You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:06am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I noticed Mick repeatedly praised the players who always turned up for him and contributed positively to the squad and to training even when they weren't being selected ( Sean Maguire was another such as well as those mentioned already). Implicit criticism therefore, not overtly stated, of those who habitually didn't turn up ( e.g. James McCarthy, Harry Arter, Kieren Westwood, etc ).
What he didn't say was an absolute disgrace alright.
LOLLOLLOL
brilliant!!!! probably post of the weekend for me! Thanks!
ClapClapClapClap

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:31am
I don't think he was that bad tbh, I found his insight into the Slovakian team very good. He obviously prepared to play them and had watched a lot of them so was fairly knowledgeable about how they set up and play. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:47am

I noticed Mick repeatedly praised the players who always turned up for him and contributed positively to the squad and to training even when they weren't being selected ( Sean Maguire was another such as well as those mentioned already). Implicit criticism therefore, not overtly stated, of those who habitually didn't turn up ( e.g. James McCarthy, Harry Arter, Kieren Westwood, etc ).

Clap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
brilliant!!!! probably post of the weekend for me! Thanks!
ClapClapClapClap

It’s like they are in a relationship with Mick and they are having a domestic or that he is an ex on social media and they are bitchinf about him being a bitch 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I don't think he was that bad tbh, I found his insight into the Slovakian team very good. He obviously prepared to play them and had watched a lot of them so was fairly knowledgeable about how they set up and play. 

Didn't watch the Slovakia game on sky but that is encouraging to read. Not that it matters now anyway.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
So what have we learned over the past month?

It has become evident that our footballers through DNA testing are missing the gene that controls the co-ordination between the foot and eye.

Therefore we are genetically at a disadvantage to other nations and must play to our strengths.

The 'Route 1' is a tactic thought up by the Denisovans 20,000 years ago and is still employed today by their descendants who are a rare breed and domiciled in places in the Atlantic Archipelago. 
The phrases today such as 'get in amongst them', 'put it in the mixer', 'unsettle them early doors', 'launch it', 'no fannying about at the back'. 'they don't like it up 'em',  were invented by our pre historic ancestors. 

If EIRE are to compete we need to go back to basics.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Didn't watch the Slovakia game on sky but that is encouraging to read. Not that it matters now anyway.

It was only the previous management team
That didn’t think that sort of stuff was important 😀

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Oct 2020 at 12:50pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That didn’t think that sort of stuff wasn’t important 😀

What was Roy’s roll ? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:51pm
French baguette I think 

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Oct 2020 at 12:52pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Whelan88 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:53pm
He can't half be a droning bore doing commentary, he was on a par with the drabness of the Wales match.

Don't mind him as a bloke, very committed player and a respectable EFL level manager, out of his depth above that.

Edited by Whelan88 - 12 Oct 2020 at 12:54pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

What was Roy’s roll ? 
Ham and cheese.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 1:00pm

What was Roy’s roll ? 

Fictitious coffee shop in Coronation Street!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

What was Roy’s roll ? 

Fictitious coffee shop in Coronation Street!
Didn't he come a cropper?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:40pm
Mick is apparently about to be taken out of cold storage to attempt a rescue job at Blackpool. Is Andy Lyons any good at kicking the ball very high and very far?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 5:36pm
Officially announced as new coach till the end of the season by Blackpool. Can see it now, Mick keeps them up doing a good job and we struggle badly in the first two international windows of the qualifiers. FAI to hire Mick as Ireland coach for the third time. Be our version of what Darren Ferguson is to Peterborough.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:04pm
Hope he does well Clap
I love beer gardens
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:01pm
First win for Mick today at home to Stoke. 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 5:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104>
  Share Topic