how about a free ticket for every st holder😁😁

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 08 Mar 2019 at 10:27pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:27pm
Just to highlight our decline as a footballing nation, Mick's first squad first time round. Not many League 2 players here. Shay Given was later called up to make his debut.

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND SQUAD (v Russia, Dublin, 27 March): A Kelly (Sheff Utd), Bonner (Celtic), Irwin (Man Utd), G Kelly (Leeds), Kenna (Blackburn), McGrath (Aston Villa), Babb (Liverpool), Phelan (Chelsea), Staunton (Aston Villa), McGoldrick (Arsenal), Houghton (Crystal Palace), Kernaghan (Man City), McAteer (Liverpool), Keane (Man Utd), Townsend (Aston Villa), Sheridan (Sheff Wed), McLoughlin (Portsmouth), Quinn (Man City), Aldridge (Tranmere), Coyne (Motherwell), Cascarino (Marseille), Milligan (Norwich), Morris (Middlesbrough), Daish (Coventry).

Edited by NewtNewbie - 08 Mar 2019 at 10:28pm
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
Mick came across well as always . A class act. 

Looking at that squad Liam Daish above  , now there’s a blast from the past . 
Played for us in 92 then no more caps until 96.  How many other Irish players went through a gap like that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 104>
  Share Topic